Haste question...

I was just wondering how important haste still is. I know we're supposed to keep ~15% to get our steady shot down, but there is barely any haste/armpen gear, if any at all really. I use HWT right now and I was just wondering if it'd be bad to lose that haste if I get say H WFS or the new ruby sanctum trinket or is it just fuck haste right now?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aker&cn=Yuuhub

Thanks ahead for the info!

Re: Haste question...

Haste should never be a stat focused on by hunters. Sure having Steady shot cast time as close to 1.5 secs is ideal, but our other stats effect our dps more than haste.

H WFS and RS trinket are both miles better than HWT.

Plus you have DBW so now I hate you. :P

Don't hate me!!!! =P

Ya, i figured it was just fuck it get the armpen/WFS but just wanted to check =)

10+ Year Old Account

Well, just due to the 15% passive haste from the auto-shot talent (used to be using a quiver) you basically always get a 1.5 cast on steady, even with 0 haste from gear. Unless if something is a drastic upgrade, generally avoiding haste would be ideal.

Yeah, HWT is pretty bad. Well, it's not "bad", it's just not as good as WFS/DBW. Personally, I'm close to buying it myself as I almost have enough emblems for my 4 piece and I have neither WFS nor DBW. WFS just won't drop, and DBW will be awhile before I get it since we're running heroics easily and people are saving DKP for it. I'm using Greatness and Scorpion...eww.

15+ Year Old Account

Remember Haste will be our Regen stat as soon as Cataclysm hit so don't get to set into the "Haste is bad for Hunters"

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Remember Haste will be our Regen stat as soon as Cataclysm hit so don't get to set into the "Haste is bad for Hunters"
    Idk about you, when I talk about stats or the state of the game, I am talking about currently. Not what will happen MONTHS later.

I think we shouldnt even gather gear in cataclysm, cuz you know, it will be all changed for lvl 90!

10+ Year Old Account

But it is bad for hunters. Cata isn't coming out for 3 months or so.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird
    Idk about you, when I talk about stats or the state of the game, I am talking about currently. Not what will happen MONTHS later.
    I started collecting a leveling set already. Forward thinking is forward.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

So many things to reply to and I could quote them all but I don't feel like taking the time.

First off, 1.5 steady is what you aim for but not needed. The most SS you can get between Chimera and Aimed is 4, no matter how much haste you have, even if you don't have any. I have no haste at all and still get 4. Haste isn't valuable really until you reach the hard cap for arp, then you may want a lil more of it but its still not something you really gem or chant for.

2nd, you don't know how valuable haste is going to be for hunters in cata. It helps regen on focus but that still doesn't mean we're going to gem for it. How about actually waiting until Cata comes out, or even better yet waiting on the beta when you can test focus, to start gemming or gearing that way.

3rd, how is anyone collecting leveling gear for cata? The only leveling gear you'll need is the gear you have when it comes out. Saying you're collecting "leveling gear" just sounds idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands
    I started collecting a leveling set already. Forward thinking is forward.
    Um... You do realize that the stats on nearly every single piece of gear in the entire game are getting changed, right? >.>;; What is the point of getting gear "for leveling" when we are absolutely positively having three stats (AP, INT, ArPen) removed entirely from hunter gear, the priority for weighing stats is going to change completely due to focus and the shift in how AGI/haste works, AND we are getting an entirely NEW stat (Mastery rating) that will only be on gear 81+? (I believe that was from a blue post but not 100% sure... I remember Blizz saying that mastery rating was only going to be on the new Cata gear and THINK it was specified to be 81-85 range.)

Especially since early quest greens are roughly the same level as ICC25H, unless you are gathering gear from there, anything that doesn't have a unique effect/proc will absolutely be worse than new easily obtained gear... So why do it? ^^;;

Ok, i saw this thread and thought id take a stab at this.

I went survival to be a replenishment bitch and was wondering since i pretty much CRUSH crit cap would haste be a viable route for gemming some yellows. I dont run Imp AOTH cause im an idiot and i don't like how it functions. Master tac is totally usless for me and so on.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Quiverbeard

P.S Rawr is stupid and FD.com cover values haste need a real opinion from someone else whos in my position.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    Especially since early quest greens are roughly the same level as ICC25H, ...
    I agree with gear acquired now is not being a good idea because of stat change, but quest items on toplevel of previous expansion is speculation and personally I dont think will happen cause it hadnt happened so far. Only a better stat distribution on the first items (even when they are lots of itemlevels lower) might be better then t10 for short fights -> leveling