Cheat Death for Subtlety PvP

Hey :]

So, Cheat Death.. Is it worth it? What's this resillience cap I hear about it, also do you have any storys or situations you wanna tell me about where you just love/hate it?
    ''Argh, I would have OBLITERATED all of those 1v1!''

Re: Cheat Death for Subtlety PvP

Try and specify your Topic a bit, Such as is it in Arena or just random BGs that you are planning on using it? because it can indeed be game breaking in some arena matches from what I've seen, but in BGs it's limited what you want to sacrifice for something you may or may not even use that often (quite gear and playstyle dependant).
    If you live life on the edge...
    Then dont QQ when vanish fails!

Well, I didn't really specify because I want to hear whatever you have to say on it regardless. On my rogue now I do some WPvP (aka hang in stormwind killing allys), and it actually saved me today. But yeah, also doing BGs and gonna do some arena for the wrathful offsets.

Once you hit 900ish resilience it becomes a decent talent. If you're below 800 don't ever bother
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

reckful was playing sub in the recent MLG and cheat death saves him quite nicely in some cases. as kage said unless youve got 900+ resi its not that worth picking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8kj...eature=related

watch from 2:10, recks name plate is on the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Sahand
    reckful was playing sub in the recent MLG and cheat death saves him quite nicely in some cases. as kage said unless youve got 900+ resi its not that worth picking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8kj...eature=related

watch from 2:10, recks name plate is on the left.
    sick

reckful also plays with 1500 resilience so...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

k4ge do you just hate and disapprove of every post?

I'm on 897 and it saved me from a 9k hunter crit so if you're going sub you should take it.

Im sticking with 700-800 resil and im doing fine.

(oh well battlegrounds that is but I dont like arenas)
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

897 is 900ish. So you're in the gear range that K4ge said it starts to be worth it.

been playing with 650 for the last week and it still saved me pretty often. no point in telling people not to take it, it's way better than any other talent down that end of the tree. if you're sub, spec cheat death. easy.

I'm getting around 900 resi today :] Is that when the talent stop decreasing more % of the damage?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

IIRC, the "resilience cap" for Cheat Death is 1061... but can't remember where my source was, so that might be total BS.

With 0 resilience, it will still prevent death... from a single attack. Continuing attacks will, of course, kill you. Depending on your situation, this can either be amazing, or utterly worthless.

Until you get "a decent amount" of resilience, the rest of the talent really doesn't feel like it's working at all. (It is... it's just not helping enough to really FEEL like it.)

Once you get "a decent amount" of resilience, it's a great talent... but only if you're taking sporadic damage or just need that extra second or two for your CDs to come back. If you're getting trained, you'll still die.

My favorite rogue tree is sub (for PvE or PvP). In PvE, it's amusing but not really worth it. In PvE PvP, it's worth the points... but it's not going to be a silver bullet: over the course of a hundred fights (Arena/BG/World/Duels) it'll be useful, but on any given fight it might not help at all.

Edit: Damn those pesky typos...

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    IIRC, the "resilience cap" for Cheat Death is 1061... but can't remember where my source was, so that might be total BS.
    I can confirm that. :P