Thread: boss for a day

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

boss for a day

If you had the chance to play any boss in-game for 24 hours, which would it be and what would you do?

During your period of control, the boss can be extracted from its instance/raid and utilised in any environment (e.g. world play or another instance/raid if so desired) including battlegrounds. Note that you would be an enemy to both factions.

As a means of discouraging everyone from simply selecting the Lich King, let's assume within this hypothetical that health and damage are roughly static from boss to boss and equate to a stats range typical of Ulduar 25. This query is more focused on your interest in boss abilities (and nostalgic value, if appropriate) than the damage/surviveability of one boss in relation to another.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Re: boss for a day

Hogger hands down

Would wanna use Illidan and have no cooldown on the shadow prison spell.
    In a battleground ofc.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

I would be the big bad wolf. I mean, turning people into little red riding hood at will?

Algalon so I can enter a BG and spam Ascend to the Heavens.
    Don't be such a a vagine man

Chess boss from kara.

I'll still go LK.

In AV, with all the bots?

Defile gonna go wild.

Herald Volazj, and take him back in time to the Isle of Quel'danas daily q's. Use insanity on everyone, and get my dailies done in peace.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmmm i would have to pick Steelbreaker (assuming the other 2 from that encounter are dead) so i could radiate that nature aura that increases each time it kills someone

Lich King all the way foso lol defile and valkyrs and army of the dead all over the place

The Lich King, without a doubt. Power!
    Cake!

I always liked how high warlord najentus or whatever he was called had his neat shield and could pin down people and watch them squirm.
    So I would be High Warlord Najentus, running around, AoEing people, pinning them down, laugh at them, watch them die, and in casde of danger my bubble would keep me safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

I would play Heigan and take the party to Dalaran! ;D Do a little dance...
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

i would be Ragnaros just being sexy like that in stormwind the ladies oh i can only imagine now

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    oh man kazzack. definitely.

that or i'd be a Plague Ghoul. from the scourge event. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

How hard would PvE be if a player could control a boss, that would be cool IMO

You would have to set limitations like the boss can only target the person highest on threat and has to stay within a specific path..But if you give a boss cooldowns and AoE interupts.. and not just stuff going off on cooldown

Anyway I think I would like to be the lich king on heroic, just to smile

C'thun. I would just sit around Dalaran the whole day and look at people funny.

Kael'thas. the dude always had the coolest abilities

1. He had crazy good adds.. like three or four guys and phoenixs you have to deal with, like a possee
    2. he had black gas around him and it'd reduce your health when you got all up in his face
    3. crazy arcane blasts that hit the whole raid and disorient every one like a blind for 10 seconds: AWESOME pvp ability.
    4. Fireballs/Pyroblasts from hell
    5. Mind Controls multiple people at once... friggin mass mind controlling fire mage? win.
    6. Crazy Health Bubble and he had parts where he was completely immune to damage and you had to deal with his posse of phoenixs
    7. Gravity Toss thing where he throws every one in the air, swim bitches.. swim!
    8. Chain Arcane Beam Laser beams like he's c'thun or some thing, pew pew firin' muh lazors

Plus he had the coolest robes

Another cool idea would be Zul'Jin... crazy troll druid!? yes please.
    "Hard work never killed any body, But why take a chance?" - Edgar Bergen.

Archimonde.

Finger of death spam will do the trick.