Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Huntering in H lk 25

Neither have i. I use DXE.

Focus tranqing prevents both the Hunters from tranqing the same one.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    The timer merely shows the cooldown of enrage, not when they actually use it. They usually use it on cooldown. When they don't? You'll be blind.
    I've yet to see one NOT use it on cooldown. Besides, even if they didn't use it on cooldown, guess what? Tranq Shot doesn't go off, and hopefully you're paying enough attention to see that. If you're not, it doesn't matter anyways does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dald
    Focus tranqing prevents both the Hunters from tranqing the same one.
    Because you really want to change your focus during a fight as opposed to simply marking one right?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

/target shambling
    /cast Tranquilizing Shot
    /targetlasttarget

Seems to definately be superior to my current mouseover macro.

I've ditched KS glyph for Chimera Shot.

I think i'm going to grab tuskaars or cat's swiftness in the morning when the servers come up, so I can get some free mobility for a loss of 10 agi/16 agi. (iirc)
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_
    As a pretty successful Hunter in endgame encounters(I'd like to think atleast, HLK10 to 28% the 3rd week avail.) , there are a lot of extra things you can do to increase your overall output for this fight, especially with the Tranqs. And that would be to have the correct set of macro's available to you. Personally a targetlasttarget macro works wonders in this fight and the reason being is you only have to target your shambling once, then LK again.

When you start you'r post with there are a lot extra things you can do ....and then go and write a essay how a marco works, that doesent really help. Focus macro, lasttarget, mouseover ..whatever gets the job done, it wont matter in dps output much.
    Think everyone sees, we fall far behind after p1. To help that- make sure you keep killing down the last remaining drudge ghouls. If you're on orb duty, then though luck, you will fall behind. If not, you shouldnt much, just start dpsing the raging spirit asap with md up to tank. P2 is a bad for hunters again with the movement and target switch. Guess all classes suffer, but hunters can get into deadzone etc, we all know it. Cooldown management plays a fair role aswell. Make sure you get your cooldowns loaded fully into target, not that you use em just before defile, then get defile and run with it while cooldowns up.

I personally end up around 8k+ dps, just above the locks. But still pretty much last. But im on orb duty aswell, and i bet everyone in the raid knows, why hunters are low on that fight, so it has never been an issue from raid part.

There was more than enough information to assist in the way things should be done. I did cover more things, did you just tl;dr it?

I explained that part for a reason. The explanation is more then enough to help maximize output while on tranq duty. If you think the information is incorrect then I would have to say you're mistaken.

Hunters do fall behind, but again there are things you can be doing to increase output - I put those there to assist in increasing his output - Your post to me has nothing to do with this at all; Keep to the topic of the thread.

Naphta, I would suggest using Cat's Swiftness or Tuskarr's. Cat's would be the min/max dps choice because of the agility. Yeah, that macro is pretty efficient and you don't really need to worry to much after that. During phase 1 you should only ever need to target your Shambling, then Target the LK. One Hunter per Shambling is more than enough.

Target switching sucks for one reason, and that is the upkeep of Serpent Sting. Why don't you smart switch your targets (depending on the target) and pump say, Steadies and Aimed(Multi), then Chimera your SrS. Target. You only need to get the Valks down to 50% Kunn. You'll get what, one rotation in maybe a half before the Valk starts to fly up? Maybe you can try that out if you already don't.

If you use the above method then you never risk losing a powered up Serpent Sting on your target and have to wait until another proc before you get the chance to reaply - Oh and you'll have to do that over and over.
    But remember it's only useful in some situations. I would use that trick provided the Valk dps was in the clear or not.

Edit::

How many Hunter's actually use their explosive trap for valks? I mean they are usually stunned long enough within the trap area right? Explosive will add a cleave like effect of pretty decent damage per tick that wasn't already there. You can preplace it before the valks land so you may use your frost-trap as well. That can be another way to up damage and dps. 4 targets of an extra 1k+ per tick plus your normal damage is going to up your output again.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

He is correct, hunters are one of the worst classes for the lich king fight.
    Nevertheless, we are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    Nevertheless, we are needed.
    Always bitch duty for the hunters!

Also, they don't cast enrage on the cooldown if they're busy casting shockwave, this has usually been the reason I've seen it delayed iirc.

10+ Year Old Account

Always bitch duty for the hunters!
    Orb duty on Anub anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign

Orb duty on Anub anyone?
    don't forget the misdirects.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird
    Because you really want to change your focus during a fight as opposed to simply marking one right?
    What in gods name do you use your focus for anyway?! Just bind /focus to a key (or mouse button in my case) and go back to lk, spending about 1 second off the boss itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Issyle
    What in gods name do you use your focus for anyway?! Just bind /focus to a key (or mouse button in my case) and go back to lk, spending about 1 second off the boss itself.
    It takes away from max dps time
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Issyle
    I also like to use my focus frame for my MT, as #1 I can see how likely a wipe is #2 I use a focus MD macro.
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    don't forget the misdirects.
    just MD keleseth to the <insert bad lock here>, and the other 2 to the MT and OT, in one gcd, kthxbai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    I also like to use my focus frame for my MT, as #1 I can see how likely a wipe is #2 I use a focus MD macro.
    meh, just use grid or xperl, if group 5 is all dead, it's time to gtfo.

Personally, I have macros for the side buttons on my mouse. One is a mouseover set focus, one is a tranq on focus. First shambling comes up, I mouseover focus it, and any time my focus target enrages PowerAuras displays a mark (generally just watch for the animation which comes a tiny bit before they get Enraged). /cast [@focus] Tranquilizing Shot and job done. Never even switched target, or even stopped DPSing (except the GCD on tranq).

Phase two/four I have two MD macros assigned to our tanks, hit either one as required to MD Raging Spirits.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Personally, I have macros for the side buttons on my mouse. One is a mouseover set focus, one is a tranq on focus. First shambling comes up, I mouseover focus it, and any time my focus target enrages PowerAuras displays a mark (generally just watch for the animation which comes a tiny bit before they get Enraged). /cast [@focus] Tranquilizing Shot and job done. Never even switched target, or even stopped DPSing (except the GCD on tranq).

Phase two/four I have two MD macros assigned to our tanks, hit either one as required to MD Raging Spirits.
    Exactly this. If you don't use a mouseover macro, for whatever bizarre reason (disabled maybe) 1 second is not going to make/break a kill, especially seeing as P1 is SO easy. Also, why do people STILL use focus MD macros for MT/OT?

For H LK25 I've been considering regemming agility instead of armpen. Being armpen capped is fantastic for Fester, BQL, and most other fights, but with all the switching to valks, raging spirits, and ice spheres, all of our armpen gems are most likely hurting us more than helping. The crit and ap gained from agility is likely to be better since we are often attacking targets that don't have the full complement of debuffs that make armpen so powerful.

I hate to regem everything for one boss, and I haven't yet. Do I lose 300-500 dps on farm bosses, or regem for the only real progression encounter. Might be easier if I had the badges or honor for those 20+ gems.

ele shaman and boomkins work also for killing the orb. Rogues can MD adds to tanks too. Unfortunately for you a hunter does both of those things better. All I can say is when you're dropping a frost trap drop an explosive or immolation trap. If you're survival try your best to explosive shot the LK in between duties. Make him a focus and do an explosive shot @ focus macro. That fight is really hell for a hunters. Thank god I'm not one.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmil View Post
    For H LK25 I've been considering regemming agility instead of armpen. Being armpen capped is fantastic for Fester, BQL, and most other fights, but with all the switching to valks, raging spirits, and ice spheres, all of our armpen gems are most likely hurting us more than helping. The crit and ap gained from agility is likely to be better since we are often attacking targets that don't have the full complement of debuffs that make armpen so powerful.

I hate to regem everything for one boss, and I haven't yet. Do I lose 300-500 dps on farm bosses, or regem for the only real progression encounter. Might be easier if I had the badges or honor for those 20+ gems.
    That isnt exactly true, you want a minimum ammount combo points expose applied asap...preferably 2points, puting up fairy fire on atleast one valkyr shouldnt be a problem either. All in all the only downside of arp i see on this encounter is on the ice spheres and well those 300-500 dps you mentioned help transitioning him faster.

Regarding the posts about tranqs...i always found it useful to have a focus target + its cast bar + eventualy a MSBT trigger, something in the order of Cast Start, Source = Focus, Spell = Enrage yada yada, just gives you the option to concentrate on another things.

#showtooltip Tranquilizing Shot
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm, nodead] Tranquilizing Shot; Tranquilizing Shot

Will tranq either your focus or target.
    Last edited by Kibu; 2010-06-15 at 02:42 PM.