Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats the point of the iphone Auction House application?

I have an iphone 3gs which i have a ton of apps on but barely use any besides ebay/weather/paypal and safari. I have been playing the AH recently to save tons of gold for Catalysm and now I see this new app for the Auction House.

Why should I spend $3 a month to use the AH? It's not like getting to the AH is hard. In-fact using the touch screen is a lot slower when I am listing a lot of items. Why would I want to spend my lunch break posting auctions from work on my phone when I could just come home and do it faster without wasting my hour break and not wasting more money on the game.

If anything blizzard should pay me the $3 a month to use the app over logging ingame to do it faster/easier. Less people logging in = less bandwidth for blizzards server therefore they pay less to run servers etc.

Re: Whats the point of the iphone Auction House application?

If you don't think 3 euro a month is worth it, nobody is forcing you to buy it. This feature is for people who *do* think that it is worth 3 euro a month.

Also, it looks like you completely missed the point of this application. You are not supposed to use it instead of the actual auction house when you are home and at your computer, so it being slower does not matter at all. You are supposed to use it if you want to put up auctions but do not have access to a computer. People with jobs, ect. Not everyone works so close to where they live that they can go home, put up all of their auctions, make food, eat, and get back to work in an hour. When I was in college, it would have taken an hour and 20 minutes just to get from college to my place.

If you don't like it, that's fine. Don't expect everyone to agree with you that it's bad just because you couldn't figure out how to use it and because you are not the target audience.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    You are supposed to use it if you want to put up auctions but do not have access to a computer. People with jobs, ect.

If you don't like it, that's fine. Don't expect everyone to agree with you that it's bad just because you couldn't figure out how to use it and because you are not the target audience.
    Ahem I said I wouldn't use it at work either during work hours and I wouldn't waste my hour break to post auctions on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio
    Ahem I said I wouldn't use it at work either during work hours and I wouldn't waste my hour break to post auctions on the AH.
    That's nice for you. Some people don't have to spend an entire hour putting up auctions. They could put up one or two things in a minute or two.

I am guessing this is for situations where you would be wasting time anyway. Bus journeys come to mind.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

What's the point of buses?

I can walk short distances to get where I need to go and save my money or if it's a long journey, I can drive.

I'm not going to waste my lunch break on buses and think that fact is so interesting that I need to tell the world.

Bus journeys come to mind.
    If you can't afford a car, you shouldn't have an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade

I can walk short distances to get where I need to go and save my money or if it's a long journey, I can drive.

I'm not going to waste my lunch break on buses and think that fact is so interesting that I need to tell the world.
    That is completely different. If you're going to try make a witty remark at least make sure it makes sense before you post it.

Oh and I don't take public transport.

I think its a pretty good idea,
    Most of my monday-fridays end up being 7am-9pm due to the immense travel time to and from university. Its good tobe able to use the auction house remotely to check on whether things are selling and also to keep an eye out for any bargains that come up during the day as by the time i log on after 9pm (i play in perth australia so closest server time is midnight australian east coast) most of the good sales from both the afternoon and evening players have gone.

For me this is a big plus but as OP said there are people who dont want to be involved in the game when they are out and so hence for them this is pointless.
    Quote from: Biged781 on May 03, 2010, 08:38:47 am
    You my friend are just short of the sense-of-humor softcap.

The point is $$$.
    Search for the "Activision-Blizzard" thread somewhere around these forums, it gives a more detailed answer why $$$.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    How stupid are you, exactly? How are owning a phone/MP3 player and passing your driving exam, paying for a car, paying for insurance, paying for upkeep and maintenance even remotely similar?

I mean, you are able to figure out that they don't cost anything close to the same amount, right?

Also, in college I tended to sleep on the bus to catch up on sleep. It ended up getting me an extra 2 hours sleep a day. They tend to frown on you falling asleep while driving a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio
    Why should I spend $3 a month to use the AH? It's not like getting to the AH is hard. In-fact using the touch screen is a lot slower when I am listing a lot of items. Why would I want to spend my lunch break posting auctions from work on my phone when I could just come home and do it faster without wasting my hour break and not wasting more money on the game.

If anything blizzard should pay me the $3 a month to use the app over logging ingame to do it faster/easier. Less people logging in = less bandwidth for blizzards server therefore they pay less to run servers etc.
    Translation: This app doesn't fit my needs, so I'm going to QQ about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Lol plain and simple. Gold farmers need easier access!

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Did you read that in your "Working classes and how they should spend their money" handbook?

Paying for an iphone is substantially cheaper than paying for driving lessons, tests, buying a car, paying insurance, road tax, petrol etc.

retard
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22
    Lol plain and simple. Gold farmers need easier access!
    I hate it when Gold Farmers fly over to my country, take a taxi around to my apartment, break in and steal my iPhone so that they can put stuff up from my characters on the Auction House and sell it. Even though they can't actually get the gold off of my account with the application, I'll think twice before installing it now.

Just in case.

I hate it when Gold Farmers fly over to my country, take a taxi around to my apartment, break in and steal my iPhone so that they can put stuff up from my characters on the Auction House and sell it. Even though they can't actually get the gold off of my account with the application, I'll think twice before installing it now.

Just in case.
    I think he meant actual gold farmers as opposed to account thieves. I can see how the app would benefit people that spend hours on the AH to make their gold for whatever purposes but personally I won't be purchasing this particular method of playing wow....and I don't have an iphone because I can't afford a car :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel
    The point is $$$.
    Search for the "Activision-Blizzard" thread somewhere around these forums, it gives a more detailed answer why $$$.
    There is allways $$$, but thats not the only answer. Hes looking for a reson why anyone should want to buy this. You are not forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by wut?
    I think he meant actual gold farmers as opposed to account thieves. I can see how the app would benefit people that spend hours on the AH to make their gold for whatever purposes but personally I won't be purchasing this particular method of playing wow....and I don't have an iphone because I can't afford a car :P
    I doubt that, the application doesn't have support for any Auction House Addons which most Gold Farmer AH Bots use. As the OP said, it's slower than actually just using the Auction House, so I don't think that it would be a huge issue, unless they start buying them iPhones to take into the bathroom to boost efficency.

I doubt that, the application doesn't have support for any Auction House Addons which most Gold Farmer AH Bots use. As the OP said, it's slower than actually just using the Auction House, so I don't think that it would be a huge issue, unless they start buying them iPhones to take into the bathroom to boost efficency.
    That's more along the lines of what I meant. When they have to leave the computer for whatever reason, they can use the app....how much gold does a person really need :P

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Win ^
    Also, the point of the remote AH is not for the OP or players like him. Blizzard recognizes that every server has a small group of people who play the AH consistently and this gives them the freedom to continuing posting and reposting auctions whenever they're bored at work or school or wherever as long as they are willing to pay the fee $$$. Actually this is probably bad news for amateur auction house users, there will be no time of day that your auctions are safe from the big boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wut?
    That's more along the lines of what I meant. When they have to leave the computer for whatever reason, they can use the app....how much gold does a person really need :P
    Haha, if they are going to be that efficent, they could save money and instead of buying everyone an iPhone, just buy everyone a bucket. No more bathroom breaks!