Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why do you think Cataclysm will be better than Wotlk??

I love northern flora and viking culture and imo Scourge is a more interesting enemy faction than Twilight's Hammer. Also I liked Ulduar's style, whereas I don't like Egyptian architecture that will heavily inspire Uldum. Arthas is one of my favorite villains of all time as well, though Deathwing is pretty awesome too.

Why I still think Cataclysm will be better? Simply because it reintroduces us to the old world, a place where we old hats played before the expansions, only now we can fly and everything has evolved. Secondly, the Horde vs Alliance war, it's my favorite Warcraft feature.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account

Deathwings chin...whats not to love?

They make it more like BC :P

Basically just don't make a new set of dungeons that gears up alts in less than 2 days... Make people progress through all the raids in order instead of skipping to end game raid from running heroics...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeorix
    Title says it all, if you think Cataclysm will bring back some of the fun that was lost in Wotlk explain why.
    As they say, if you reach the bottom then there is no way but up.

As it is now, I don't think the game is worth any money on a monthly basis. There is several announcements that makes me think that will change.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Quote Originally Posted by Rantus
    No fun was lost in WotLK for me, I hope Cata will make WoW even better though. The revamped old world with flying and stuff is probably what I'm looking forward to most though.
    Thats exactly how I feel, it just keeps getting better and better.. And from my point of view, new stuff is better, of any kind..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Bc it can't get much worse then Wotlk. TBC was amazing, it had unique gear and amazing zones. Wotlk was blue and old. It looked like we went back into time during an ice age when all gear looked terribad and the world was blue.

I think cataclysm is the make over classic wow needed. I love the new Origmmar and these new class changes seem to be addressing problems that classes have been dealing with for a while. I also think that the new raiding system with raid lockouts being shared is perfect bc running ICC four times a week on my main and alt was getting annoying.

It's just a rebirth of the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Sweet lord almighty, who pooped in your cereal.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nicator
    I hope they will make the game have a little more playability value, and thus make raiding, or rather playing the game at all a sensible investment of your time.
    I hope they allow none raiders to progress -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Verita vita
    Bc it can't get much worse then Wotlk. TBC was amazing, it had unique gear and amazing zones. Wotlk was blue and old. It looked like we went back into time during an ice age when all gear looked terribad and the world was blue.

I think cataclysm is the make over classic wow needed. I love the new Origmmar and these new class changes seem to be addressing problems that classes have been dealing with for a while. I also think that the new raiding system with raid lockouts being shared is perfect bc running ICC four times a week on my main and alt was getting annoying.

Imo because dungeons are way too easy right now. I liked the point of CC previous to WotLK. I am glad they are bringing it back.

For the most part though I think most people are excited for Cataclysm because this xpac. was about bringing down the LK. Now that he is dead (for most of us) it is boring. We are ready to move on to bigger and better things.

Also, no outlands and northrend wont be changed. Outlands for the obvious reason and Northrend because it is still new in their books. We might see changes to the draenei/blood elf starting places but I doubt it. Though I do expect them to get rid of the need for a instance portal between ghostlands/EPL and Darkshore/Azuremist. There is no need anymore to hide BC lands when they are starting off in the new Cataclysm ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Verita vita

1. New gear??? Are you freaking kidding me everybody that did not have pve gear had full gladiator gear. 90% of all players in major city were alike with maybe abit of colour diffrence.
    2. Amazing zones? I dont know what game you played but most people I knew were constantly bitching about the zones, when the game just came out people was bitching there was only one starting zone= insane lag. Latter people was complaining it was total bull shit with only demons.

And about the rebirth? Its the same thing that was said about wolk, go back to the alpha beta and read some of the post people were talking about that this demon shit was finally done and it would go back to being a rpg. People were super happy that tanks was less boring and talkng about making all dps specs viable was the one change the game had needed for years.

Im going to say it already now in 1 year people are going to be pissed saying that X is broken in Cata and saying that wolk had its flaws but was a way way way better expansion and be crying for wolk servers.

I don't know that Cataclysm will be better than WotLK. In fact, it could turn out to be worse, with more bad story writing and more lore failings. It's already off to a bad start from what I've seen. More of this banana boat war between Varian and Garrosh whereas Deathwing, Ragnaros, and the PvE threats seemed to be taking back seats. Or maybe not. At the very least I see more people concerned about Garrosh than they are about Deathwing, but I think that's mostly born of people's needs and wishes to see that their faction gains more or retains as much special treatment from Blizzard as they possibly can. So perhaps that doesn't count.

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm hoping that the story surrounding Deathwing and the other remaining aspects is not so badly done as the story around the Lich King was done. :-\

because its made by blizzard, and they are intending on making it better.

one merely has to pay attention to the past to see the future will be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

After all the ideas tried in TBC and Wotlk I think blizzard has found the balance that will satisfy everyone that picks up the game or all the veterans of the game.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aeorix
    Title says it all, if you think Cataclysm will bring back some of the fun that was lost in Wotlk explain why.
    It won't be better, but it should be good. Lots of great stuff (although Azeroth revamped will get old quickly imo) - including the new races and the guild revamps and the raiding revamps and the archeology thing-a-ma-jig.

because the wow community finally found the guy responsible for TOC and murdered him and anyone related to him so the evil doesnt spread.

at least thats what i like to believe.

Just the revamp of Azeroth leads Cataclysm to the first place.

And if the PvE is much more like BC but improved with better challenges, then Cataclysm will definetly be the best expantion of all time.

Whenever I think about ToC and Naxx I just get so angry! I really do hope for a better raiding environment in Cata.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Q:Why do you think Cataclysm will be better than Wotlk?
    A:I don't think it will.
    “I is the king of Rome, and above grammar”
    ~ Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor on Grammar

15+ Year Old Account

If always thought of wotlk as a testing expansion. They introduced many new features and not all of them worked as well as expected, but we will take what worked and use it in cata to it's fullest extent. I.e. Phasing, seige combat, multiple raid levels.

I don't think any fun was lost in WoTLK but I do think Cats will be an improvement. I really think WoTLK developed a ton of things that really improved the game, and Cats will polish them.

On the other hand - If you pine for things lost from TBC/Vanilla, whatever it may be - Don't bet on it coming back. Not CC. Not "epics meaning something". Not being brought to a raid for your buff. You will not see a shift back in the raiding paradigm.

Hopefully because WotLK had a whole lot of experimenting going on, and the game changed rather dramatically with every single content patch. I'm hoping Cataclysm stays a bit more consistent throughout.