Does my gear allow me to go fire?

Hello there,

Quick & simple question. Because I've been running through a ton of forum posts and I'm still not sure.
    Does my gear allow me to go fire?
    I'm guessing I'd probably have to gem +hit, which might not be so great. I could ofcourse save up for the frost emblem trinket.

Do you think that with my gear, if I go fire and regem, I'd output more damage?

Here's my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&cn=Spellwarp

Thanks in advance!

Re: Does my gear allow me to go fire?

Stay arcane. Nibelung isn't that great either.

You must realize that specing fire will reduce your SP substantially since you will lose mind mastery (-260 sp). Your haste is still very low even for arcane, fire benefits greatly from haste, and your crit is low for fire.

If you gemmed all the way up to the cap it would gimp your stats even more.

Stick arcane till you get more icc25 stuffs.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laadeeda
    Stay arcane. Nibelung isn't that great either.

You must realize that specing fire will reduce your SP substantially since you will lose mind mastery (-260 sp). Your haste is still very low even for arcane, fire benefits greatly from haste, and your crit is low for fire.

If you gemmed all the way up to the cap it would gimp your stats even more.

Stick arcane till you get more icc25 stuffs.
    Thanks a bunch. Exactly what I wanted to hear (Well I was hoping to hear: Yes go fire because arcane is getting boring) but at least now I can stop grinding my teeth on this issue.

Arcane is fun. AB = Imma chargin. MBAM = IMMA FIRING

Go frost warding instead of ice shards btw. And you only need 3 points in Arcane Stability to eliminate push-back if you have conc aura. (+Range talent is nice)

Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

Yah fire has some pretty steep gear requirements compared to arcane (and not just hit). You need a decent amount of crit to keep hot streak going and haste for ignite upkeep. Don't even get me started on being scorch bitch also :P. Lazy warlocks.

What kind of stat levels do you need to make fire worthwhile anyway?

I don't think my crit is high enough

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Anatrocity

I read somewhere it's around 45% self buffed crit with 13 (spacegoat) / 14% hit. If you can hit that without grossly gemming the hit, your haste is typically OK. It's mostly 264 gear with minimal spirit items.

You want different gear than what you run Arcane with, obviously, as you need a lot of hit rating on your gear.

Full raidbuffs I'm around 1500, probably closer to 1600, crit rating (not counting FM proc). I do pretty well. Changes I can see for Spellwarp:

Circle of Ossus > Crushing Coldwraith Belt
    Ring of Rapid Ascent > Valanaar's Other Signet Ring (However the heroic Rapid Ascent is hot)

If you still need more hit Tier pants are great. They can alleviate hit requirements elsewhere.

I want your DFO plox!

Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.