High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

the new World of Warcraft

I have been reading the wow suggestions forum heavily the past few days and get the impression that most players on there now want World of Warcraft to be get an 80, spend a day or two maximum getting geared (anymore time than that is boring and not fun), then jump feet first into the current end game content. Nearly every suggestion is how to make something easier, faster, or both it seems to me.

A player can level from 15-80 by sitting in Dalaran with random bgs and LFD features. On my realm, I notice many players with no professions leveled what so ever. They play the game to raid the end game content while greifing everyone else in trade chat while waiting to be teleported to something fun.

Am I wrong in thinking WoW is moving away from their MMORPG roots where the focus of the game is to develop your character, socialize/ make gaming friends and that the reward is in the journey NOT that shiny new epic from heroic lootship?

I miss the days of vanilla wow where I anxiously logged in each night to explore, have adventures and laugh with my gaming buds. I have played since early 2006 and have never been an elite raider. The game has been about the social aspect and fun times far more than for the phat loots.

I am not attempting to insult anyone for the way they wish to play this game and understand Activision/ Blizzard is a corporation so they focus on profits and nothing more. I am only feeling homesick for the joy this game once held for me and wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Deleted

Re: the new World of Warcraft

u need to be 15 for LFD ;D

Deleted

Reason why i've quit back in January ;x

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chozen
    u need to be 15 for LFD ;D
    I am not posting to ignite the flame wars, that is reserved for the wow forums. I am only wondering how other players feel about the direction this game has taken since WotLK. I do know it was a solid business move because of all the Mohawk Grenade commercials on the History Channel yesterday. :

I am just being nostalgic I guess ...

10+ Year Old Account

I see a lot of that too mostly in-game though. People complaining that new player who just hit level 80's gear is bad and its slowing them down in a random so they can get their frost and new 251 gear...Always in a hurry.

Face it - you won't get ur vanilla days back. That's not WoW or Blizzard error - it's just human.

When I started with Ragnarok Online a long time ago, it was new, nice, new things to explore - just imba. I started with the alpha, played the beta ... and then came the beta 2 with awesome new feartures that made the game way more complicated and big. It was nice, but the old feeling didn't come back.

Same here. Not to long ago I played a pala from 1-80. It was still fun. I did random BG, random LFG and did some quests. But nothing like my first days in WoW. I started as a hunter, didnt know what to do, how to skill - meet some nice ppl at silvermoon I was questing with etc. pp. Everything was new and nice.

Well - you can't lvl faster then back then, but YOU changed more then the game. You play "better", you know where to go and what to do, got an assload of addons, have read the forums how to skill etc.

AND we're already into the second addon. Most ppl play at dalaran, outer world and azeroth are almost empty (in the old regions). Nothing we can change

And when you meet someone new, it's usually a twink or something like that. Really NEW player are way less.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5