Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladin Tanking Trinkets

Hey fellow tanks, quick question to run by ya

I use both direbrew trinkets simply because they give the most staminia of any trinket besides the skeleton key and sindragosas tooth. I have recieved mixed reactions to this from various sorces. Heres my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ade&cn=Draemus

My avoidances are pretty solid without "legit" tanking trinkets as some have called them. So what I'm asking is if its worth it to drop almost 4000 health just for a bit more dodge and parry from emblem trinks?

Oh yes, and I'll have the skeleton key after next weeks weekly.

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Re: Paladin Tanking Trinkets

Those two trinkets are just fine, only fight you may wanna switch them out for is saurfang.

Other than that fight and heroics stamina trumps all.

10+ Year Old Account

Never use an avoidance trinket. I don't care if you have heroic corpse tongue coin, they're good for nothing except gear score (mild exaggeration maybe). As a rule, stam will always be far more useful than avoidance for survival.

However, that being said, you mention CSK and sindra trinket, but don't forget about the easily pugged Toc25 trinket which has more stam than brewfest with a fairly solid on use.

Also, the 245 armor trinket is a solid alternative, as it will give you similar EH (on physical) as direbrew.

10+ Year Old Account

Get the 245 Badge Trinket for major e-peen and just switch them out before engaging combat.
    As soon as you have access to Putricide 10, you should definitely get the Unidentifiable Organ.
    Run ToC25 on a weekly base and hope to get the stamina trinket from Faction Champions.
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

Use Def-Stam gems in yellow sockets for decent bonuses.

Going for nothing but stamina no matter what is not too great of an idea, unless you need to for a high spell-damage encounter.

Black Heart from ToC 5 normal is better, with almost as much stamina and a massive armor proc with high uptime. The armor trinket from Triumph emblems is also better.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elioda
    Black Heart from ToC 5 normal is better, with almost as much stamina and a massive armor proc with high uptime.
    This is debatable. I don't like relying on a random proc for survival, so i never was a fan of this trinket. It may be less damage take overall than direbrew, but tanking is about instantaneous survival, not the net sum of damage taken vs healing taken.

I know the feeling all to well :P I got a truck load of comments as well when I was using direbrew trinkets. Though as already mentioned get the key and hope for the trinket in toc25. If that doesn't work out there's the Emblems of Triumph trinket. I don't recommend Unidentifiable Organ, I feel the proc is too unreliable even in ICC :P For me it rarely stacked to 10 and it just doesn't stay there

thanks for the advice, I'll definitely start doing ToC 25 each week now.
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Stamina Trinkets over Armor Trinkets anyday, armor doesn't deter magical damage. UO trinket is only good for trash and is poor against bosses the stacking buff is lost quickly against their slower hits.

ALTHOUGH, I would probably use the Black Heart from ToC5 over the brewfest ones due to the proc uptime...
    i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz watercooled, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 2x GTX580, 2x 120gb Corsair Force GT's, 128gb Crucial M4, 4.5tb Storage
    Corsair 600T white, OCZ 1250w ZX PSU, 27" Samsung 950D 3D with ilyama 20" portrait monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Optinium
    Stamina Trinkets over Armor Trinkets anyday, armor doesn't deter magical damage. UO trinket is only good for trash and is poor against bosses the stacking buff is lost quickly against their slower hits.
    Even with a low amount of stacks the Organ is easily better than the Brewfest stuff for most fights.

So actually I have another question now...

My armory link is up top, should I get the skeleton key first or the 264 tanking belt?

Thanks!

Trinket first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Even with a low amount of stacks the Organ is easily better than the Brewfest stuff for most fights.

I agree with this, but it sounds like he's not at that content yet possibly. Stack stamina. Not only is it good in general for EH. It also raises the threshold upon which AD procs, thus stamina also technically works as damage reduction because you reduce damage sooner by having more. So yes, use those Direbrews

Deleted

Question:
    My Tankadin is a twink, so I'm not really into this hole tanking theorycrafting thing. Now my Question, I've got the Organ, PDK25 Stam Trinket and the Badge Key.
    I normaly use the 2 pure Stam Trinket 'cause the Organ isn't stacking higher than 5 on moste of the encounters.

Right or wrong (normally I really enjoy Armor for EH but more Life is just... cool ;D)

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...as&cn=Quäntin

Quote Originally Posted by Beroin
    Question:
    My Tankadin is a twink, so I'm not really into this hole tanking theorycrafting thing. Now my Question, I've got the Organ, PDK25 Stam Trinket and the Badge Key.
    I normaly use the 2 pure Stam Trinket 'cause the Organ isn't stacking higher than 5 on moste of the encounters.

Right or wrong (normally I really enjoy Armor for EH but more Life is just... cool ;D)

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...as&cn=Quäntin
    File Not Found
    This character profile could not be displayed, possibly for one of the following reasons:
    The character has been inactive for an extended period of time.
    The character name was spelled incorrectly.
    The profile is temporarily unavailable while the character is in the midst of a process such as a realm transfer or faction change.
    Characters that have been deleted are no longer available on the Armory.
    Are you sure you spelled it right?

Deleted

Yeah just type or copy paste the "ä" and search for it... armory is f***** up sometimes....

Seems evident to me that most people don't understand the concept of EH or time to live very well... at the end of the day if a trinket will give you a greater % increase to your armor than another trinket will give a % increase to your health then the armor trinket will increase your EH or time to live by a greater amount (against physical damage).

The 245 armor trinket is 1790 armor, so assuming someone around the 35K armor range this trinket increases time to live by about 5%.

To gain the same effect from stamina, assuming about 60K health raid buffed in ICC (with the buff of course) you need to increase your health by about 3K.

Stamina is more advantageous in that it will increase your time to live against magical sources of damage as well as physical. The downside is that it increases the soaking effect which is less mana effecient (and while that isn't really a concern it's still a disadvantage).

Armor has the advantage of generally being more effecient in terms of iLvl but only provides a benefit for physical damage.

So if you need some way to quantify which is better you can compare the % gain and select the higher... making that choice will generally be the better choice with specific niche encounters involving large amounts of magical damage being an exception to the rule.

another thing many people throw to the side with black heart is on tank swaping fights, although the trinket proc effect is not up on the first hit, it is still up for a greater amount of time that you are receiving damage which can potentially up its up time a good amount.
    The problem with the organ it is good with single tank and consistent damage, yet on tank swaps the stm proc is useless on the start.