Deleted

ToTT and threat transfer canceling

So today one of my raidbuddies told me there's a way to cancel the tricks threat transfer but keep up the 15% dmg buff.
    As I am for now the only rogue in our raid, there's no other rogue to trade tricks with which leads me to the problem that I should trade tricks with someone who's capable of good dps and not being a caster due to range issues. So our fury warriors are the only option.

anyway I changed my tricks macro in something like this:

/target [playername]
    /cast tricks
    /cancelaura tricks
    /targetlasttarget

sort of ... after checking the log I found the tricks buff being there 2 times. One time it has a duration of 1.5 seconds which makes sense as I used to double hit the macro to cancel the aura at once. the second tricks buffs showed an uptime of 40 seconds. Now I'm not sure whether the whole test was successful and moreover I found another weird looking macro of which I don't even know what exactly the commands are about but anyway, long story short: Anyone around who knows a successful way to make this work properly? Maybe my method was okay but after looking at the macro from EJ.com I doubt it ...

I just wanna trade tricks with one of our fury warriors without boosting him above the tank in omen meters

Re: ToTT and threat transfer canceling

well one thing is your targeting is a little excessive you could simply do
    /cast[target=playername] tricks

this way it wont change who you are targeting and still apply it to the warrior. you can change it up a little to and put in a sequence or a modifier incase you need to boost tank threat also the threat does not begin to be transfered till your next damaging attack so it would be best to put the /canceaura first like so
    /cancelaura tricks
    /cast[target=playername] tricks

the first press would activate it without canceling it out immediately and then 2nd click would remove the buff it could be that for the first one the cancelaura came before you landed an attack and the 2nd tricks you landed an attack before it computed the cancelaura

hope it helps

/script local p="player" for i=1,40 do local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,u,_,_,s=UnitBuff(p,i) if u==p and s==59628 then CancelUnitBuff(p,i) break end end
    /cast [target=playername] Tricks of the Trade

I personally like:

/cast [target=mouseover] Tricks of the Trade

because I change the target whenever I want and never have to de-target the boss/add. You just have to bind the macro to a key.

ew only 1 rogue in raid that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik
    /script local p="player" for i=1,40 do local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,u,_,_,s=UnitBuff(p,i) if u==p and s==59628 then CancelUnitBuff(p,i) break end end
    /cast [target=playername] Tricks of the Trade

I personally like:

because I change the target whenever I want and never have to de-target the boss/add. You just have to bind the macro to a key.
    I would suggest changing the macro so that you dont have to press it twice:

/in 1 /script local p="player" for i=1,40 do local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,u,_,_,s=UnitBuff(p,i) if u==p and s==59628 then CancelUnitBuff(p,i) break end end

I don't remember if /in can run the /script , ill try today and post again if not.
    Basically you trix your mouseover target and in 1 second run the script to find the ToTT threat buff on yourself and cancel it.
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

Quote Originally Posted by n0point
    I would suggest changing the macro so that you dont have to press it twice:

/in 1 /script local p="player" for i=1,40 do local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,u,_,_,s=UnitBuff(p,i) if u==p and s==59628 then CancelUnitBuff(p,i) break end end

I don't remember if /in can run the /script , ill try today and post again if not.
    Basically you trix your mouseover target and in 1 second run the script to find the ToTT threat buff on yourself and cancel it.
    EDIT: /in commands only work if you have the Ace library.

You can also use

/run local p="player" for i=1,40 do if(select(11,UnitBuff(p,i))==59628)then CancelUnitBuff(p,i)end end

which does the same as the original /script, this is just cleaner. And yes, unless you use the /in command no matter how you order it, you'll have to click it twice which isn't a terrible thing. You MUST put the /script or /run line before the /cast command otherwise the script wont go off.

I thought they fixed this a patch or two ago so if you cancel the aura it cancels the damage bonus.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Invaalid
    ew only 1 rogue in raid that sucks
    Good for loot though!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh
    I thought they fixed this a patch or two ago so if you cancel the aura it cancels the damage bonus.
    Nope, I give it to a mage on opening pulls when all the rogues are in, and he confirmed he gets the bonus without the threat transfer. The buff you get as a rogue transfers the threat, and the buff your target gets gives the damage bonus. As long as they don't cancelaura, you're golden.

Oh well I'm usually trying to get the mages gacked anyways >:3
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

At the start mages pop Mirror Images and can't aggro anyway sad to say =p

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Nope, I give it to a mage on opening pulls when all the rogues are in, and he confirmed he gets the bonus without the threat transfer. The buff you get as a rogue transfers the threat, and the buff your target gets gives the damage bonus. As long as they don't cancelaura, you're golden.
    Is the mage popping mirror images when you do this?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on ToTT also since I don't play a rogue, but I thought they got rid of the ability to cancel the aura. I know on my warrior I get tricks all the time being the tank and I haven't seen the tricks aura buff to click of in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla

You'll have to forgive my ignorance on ToTT also since I don't play a rogue, but I thought they got rid of the ability to cancel the aura. I know on my warrior I get tricks all the time being the tank and I haven't seen the tricks aura buff to click of in ages.
    That's not quite how it works, though. To quote Annoying:

I know this, as I see no noticeable extra aggro the few times I manage to bribe a Rogue into giving me Tricks for Shadow Word: Pain.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla

I give tricks to him to ensure the first bite goes to him on BQL, and he doesn't pop mirror images or any CDs until the bite goes out to maximize CD damage.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I give tricks to him to ensure the first bite goes to him on BQL, and he doesn't pop mirror images or any CDs until the bite goes out to maximize CD damage.
    Gotcha. Makes perfect sense.