Deleted

Hacking or something in game?

I'm wondering if you can get hacked or something from taking attachments out of in game mails?

Like today I got a mail from a lvl44 in game with a thick-shelled clam and 1g1s1b attached to it. I sent a whisper to the dude why he sent me those stuff and he said what? and then that it must have been a mistake of some kind. Still it seems a bit wierd.

Anyone know something about this?

Re: Hacking or something in game?

/facepalm.

1)Are you sure it wasn't COD?
    2)No you can't get "hacked" ingame.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    /facepalm.
    let's not come to judge straight away

clearly you aren't that advanced with computers so I'll try to explain it in simple language as good as possible

You can't get hacked from within game

I'm done

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    /facepalm.
    Yea I know it might sound noobish but if you have some info to share it would be helpful =) Would make me calmer so maybe I can facepalm with you :P

Only way would be to mail him back with your username and password. Or a fake one for laughs.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tea
    I'm wondering if you can get hacked or something from taking attachments out of in game mails?

Like today I got a mail from a lvl44 in game with a thick-shelled clam and 1g1s1b attached to it. I sent a whisper to the dude why he sent me those stuff and he said what? and then that it must have been a mistake of some kind. Still it seems a bit wierd.

Anyone know something about this?
    If you don't want gold, then there's something wrong with you.
    OT: probably a gentle player who gave a small 'fee'. Back in tbc I had such mails. Now they are rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Aww that's cute. That's like when I was like 10 and my father showed me a screensaver with worms crawling over the screen and he said "That's a computer virus" and I was like "OH NO"

I think people are starting to confuse real life or "computers" with WoW

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Aww that's cute. That's like when I was like 10 and my father showed me a screensaver with worms crawling over the screen and he said "That's a computer virus" and I was like "OH NO"
    Well maybe he's 10? :P my little brother started playing when he was 7 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Teck12
    You trying to say my warrior isn't real? That dragons don't exist? That a guy with a pointy sword dominates an undead army, which even a large abysmal demon can't?

BLASPHEMY

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh
    1)Are you sure it wasn't COD?
    2)No you can't get "hacked" ingame.
    1. No, the gold is there for me to take :P That's why I get suspicious, cause I got a mail with just some gold and a wierd note a couple of mounts ago. Just seems wierd that ppl hand out gold in mail without "gaining" something in doing it... and that's why I'm thinking about some hacking or other stuff. Yes noob, but you know it's a game where nothing comes for free unless it's from your friends so you wonder and hope for some explanation of some kind =/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBlunder
    If you don't want gold, then there's something wrong with you.
    OT: probably a gentle player who gave a small 'fee'. Back in tbc I had such mails. Now they are rare.
    So ppl are just gentle for no reason? Well, if that's the case I guess it's cute =) Just wired cause like you say... it's rare. I got some gold in an other mail a couple of months ago and you just start thinking that if ppl just hand you gold... something must be wrong. Usually this is a greedy game =) Give me 1g and take my 24000g is what I'm worried about :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Teck12
    Hehe well those hackers or scammers are good at creating stuff. Like level 1 chars flying to spell a link to a website in game... and as far as I know lvl1 warlocks can't sleep in the air in different positions... so maybe they can create some stuff ending up in your mailbox in game as well. Then I'm no computer freak in that sence, so I hoped the computer freaks in here could give me a helping hand, or at least a helping facepalm and not just a facepalm :P

ppl commonly mis-spell the names of there friends or alts when the first start playing and send the mail to the wrrng person...i did it when i started and the ppl i sent it to all had the decency to return it to me. a few g means a lot at that lvl when you are first starting, so i now i just return them with a message about them possibly sending it to the wrong person.