Rogue - PvP gear and arena tips

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rne&cn=Taliron

Was wondering what gear I should be going for to go arena and what gems/enchants to use. Also any general tips on arena as I'm new to it and new to gemming and stuff at 80.

3 WG marks of the WG trinket

Re: Rogue - PvP gear and arena tips

For general strats and such check out arenajunkies. You will want to basically gem AP in every socket except your nightmare tear. I say basically because the exception is that you need 5% hit, and if you can't get it straight from gear, you will need to gem for it. AP or AP/Crit enchants where available, zerker MH, weapon chain OH. I use resil to chest, not sure if people use stats or hp or not.

I see you have stam on some gems, maybe you are doing this because you are undergeared and thus squishy? While this is true, its a double edged sword since you are in even greater need of dps stats because you are undergeared and geming for survivability lowers dps stats.

If you have any arena points atm, use them to buy relentless pieces for the 2 slots you don't have pvp gear for. Except trinkets, you either want to use wrathful for all slots, or well itemized pve gear of equal or higher ilvl. Both of your trinkets are kinda bad (I'm assuming you dont have better yet though), try to get a Death's Choice from ToC and pair that with a pvp trinket.

You say that you are going to get the WG trinket, which isnt bad but keep in mind that its a really really low ilvl. If you can get into an ICC pug and get one of the nice hit/crit items, you can use that with the resil pvp trinket for a combination with higher resil and dps stats. If you can get relentless+ helm and chest (i think those are the 2 slots) then the WG shoulders are a worthwhile upgrade to your furious.

Enchants:
    AP/resil on head and shoulders.
    AP on bracers, hands, and feet.
    AP/stam on legs
    Shadow armor to cloak
    10 stats to chest

Gems:
    21 agi 3% crit damage meta
    1 nightmare tear in blue pants socket
    rest 40 ap gems.

Advice:
    Don't mindlessly spam mutilate/envenom all the time. Pool up your energy and unload in bursts. This has more killing potential and if you line it up with tricks/your partners burst, you'll have an easy time.

if you don't wear a lot of pve gear you can also go for ap/crit on head/shoulders

what's also worth considering is using the 42ap, 10% stunreduce meta.

also if you wear a lot of pve gear you may want to go with 20ap/10res in yellow sockets if the bonus is nice
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    Advice:
    Don't mindlessly spam mutilate/envenom all the time. Pool up your energy and unload in bursts. This has more killing potential and if you line it up with tricks/your partners burst, you'll have an easy time.
    ^^ Does that really work? I assumed that the pause while you were pooling energy would give the other player the advantage, but it works for you, huh?

Quick question, been getting into pvp more recently but wondering whether it is a good idea to open on warriors with Garrote>Disarm>Rupture and then go into stuns, just to get a good damaging start on them, and from then just rotating evasion and vanish/stuns?

Quote Originally Posted by Quimbythemouse
    ^^ Does that really work? I assumed that the pause while you were pooling energy would give the other player the advantage, but it works for you, huh?

Quick question, been getting into pvp more recently but wondering whether it is a good idea to open on warriors with Garrote>Disarm>Rupture and then go into stuns, just to get a good damaging start on them, and from then just rotating evasion and vanish/stuns?
    For the pooling energy, it depends. No you shouldnt always pool and unload. If they are low and you are looking for a kill, letting up probably isn't a good idea. But thats not what he is saying. For example, if you are getting ready for a hard swap you will want to pool energy first because you are hoping to quickly swap targets and explode its remaining health. Or if you see your target get fully topped off, pool for a bit while the healer is spamming heals so when he is cc'd again you can go for a burst. For example, in 3s its basically impossible to take down a player from 100% health with an uncc'd paly spamming heals, whatever you do will instantly be healed, just wait a sec while he gets cc'd and unload.

Also I wouldn't garotte a warrior. Generally you want to control them and burn them because having them hit things with their 2h is not a good idea. You also don't want to just burn disarm. You save it for preventing a shield wall or disarming a blade storm (or in an emergency to save some one). And also as mut, I dont rupture anything but rogues usually because its far far less damage than an envenom.