Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: how "hard" is marksman in pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    Question: Why don't anyone use arcane shot in their rotation?
    Because its terrible at arp levels and doesn't proc piercing shots.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Please don't spread misinformation.
    CS------AiS----SS1---SS2----SS3--SS4----CS
    10sec--8.5sec--6sec--4.5sec-3sec--1.5sec--off cd

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    Question: Why don't anyone use arcane shot in their rotation?
    Because Steady Shot literally does more damage than Arcane shot at any semi-decent amount of armor penetration.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    Yes, for the opening rotation, but after that constantly spamming 4 and turning it into an actual rotation and not a priority rotation like it is, would be a dps loss.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

[|||-------------]

About that hard.

On a more serious note though, playing MM hunter is not really hard. The only thing I sometimes have problems with is readiness, tbh

Yes, for the opening rotation, but after that constantly spamming 4 and turning it into an actual rotation and not a priority rotation like it is, would be a dps loss.
    it's always 4 unless you glyph for aimed or chimera shot.

10+ Year Old Account

it's always 4 unless you glyph for aimed or chimera shot.
    I wish I had the apparent magic amount of haste that you do. Come 20% its not, which is more or less what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrk
    hi hutar dudes and duderinas!

after a little break from wow i rerolled hunter. im at 5,8 gs now, i do decent dps, i read a lot about gearchoises etc, everything seems fine. but then i sometimes feel like i missed something... in a lot of threats marksman is handled as a medium-difficult rotation. now, in my opionon its the simpleest rotation i ever played, so maybe i do something wrong.

all i do is:

opening: huntersmark, serpent sting
    then: CS and AiS on cd, steady-a-lot

so basicly i spam these buttons: 3, E, mousewheel alot. repeat.

edit. ocassionaly i killshot
    have i mayor leaks in my brain?

If you have a Prot Warrior for Sunders or a Druid for Fearie Fire, it helps to wait a second while those are applied before stating your rotation. You can start off with Silencing Shot and Hunter's Mark together since Silencing Shot does not share a GCD with everything else. Then hit the boss with 1 Arcane shot, pop your short CDs and get into your rotation. Delaying those few seconds allows other procs to trigger from what ever trinkets you may have and you start your rotation off as strong as possible. Chimera Shot>Aim Shot is only until you have a significant amount of ArP. Once you break 800ArP from gear alone and starting stacking ArP gems you want to switch to Aim>Chimera as it will benefit more from Improved Steady Shot at high lvls of ArP. At that point you also start using the elixir combo Elixir Armor Piercing and Elixir Mighty Thoughts along with Hearty Rhino for your raid food.

When you make that switch to Aim>Chimera you also want to drop your Glyph of Killshot for Glyph of Trueshot Aura. Soooo many ppl on these forums try to dispute that but that's because they don't read other forums or use Femaledwarf.com. Even with the insane base timer of 1.2 minutes in Kill Shot range that Femaledwarf.com gives you, you still come out ahead making the switch. No fight in ICC will see a boss at -20% for a minute or more except Sindragosa and LK and there is enough going on at the end of those fights that you wont be able to strictly focus on the boss. As the ICC Buff increases, your time at -20% gets shorter and shorter making the glyph a waste.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

I wish I had the apparent magic amount of haste that you do. Come 20% its not, which is more or less what I was getting at.
    ---CS----AiS----SS1----SS2----SS3-----SS4-----CS
    10sec--8.5sec--6sec--4.5sec--3sec--1.5sec--off cd
    10sec--8.5sec--5.8sec--4.1sec--2.4sec--0.7sec--(-)0.8sec 15% haste (basic quiver)
    10sec--8.5sec--5.9sec--4.3sec--2.7sec--1.1sec--(-)0.5sec 20% haste (display haste, femaledwarf.com my char)
    10sec--8.5sec--6sec--4.5sec--3sec--1.5sec--off cd 32.55% (effective haste, femaledwarf.com my char)

you only need 25% for ss to be 1.5 and I got 1.3% from gear, so you don't even need haste from gear for it to work on 4 steadies.

thanks for more and more replys, u realy helped me. i sit at 702 arp with gems while using scorpien-bla trinket from forge hero for 100% at proc

so i maybe need to switch my rotation based on that proc, but then they are like always on cd anyway, i dont use glyphs for these so only my mischoices on wich attack to use, or movement, ruins their cd parallelity (lol does that word even exist?^^). what duration is the buff? i guess only under special circumstances would switching these 2 be a minor (!) dps increas

but thats kind of what i was looking for^^

Haste affects SS "cast time" so this is flawed as not everyone will have a 1.5 second cast time on SS, it could be higher depending on gear and buffs (with no buffs my mm hunt alt has a 1.61 second SS cast time) but yes once you get gear that gets you ss cast time down to a 1.5 or lower (which even when its lower its GCD locked so its still effectively a 1.5 second cast time) then this would hold true but dont go around just saying "4x rotation" as if it always true.

Trash thread locked. You can try again if your answers haven't been found. I'll be handing out bans to future thread misdirections.