Thread: My DPS

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

My DPS

Hi.

You must be wondering why I made a post like this, but, its about my dps. I would like to see some creative posts on how people can help me solve this problem, since I dont know where else to go to.

So here goes my Armory Link

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%C3%A1v%C3%A9n

I've got good gear, and I should be able to pull 12k Easy. I even pull it on Dummies.
    But when I go on certain fights, my dps geos to 10 or 9k. Specially Putricide.

My Rotation is Judgement - Divine Storm - Crusader Strike - Consecration and if I have time, Exorcism.
    Although, sometimes, I use whatever comes up first.

Now, referring to the gear. I got three weak parts:

Bracers: 10 man Heroic Valthiria - Upgrade: 25 man heroic Polar Bear Claw Bracers from Lootship 25 Heroic

Hands: Sanctified Tier 10 Hands - Upgrade: Fleshrending Gauntlets 25 heroic from Festergut 25 heroic

Boots: Greaves of the Saronite Citadel Heroic Mode. - Upgrade: Lady Deathwhisper 25 heroic boots Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers

Reason for me not having them, is simply not dropping.

I was going to get Tiny Abomination in a Jar Heroic today, but someone overbidded me.
    I am getting a loot improvement next week, though.

Need 3 more shards for Shadowmourne.

This is how I see it in my eyes.

If you think I'm doing something wrong, please say it.

As I don't want to look like a Wasted Shadowmourner, its not the image I want to show.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Best Regards

Raven

Re: My DPS

First of all - Putricide is a horrible fight for rets. Lots of target switching, building new stacks, running around - you dps will never be high there. I'd say 9/10k on PP is actually quite good.
    Secondly: do you have anyone in your raid who provides 3% haste buff? If not everytime, spec into it. It's also a lot more popular now to spec into Aura Mastery, not Divine Sac.
    Other than that, your gear is incredible. Once you get the upgrades you mentioned, I don't think of anything you should change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rspec
    I've got good gear, and I should be able to pull 12k Easy. I even pull it on Dummies.
    But when I go on certain fights, my dps geos to 10 or 9k. Specially Putricide.
    Really? You mus be using AOE on them; I pull about 12.5-13.5k dps on tank and spank fights but *never* come anywhere near that on a dummy.

Anyway, yeah, as others have mentioned, PP is not a goo fight to judge dps on for melee classes especially. Sounds like you are doing pretty well to be at 9-10k.

15+ Year Old Account

Your best bet to compare DPS to other Melee is with Festergut, as long as you dont have to run out due to RNG Spores.

First of all, thank you for yor constructive answers.

Now for some replies on some of the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Low fps and high latency can hurt your dps, or you might not be catching all your DS procs. Just a few things to ponder.
    I've got about 40 fps and Latency around 90 ms.

More than okay.

Sometimes, I miss DS, and also been unlucky sometimes due to the Flasks on the Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Everafter
    Secondly: do you have anyone in your raid who provides 3% haste buff? If not everytime, spec into it. It's also a lot more popular now to spec into Aura Mastery, not Divine Sac.
    Yes, we have a Frost DK and a Enhancement Shaman all the time. And I have been thinking of dropping Divine Sacrifice for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your best bet to compare DPS to other Melee is with Festergut, as long as you dont have to run out due to RNG Spores.
    Suprisingly, I only had to run out, in Festergut 25 Heroic, Twice due to Spores.

How are you pulling 12k DPS on target dummies? If you aren't approaching the target dummies with the same mentality as you are bosses, you are wasting your time. Standing in the middle of 4 lvl 60 target dummies with Seal of Command active is worthless data. It is impossible for you to pull the same amount of DPS on a dummy that you can pull on a raid boss like Festergut or Saurfang without being in a raid group with every one of your buddies attacking it. Even then, your DPS should be much lower than it is in ICC because you can't replicate the 20% damage buff outside the instance.

What is your latency/FPS like during boss fights during a raid? Are you a spammer? Do you have an online combat log for your guild's raids?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Well you have some interesting gear choices, Maybe you are limited to only plate in your guild I'm not real sure. Many people have said it Putricide is a terrible fight to judge DPS but the Target Dummy DPS is probably because you are on non Boss target dummies and it's giving you numbers like you would see in a Heroic as those numbers match.

To really dig down and tell you I would need to see a DPS Parse from WMO or WOL either would be fine but one of them is going to be required. You could be losing DPS for a number of issues but it all boils down to a few things with Ret. Priority of attacks, Effective CD use, Raid DPS and most of important a Weapon.

I'm not sure why people are telling you to enchant Haste but w/e people are going to do as they see fit since I've seen Rets with a Skillmourne gemming Haste/Str in every yellow socket I'm not surprised someone has advised you to enchant haste. Saurfang is nearly the best fight to judge DPS while yes you can inflate your DPS it's very small amounts and there is far less RNG involved then Festergut/Marrowgar.

Either way get us a combat log parse and we can tell you more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    I'm not sure why people are telling you to enchant Haste but w/e people are going to do as they see fit since I've seen Rets with a Skillmourne gemming Haste/Str in every yellow socket I'm not surprised someone has advised you to enchant haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Just to expound a bit. The first link is your cloak enchant with full raid buffs and the proper rotation. The second is mine. Now, I understand that we are looking at a difference of just a few DPS, but consider that 3-4 DPS is 10% of the overall value of the cloak enchant.

EDIT: You are also losing 2.47 DPS by using a less than optimal gem in your cloak.

Yes, we have a Frost DK and a Enhancement Shaman all the time. And I have been thinking of dropping Divine Sacrifice for some time now.
    Balance Druids and other Ret Paladins provide 3% raid haste, not Frost DK's / Enhance Shamans.

You have no moonkin in your raid group and you aren't spec'd into Swift Retribution. As such, you are costing your entire raid a 3% stacking haste buff and you are failing to provide the utility that a ret is brought in for.

I can't for the life of me identify what you are trying to do with your spec. Divine Sacrifice without Divine Guardian is worthless. 5 points in Divinity should honestly cost you your raid spot because it is just that bad. The single point in Stoicism is another head-scratcher.

So I found your worldoflogs page and I was breaking it down. During your Deathbringer Saurfang fight, you bubbled for some reason and never removed the Divine Shield buff. Dealing 50% damage for 12 seconds in a fight that lasted you 3.5 minutes is a pretty significant DPS loss. I only use Divine Shield to remove a debuff and by pressing it a second time, I am removing the Divine Shield buff. Standing inside your bubble for the full duration is like MS'ing your DPS. It just doesn't make any sense. I am sure that I will find other things. I just need a little more time.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/37o55...um/damageDone/

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You have no moonkin in your raid group and you aren't spec'd into Swift Retribution. As such, you are costing your entire raid a 3% stacking haste buff and you are failing to provide the utility that a ret is brought in for.

I can't for the life of me identify what you are trying to do with your spec. Divine Sacrifice without Divine Guardian is worthless. 5 points in Divinity should honestly cost you your raid spot because it is just that bad. The single point in Stoicism is another head-scratcher.

So I found your worldoflogs page and I was breaking it down. During your Deathbringer Saurfang fight, you bubbled for some reason and never removed the Divine Shield debuff. Dealing 50% damage for 12 seconds in a fight that lasted you 3.5 minutes is a pretty significant DPS loss. I only use Divine Shield to remove a debuff and by pressing it a second time, I am removing the Divine Shield buff. Standing inside your bubble for the full duration is like MS'ing your DPS. It just doesn't make any sense. I am sure that I will find other things. I just need a little more time.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/37o55...um/damageDone/
    prentice be nice, he's 3 shards away from shadowmorune.

btw i quoted the whole thing because i think it's worth reading again
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Another pro tip if you are still reading this. Tell your DK to actually use his Horn of Winter during the fight. You have a whopping 15.4% uptime on that buff. I don't know about you, but I am pretty certain the the melee that I party with really like to have an extra 200 Str and 200 Agi for the entire fight. FFS, the fight only lasted 3:07. He would have only had to do it once before the pull and once in the middle.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

My post seems to have been eaten by my internet connection.

Essentially it was: Spec into Swift Retribution and don't judge DPS by a target dummy. Use simulations or spreadsheets instead.

Everything Prentice said in the post above is worth listening to.

Digging through logs is fun. Blood Queen.... nom nom.

The list below represent the members of your raid that should never EVER be bitten again.
    -Ghaan (27.6 seconds of the buff and you out-DPS'd him by 111 DPS)
    -Croniic (37.2 seconds of the buff and you out-DPS'd him by 545 DPS)
    -Drumans (30.5 seconds of the buff and you out-DPS'd him by 2900 DPS)
    -Oxidizer (99 seconds of the buff and he only beat you by 1300 DPS)

Why are you providing the Vindication debuff when your prot pally is spec'd into it as well? It seems as though your guild's officers need to sit down and straighten out their buffs/debuffs because this should never been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    I'm pretty terrible at WoL but... there was an enhancement shaman there... perhaps he was using Strength of Earth totem?
    It's possible that WoL doesn't recognize the totem. Dunno on that one. On BQL, Horn of Winter was only up for the casting DK for 60% of the fight. Perhaps WoL doesn't like that buff at all because it shows the shaman and Raven with a very low uptime on that buff.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

What version of Rawr are you using I don't see this huge increase that you are showing, Better yet are you looking at his profile in Rawr or yours?

Back to the OP Question, So I dug through WOL to find a Parse I'd suggest when asking for Help always link Parses they give us so much useful information.

Now the following is your effective cooldowns on your abilities, What this tells us is how much priority you put on an ability and how on the ball you are with spamming said abilities. Now the fight time for Deathbringer Saurfang 25H (03:31) or 211 Seconds.

Judgement - 24 - 8.79
    Divine Storm - 44 - 4.79
    Crusader Strike - 37 - 5.70
    Consecration - 26.2 - 8.05
    Exorcism - 10 - 21.1

Based on your ECD use I would say your low DPS has solely to do with Raid DPS and other members not pulling their weight, Hence the DK not using Horn and the fact there is no 3% Haste buff in the raid parses either. Overall it just means whoever lead the raids could be doing a better job putting them together and people who are lazy doing their job could easily up your overall RDPS.

Anyway here is a small breakdown of lazy RDPS.

9 People using 1 speed pot, with a possible 17 people that could use them 16 if you count the Warrior should be pre potting indestructible and not speed. Pre potting before the pull and potting during the kill, 34 possible speed pots being used for 1 fight but instead you have 9 people using 1 each.

These small things make a huge difference in overall RDPS and as long as your raid is lazy about DPS you will most likely never see higher DPS than you are pulling.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account

What version of Rawr are you using I don't see this huge increase that you are showing, Better yet are you looking at his profile in Rawr or yours?
    As Prentice, it was his post and his RAWR.

The screenshots that I provided for the DPS output of the different cloak enchants used the following settings:

Full raid buffs minus Focus/Amp Magic
    Pre-pot Speed
    40Str food (not fish feast)
    20% ICC buff
    60 minute fight duration
    Undead target
    Rotation = J, DS, CS, HoW, Cons, Exo
    Delay and Wait set to .2 as previously suggested by EJ

Version was Rawr 2.3.18

15+ Year Old Account

See I find it very very odd that our numbers can be so far off using the same exact version of Rawr.

These are based on my profile, I have 527 Haste and Innocense you have 511 Haste I find it incredibly hard to believe that the stats between 511 and 527 Warrants a 23 Haste enchant and has figures so far off. Definitely something I need to put some more research into I find that oddly confusing and nothing better to do with my time since Raiding is now a 1 day job.

I also find this very interesting as well.

This as you can see if using 1 Speed pot only.

This is using the double pot pre pot trick, So obviously there are some interesting values here could just be a bug in Rawr either way probably not the thread to start breaking it down in but a interesting value none the less.

9 People using 1 speed pot, with a possible 17 people that could use them 16 if you count the Warrior should be pre potting indestructible and not speed. Pre potting before the pull and potting during the kill, 34 possible speed pots being used for 1 fight but instead you have 9 people using 1 each.
    World of Logs only keep track of actual combat with bosses so they dont track pre-potting... And jesus christ - so many slackers, *facepalm*

Also, i keep down S&E throughout the whole duration unless i die, so im sure the low uptime on horn of winter is simply a bug caused from my totem overlapping it..

Last thing; if its from this week i think the reason people slacked, and we were missing a few buffs, might be caused by it being a week we spend doing achievements people wanted so they could get their 25M mount.

15+ Year Old Account

Check your back logs, between 7-10 people using speed pots. No idea if they are pre potting but I would be pretty amazed if they all are.