Poll: iPhone 4 has been annoucned, will you be upgrading?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: iPhone 4, will you be upgrading?

An iPhone here has the price tag of a decent self-assembled PC for most people, and an iPad is twice that price. So no lol, I dont have that much spare money. Better stick with my good old Nokia phone and will make a switch to one using Android when mine becomes unusable ... which means not in the near future.

And btw, can anyone tell me what exactly the iPad is for? I played with my friend's for awhile but still dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas
    And btw, can anyone tell me what exactly the iPad is for? I played with my friend's for awhile but still dont get it.
    Facebook, YouTube and watching movies in train/plane. Jobbs is just tying people in to iTunes with their proprietary shit, that's the whole dirty secret and the whole point of iPad. It can't be used for anything serious as long as it doesn't support user switching and data sync without the iTunes shit.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Say what you want about apple, (and even I have a LOT of things to say about those guys)

The iphone was and still is a huge success

and yeah - was waiting to buy an iphone and I'm gonna buy the iphone4 now
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

15+ Year Old Account

Will grab some demonstration model for 200e like I did with 3GS 32gb.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes I will put away my cellphone+ipod touch combo in favor of the iphone 4. Probably. Depends on how much a month they need to suck out of me. Looking like there will be some OK prices though since, at least in my country, all carriers that wants to will be able to sell the iphone instead of just one carrier being able to set the price.

It seems to beat the HTC HD2, so yes I guess I'll be getting one. Not a fanboy of anyone, but if you ever dealt with an iPhone you know it's not about the specs, it's about the user experience.
    I have used almost every smartphone/ppc OS to date, and I have to say iPhones win when it comes to UI and simplicity, while managing to look better too.
    I just wish Apple tones down the price to match the specs, that'll make them truly competitive not just cater to the elite.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    It seems to beat the HTC HD2, so yes I guess I'll be getting one. Not a fanboy of anyone, but if you ever dealt with an iPhone you know it's not about the specs, it's about the user experience.
    I have used almost every smartphone/ppc OS to date, and I have to say iPhones win when it comes to UI and simplicity, while managing to look better too.
    I just wish Apple tones down the price to match the specs, that'll make them truly competitive not just cater to the elite.
    I don't know about anyone else, but without true multi-tasking there is no user experience for me. Basically, they need to stop treating their customers like morons, even though that's probably the safest treatment. They know that people are too stupid to close apps and then they'll complain that the phone is running too slow. The problem is: You don't gimp your entire platform because of morons.

Even in iOS 4 (really, iOS? that's the best they could do?), "multi-tasking" is a modified state suspend. If I have a weather app, maybe it'll be able to pull new weather data in the background. If I'm playing, for instance, a poker game and switch to another app, the computer players aren't going to continue without me. The true essence of multi-tasking, "let me do something else while this program finishes something I don't want to watch", is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas

DERP