Way Too Early 3s speculation...

Hey folks. Curious as to what y'all think will be some strong 3s comps in Cata, and what are you thinking about running?

My personal feeling is that WLD and RMP are going to regain their BC status as kings of the 3s bracket, due to the general slowing-down of matches.

Interested to see what the internet thinks.

Edit: Disclaimer: I know most of the changes are in their infancy, just curious to see how everyone's leaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    GC looks healthy and kipper in this interview. Look's like he's been taking his multivitamins. Good for him.

Re: Way Too Early 3s speculation...

Straight bruh

Actually I've been thinking about this a lot lately. (Note: I've left out Hunter completely just because I have no idea how Focus will impact things, as a lot of hunters won't be able to regen focus using Steady Shot or Cobra Shot)

My first guess as to an awesome comp is melee cleave (Arms Warrior + UH DK + Holy Pally).
    All the combination of slows (CoI, Desecrated Ground, Hamstring) plus an awesome healing reduction combo (MS from Arms Warrior and Necrotic Strike from the DK) would be killer. Add in a bubbles, freedom, random stun CC and dispels... Sounds pretty nice to me.

Another potential winner could be a variation of shadow play (Shadow Priest + Affliction Warlock + Resto Druid).
    This comp just makes me think of all the control from the lock and druid. Combine that with a full round of DoTs on everyone (despite the health increase) could make for a rough day. I initially say affliction lock over destro mostly for UA giving some dispel protection for priest and lock debuffs. I have never really seen a shadow play work in person, but I could definitely see how it could work.

Of course comps like RMP and RLS will still work and be popular. They will especially be more formidable due to the fact that Blizzard is trying to make Rogues less squishy and cooldown reliant.

I see things like Beast Cleave not really working in cataclysm mostly because players aren't going to get nuked down in 3 globals, even with Bloodlust up.

With the nerf of MS effects, it will be more about control and good play, rather than burst. So control comps like Wizard cleave and RMP and whatnot will be awesome.

Of my toons, I'll definitely be playing Melee Cleave (my Arms Warrior) and Wizard Cleave (Elemental Shaman).

A) RMP is still one of the top 3's pairs. There will undoubtedly be little change, if not a buff in the early expansion to this team.

B) It is way to early to speculate any sort of viability with specs and team combinations.

C) I speculate that WWW (Warlock Warlock Warlock) and DPM (Druid Priest Mage) will be highly viable combos for not obvious and convoluted reasons that cannot be explained due to the NDA.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux
    My first guess as to an awesome comp is melee cleave (Arms Warrior + UH DK + Holy Pally).
    All the combination of slows (CoI, Desecrated Ground, Hamstring) plus an awesome healing reduction combo (MS from Arms Warrior and Necrotic Strike from the DK) would be killer. Add in a bubbles, freedom, random stun CC and dispels... Sounds pretty nice to me.
    I see things like Beast Cleave not really working in cataclysm mostly because players aren't going to get nuked down in 3 globals, even with Bloodlust up.
    I hafta disagree on the melee cleave. You say yourself that comps that rely on gibbing something with relentless pressure and no control won't work, and that's completely what TSG (DK/War/Pally) relies on. TSG has fallen pretty far this season (with a few notable exceptions) just due to the higher stam and resil numbers. Now, teams with huge burst AND spammable CC's (ele/affli/rdruid, i'm lookin' at you)...

I agree that teams based on control with good longevity and reset-ability will be very strong. Hence why I think RMP and WLD will rule.

I am interested in WWW, and now wish that i had an F&F key....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    GC looks healthy and kipper in this interview. Look's like he's been taking his multivitamins. Good for him.

Just because people aren't going to be wrecked in 3 GCD's doesn't mean that persistent pressure won't work.
    Still remember that healing won't be about keeping the target at 100%, but keeping them alive. Also, a healers skill in mana management will go up considerably.

My guess is that teams won't be able to run the train, but hardcore pressure from 2 melee that have plenty of gap closers + slows for their target seems viable to me.

The only way I could see this as not a working comp would be if teams could run the train on the warrior.

RMP, they get life grip, which will affect many things i think. and then mages get some ability thing like bloodlust/heroism i think. not sure, but, they will be one of the best setups if not the best i think.
    Hey Allyana i was asking about...
    First Question we play Paladin/Death knight with my brother in same room and we got 2v2 2450 and 3v3 2410.

First Question:How can we beat paladin/warlock ,warlock/druid and shaman/druid
    Second Question:What presence is better for arena Unholy or Blood.
    /facedesk..

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Mage, warrior, priest I think will be a great combo. You've got time warp, holy grip, ms, lots of snares, holy grip, lots of dispelling, mana drain, cc, peels, interrupts. To me that is going to be tough combo.

PMR will be good also for similar reasons as above. If moonkins for some reason turn out to be really good in PvP I could even see moonkin, priest, mage being nasty to run into.