Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cant kill healers in arena - DK

Do not really understand why DK'S have such little damage output. My stats are all right, spell pen at cap, hit rating at 5% pretty decent gear but my burst damage on a healer is pretty little. Im seeing SS's crit for 2 to 2.5k MAX and druids hot just heal right through the damage when they are stunned or whatever. Anyone else having this problem?

Re: Cant kill healers in arena - DK

druids and paladins are bitches, if you can time your interupt, ghoul stun + strangulate, a priest a shaman should go down, esspecially if you have gargoyle + empower rune wep rdy

10+ Year Old Account

I time up all my stuns and my holy pallies stuns but it does not seem to be enough at times. I just gave up on a 30 minute fight against a resto druid / arms warrior because the druid could HoT up and be fine, I mean I have gotten them low multiple times but that is where my burst falls short.

2s is broken. Find an hunter and do 3s. You're back at being perfectly viable.

10+ Year Old Account

Would like to advance more in 2s, only at 1600 right now and looking to get close to 2k but this damage output is not right from DKs.

DKs are no longer a burst class. They are very good at keeping constant pressure on targets, especially if you can keep your diseases ticking. However, you need someone else to land that big one to take them down. Also, DKs don't have any healing reduction attacks, so that is a disadvantage. My suggestion is to run with a more offensive healer. Get a Disc priest who can give the druid a headache with a few extra DoTs or mana burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza
    Would like to advance more in 2s, only at 1600 right now and looking to get close to 2k but this damage output is not right from DKs.
    Currently healers are far too durable and have an infinite mana pool for any non-ms class to be able to down them in an Arena setting, hell paladins and resto druids don't even care much about MS classes either.

Maybe you should try running double DPS, had a friend running DK/Rogue in the 1900s. Otherwise idk, 2s doesn't give any meaningfull rewards for a reason. Its completly broken.

dks are just bad at 2s. ive seen alot of dks that are 2k in 5s and 3s and barely 1800 if that in 2s.

10+ Year Old Account

Alright thanks for the advice, ill see if I can throw a 3s team together and maybe play 2s for extra AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    Currently healers are far too durable and have an infinite mana pool for any non-ms class to be able to down them in an Arena setting, hell paladins and resto druids don't even care much about MS classes either.

Maybe you should try running double DPS, had a friend running DK/Rogue in the 1900s. Otherwise idk, 2s doesn't give any meaningfull rewards for a reason. Its completly broken.
    yeah seriously, i'm a casual arena player but rogue + just about anything = win, they can sap before you enter combat which basically makes 2v2, 2v1. The other teams partner either has to eat the sap, or trinket it and then eat a full blind

prolly cuz unholy's "the facerollers way to go".. no control'd/ondemand burst just put pet and gargoyle and /afk.. thats why u cant kill em as unholy =) im havein no problem killin em on my frost DK =D (druids are ofc a bitch and will always be for ALL classes..)

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I was frost but unholy has the increased disease damage, unholy blight, gargoyle and a ghoul stun. Not the mention the fact of an anti magic zone and other goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Widget
    prolly cuz unholy's "the facerollers way to go".. no control'd/ondemand burst just put pet and gargoyle and /afk.. thats why u cant kill em as unholy =) im havein no problem killin em on my frost DK =D (druids are ofc a bitch and will always be for ALL classes..)
    Let me see that awesome armory you have for your no problems frost pvp.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

2s is broken. Find an hunter and do 3s. You're back at being perfectly viable.
    Pretty much what this guy said. DKs can do some pretty sick things when wll their CDs are used at once, and adding another class with strong CDs and an MS effect was just too OP in 3v3, that's why they got nerfed (I think everyone here that has done arena for the entire wotlk remember when TSG and DKHP were hella OP).

EDIT: Though, I agree that DKs are a bit too weak atm. They should be buffed in some way that doesn't make them stronger when all CDs are used at once. Reduce the CD of some of the CDs maybe?

Frost PvP is pretty viable atm. Maybe not as good as Unholy for 3s/5s but i could see it work for 2s. Its a special spec tho based mostly on Obliterate, you pretty much ignore the ''magic'' portion of Frost to get some key PvP talents in Unholy.

Example : http://us.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....00100000000000

(the build isn't perfect, you could switch around some points to your liking, its just a rough idea). Frost has some quite good burst and control so i could see it work in 2s.

Maybe worth a try imo.

10+ Year Old Account

I was frost for 2s for a bit I have seen the spec but unholy seems to have more uses and more practical in the sense of unholy blight.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza
    I was frost for 2s for a bit I have seen the spec but unholy seems to have more uses and more practical in the sense of unholy blight.
    The build i linked you has Desecration, Master of Ghouls and Unholy blight. And doesn't use frost strike as his Runic Power dump but Death Coil.

15+ Year Old Account

i think your problem is that you're handling the druid the wrong way.
    the only way to stop resto druids is to hard-switch on them non-stop, possibly training their teammate first, waiting for mass HoT application, then immediately hardCD burst switch to the resto druid. it's not probable that the druid can survive burst from a healer and a DK, especially if you have all your stuns available.

a resto druid is hard-pressed for GCDs in moments of pressure and most likely can't move effectively, fill himself full of hots and his teammate simultaneously. consider that a GCD spent for a direct heal is stronger because that heal heals in a burst. GCDs spent on hots can be bursted through much more easily.

your partner, if it's a healer, will need to know when to help burst or CC. also, practice blanket silencing. i believe strangulate is a hard-silence that silences you no matter what, so if you get the druid in a vulnerable position and he tries to hot up, strangulate and prevent the hotting.

not an expert on dk's but been playing rsham/dk in 2s at like 2.3+ rating or so.. just made a fast read in your post and didnt get much info from it..
    anyway if we would be playing against a dps/healer , we start on the dps , get disease up on the healer while ure sitting on the dps, 90% of the healers wont even notice their health dropping while we got focus on the dps , make a swap for the healer with stuns/strang etc , and make sure ure partner assist u whatever he can provide with.

10+ Year Old Account

The build i linked you has Desecration, Master of Ghouls and Unholy blight. And doesn't use frost strike as his Runic Power dump but Death Coil.
    Frost strike is to valuable to pass up since it would ignore resistances at spell pen cap of 135.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos
    i think your problem is that you're handling the druid the wrong way.
    the only way to stop resto druids is to hard-switch on them non-stop, possibly training their teammate first, waiting for mass HoT application, then immediately hardCD burst switch to the resto druid. it's not probable that the druid can survive burst from a healer and a DK, especially if you have all your stuns available.

a resto druid is hard-pressed for GCDs in moments of pressure and most likely can't move effectively, fill himself full of hots and his teammate simultaneously. consider that a GCD spent for a direct heal is stronger because that heal heals in a burst. GCDs spent on hots can be bursted through much more easily.

your partner, if it's a healer, will need to know when to help burst or CC. also, practice blanket silencing. i believe strangulate is a hard-silence that silences you no matter what, so if you get the druid in a vulnerable position and he tries to hot up, strangulate and prevent the hotting.
    Seemed like some good information there that I will have to give a try.

Step 1.
    Disband 2v2 team.
    Step 2.
    Get Proper Warrior (Preferably with ilvl 277 weapon and DBW)
    Step 3.
    Get Proper Paladin.
    Step 4.
    Spec Unholy.
    Step 5.
    Create 3v3 team with yourself and those 2 players mentioned above.
    Step 6.
    Enter arena.
    Step 7.
    Target Healer
    Step 8
    Strangulate+ Bladestorm - Gratz you have reached Skill Cap as that Setup.
    Step 9
    Finish rest of team.
    Step 10.
    Keep doing steps from 6 to 9 till you get high rating

Enjoy :>
    (Nope I"m not trolling/joking that how that setup is working till 2k )

And Well if you really want to play DK in 2v2

Get Holy Paladin (For dispells)
    Stay on healer, Rotate:
    Mind Frezze, Strangulate, Mind Freeze, Hammer Mind Frezze, Ghoul stun, Mind Freeze, Grip.
    If executed properly helaer cannot finish 8 cast