Raiding as a BM Hunter/ Rotations to Maximise DPS?

I have been around since vanilla when MC, 40 man Naxxx and the Opening of AQ was happening. at that time I was BM and raiding as a BM hunter. Even when Burning Crusade came out i was a BM hunter. Now that WOTLK is out and Cataclysm is coming soon, I know there are some BM hunters that raid. I would like to know what the best BM Hunter Talent Build for raiding, Glyphs that go with it and shot rotations for the BM hunter are. I am BM/Surv Dual specced.
    Also, I am trying to maximize my DPS output for Survival, Can someone assist in letting me know what the rotation is. I use glyph of explosive shot, Kill shot and Serpent Sting. My opening rotation is:Kill command, Explosive shot, black arrow, serpent sting, Aim shot and steady shot as the filler. when Lock and load procs I use Explosive shot 3 times. rinse and repeat. For some ungodly reason i see alot of postings that kill shot is the opening shot, when kill shot is only used when the targets health falls below 35% and an attempt to kill the target off with the round.

Here is my Armory page:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...e+and+Violence

Re: Raiding as a BM Hunter/ Rotations to Maximise DPS?

Thanks for the info, Yes when i referncing the Survival rotation, if you looked at my title on the post it was for maximising DPS. The BM information is great. Ill take a look at it more. but just like i was stating earlier. Kill shot cannot be used as an opening shot. Unless they are refering to as Kill command.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke
    lol?

You are survival if you are using explosive shot/black arrow.

If you really are that clueless, try this : http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t52682-r..._3_3_3_beyond/
    He said he is Survival too, and asking for help to maximise dps for survival too u tard, l2read

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Illiyas
    Thanks for the info, Yes when i referncing the Survival rotation, if you looked at my title on the post it was for maximising DPS. The BM information is great. Ill take a look at it more. but just like i was stating earlier. Kill shot cannot be used as an opening shot. Unless they are refering to as Kill command.
    You don't use kill shot as an opener because the bosses health will generally prevent you from doing so When you see lists such as 'Kill shot > Explosive shot > Black Arrow etc etc', it simply means give priory in your rotation to kill shot. So if you can use kill shot and both kill shot and explosive shot are coming off cooldown, use the kill shot first.

But for information on raiding, I would also advise reading up on the guides posted on Elitest Jerks, people on there generally read posts before mocking the guy who wrote it... Unlike Mr Dhryke.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Unlike Mr Dhryke.
    Post modified after my post. I answered his question at the time. I can read and did. I suppose I could have fixed mine after he fixed his, but....ah well.

Thanks for the help. Unlike the person who decided he couldnt read, I am always seeking to improve my Hunter. I Looked at the BM spec EJ has. Its the standard raid spec. I also talked to a BM hunter that raids(little to non-existent on A52). He gave me a spec that will work. The only problem with it is that Endurance doesnt work at all and Aimed shot is not specced. So to work Aim shot in, I respecced it so that i have 3 in Imp tracking and put that one point in. Also i readded the 2/2 in revive pet and Imp AOTM. I will have to change 1 glyph to meet the raiding spec. This is what the final spec for BM should like for me. Let me know if it looks alright:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cxdMzx...0eVooZh:fibM0z

Aimed shot, AotM, and, honestly, catlike reflexes (for the most part) aren't DPS increases. Moving a point into endurance training and spirit bond will help people keep you and your pet alive, which is why people choose those talents. Otherwise, points into improved tracking may be better than mortal shots, checking fmd is your best bet at that point.

How is your mana in raids? If you EVER have to use aspect of the viper, a point or two in invigoration will help your DPS massively.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#ctbMzx...t0ecoZx:fibM0z
    This was the spec that was best for me for a long time, although my gear has changed a lot since then.

Thanks for the help. Unlike the person who decided he couldnt read, I am always seeking to improve my Hunter. I Looked at the BM spec EJ has. Its the standard raid spec. I also talked to a BM hunter that raids(little to non-existent on A52). He gave me a spec that will work. The only problem with it is that Endurance doesnt work at all and Aimed shot is not specced. So to work Aim shot in, I respecced it so that i have 3 in Imp tracking and put that one point in. Also i readded the 2/2 in revive pet and Imp AOTM. I will have to change 1 glyph to meet the raiding spec. This is what the final spec for BM should like for me. Let me know if it looks alright:

Seems like you got all the important stuff. Never seen someone go with Imp AOTM, but it's about as useful as the other talents there to get to the next tier.

Come back and post some numbers after you get a raid under your belt with the new spec. I'm curious and might pick up a BM spec, so I can pull out my Spirit Beasts on farm bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke
    Seems like you got all the important stuff. Never seen someone go with Imp AOTM, but it's about as useful as the other talents there to get to the next tier.

Come back and post some numbers after you get a raid under your belt with the new spec. I'm curious and might pick up a BM spec, so I can pull out my Spirit Beasts on farm bosses.
    it is supposedly the lowest dps spec on the totem pole as far as potential goes but if you're good, you won't stick out like a sore thumb

with the 20% icc buff, bm is 100% fine on any normal mode, if not, you're carrying your guild

I like Catlike Reflexes simply for the more Kill Commands.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#ctbMzx...t0ecoZx:fibM0z
    This was the spec that was best for me for a long time, although my gear has changed a lot since then.
    Yes your spec is very similar, if not the same, as the one I used while experimenting a while back. If we weren't doing HMs tonight I would love to give this a whirl.

First of all, you edited your post. I was going to reply with the same thing. So cut the shit about people not reading.

Second of all, what is your goal? To be the best beast hunter (which is literally thousands of DPS lower than marks/sv at the same gearpoint)?

10 man? 25 man? What buffs do you have in the raid?

You're asking a question in a vacuum here, that can only be answered within the context of your specific setup. In terms of the "generally best BM spec" what that means is highest dps done in a patchwerk style fight, which is the spec shown in the EJ thread. Which, ironically, is not where beast does best.

BM will come out very slightly ahead on those rare fights where positioning makes people unable to dps but pets still able to: sindragosa, lk.

I'm sure you're already aware of how annoying the size of the pet gets - stock up on buffs if possible - and all the sounds you and the pet will be spamming the raid with.

Now to regard your latest spec:

this link will show all of the highest BM dps recorded by wmo...
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c...ps/hnt/9/0/3/3

as you can see, BM hunters have random specs. You might want invigorate for extra mana if you run low, over 1% more dps because that might mean more over the course of a fight if you don't have to viper.

You might not want aimed shot at all, and just grab more dam %.

There is no "right answer" (though most would say the right answer is to not raid BM).

First of all, you edited your post. I was going to reply with the same thing. So cut the shit about people not reading.
    See!!! I'm not a meanie or do I need to "L2read". I simply answered the question asked.

@ Frott - ;D

For BM the devilsaur is actually the top dps pet, also the stat that you want is armor pen much like marksman, because if im correct armor pen scales and literally just about all your damage comes from steady and multi (speccing into aimed is a waste of dps), arcane shot is used at low levels of armor pen but it is a dps downgrade after you get enough of it. The spec is easy enough look up Elitist jerks for it and for glyphs, bestial wrath, serpent sting, and steady shot are what im thinking are the best.

Everyone has great information. I know that Arp is used for BM and MM (according to Raiding as BM in 3.3 and beyond in EJ). I guess there is no specific raid BM talent for the BM tree. The reason why I put 1 in Imp AOTM is for Kiting when hunters are needed in ICC like Putricide or Rotface. But I will keep looking in the the BM talents. as far as survival goes. Thats what i been raiding with since I dont have a set BM spec to use. Thank you all for trying to help me out on the BM set.