Thread: The BETA and E3

The BETA and E3

E3 is coming up in a week which gives some insight into some time-line for the BETA.

Blizzard is going to most likely have a LOT to say at this E3 with Diablo3 information, the release of StarCraft2 just over a month after the convention, and of course the Cataclysm expansion.

While it might be a little too early for Blizz to promise a release date for Cata they are most certainly going to supply many clarifications and videos and new information to keep us biting. Now how does this involve the BETA?

At E3 they are most likely going to have some "Try Me" booths for the Goblin and Worgen starting zones. Usually they developer servers or a psuedo BETA server for this. With that in mind, I don't think they will begin the BETA that Tuesday so as to keep their servers clean for showing off purposes.

However, with Blizzcon so far out, closer to what we think the actual release might be, it's possible Blizz might give out some BETA keys at their panel. Giving out keys and having their voice out officially at the convention would be an opportune time for Blizz to announce the exact date of the start and wave times of key handouts of the BETA to help put to rest the malicious emails many people have received claiming to be BETA keys.

My personal prediction, with all that in mind, is that the BETA will begin no later than two weeks after E3 with the Pre-Cataclysm events Project Gnomeregan and Zalazane's Fall perhaps even starting the week of or after E3.

Re: The BETA and E3

I could have sworn SC2 realease date was in July. Not sure how long E3 lasts, but im sure its not a month long. Have i booked a week off on the wrong month? lol
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    I could have sworn SC2 realease date was in July. Not sure how long E3 lasts, but im sure its not a month long. Have i booked a week off on the wrong month? lol
    You're right. It's in July. I read the wrong month. Either way however it's not far off and Blizz is going to highlight it.

Edited my post to clarify.

It's a sound conclusion; one I've come to as well. E3 will most likely mark the beginning of the closed beta.

News flash:

Blizzard isn't going to E3

Quote Originally Posted by AtotheJ
    News flash:

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AtotheJ
    News flash:

I was going to put this...but I had to make sure on the E3 website.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard never attends E3, they save their news for Blizzcon and WWI's

/facepalm. The whole reason blizz does Blizzcon and that thing in France is because they don't go to E3, I belive they don't like paying money to some company when they can just have blizzcon lol. Any how F U _ K E3 its sucked for the last five years.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

:'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Sweet lord almighty, who pooped in your cereal.

blizzard never does E3 hate to break it too ya.

they host their own E3 otherwise known as "BLIZZCON".

so all your assumptions are 100% wrong.

Activision will go to E3. Maybe they will give info on the Blizzard games

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror
    Activision will go to E3. Maybe they will give info on the Blizzard games
    No they wont. Any Blizzard news will either come from CM on Blizzard forums or Blizzcon. Only thing activision booths will talk about are the next crappy versions of Guitar hero, CoD, etc.

I would hate to buy a $150 ticket to Blizzcon to see some moron from Activision to spoil some news at a convention that people never go to.

echoing what people are saying

Blizzard doesn't do E3, they have their own convention to blow people's minds with..

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie
    Blizzard never attends E3, they save their news for Blizzcon and WWI's
    Absolutely right. Which is why it's my imagination that I got to play the Diablo 2 LoD expansion at the Blizzard booth at E3 the year it launched.

Blizzard may not attend anymore, but they did.

Indeed, i remember the magazines showing up Warcraft 3 in their E3 pages.

lol i guess the OP got the hint and was shunned away from re-posting =P