Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Rate this Hunter

hey there, first actual thread on MMO-Champion thought id start it off nice and simple bin a reader 4 quite a wile thought id enjoy flaming some trolls.
    Anywho heres my amoury link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...t&name=beastyz

tell me what i should do with my gear bearing in mind i still am not gna get DBW so dont complain at me for that, and yes its a wow-heroes.com armoury link i like how much simpler it is layed out.
    Hunter - Beastyz

Re: Rate this Hunter

GET DBW YOU NUBBB!

.. no.. i got your point :>

1. you should try to get dbw, since its one of the most powerfull items in game,
    2. you should try to get the trinket from heroic FoS, LDW 10 man, totc 25 the trinket from thorim hm on 10 (or the once from algalon 10/25 if you got acces to that) or even the trinket from naxx 25 would be a imrpovement, your trinkets is short said, horrible.
    Then you should get another melee wep, distant land is a decent feral staff, but its far from the best hunter staff, get the polearm from princes on 10, or 2 of those 1handed axes at marrowgar/gunship, if you got access to lk 10/25 get the polearms from there.
    You should also get your dreadstone swapped out for the prismatic +10 all stat gem. and then i think you are there (ofc get items upgraded to the hc versions if you got access to hc icc)
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

trust me i know its one of the BiS trinkets, just most weeks when its drops its like better luck next week and same with tokens
    i have the 1h axes and i prefer them as being 10man hc they have the sockets for further ArP that i have found to outweigh distant land cus im not Surv and also the Hersirs Greatspear for me would be a bad thing as im already slightly over the hit cap by 2% when theres a space goat in the raid which is always
    and the gem advice i will probably consider thinking about it so thank you for the advice
    Hunter - Beastyz

OP, you may get flamed for grammar

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by archelios
    OP, you may get flamed for grammar
    wahay for the grammer patrol, tbh i failed english (and yes im english) so i can live with grammer abuse
    Hunter - Beastyz

10+ Year Old Account

There is a thread for this.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by callummuppet
    hey there, first actual thread on MMO-Champion thought id start it off nice and simple bin a reader 4 quite a wile thought id enjoy flaming some trolls.
    Anywho heres my amoury link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...t&name=beastyz

tell me what i should do with my gear bearing in mind i still am not gna get DBW so dont complain at me for that, and yes its a wow-heroes.com armoury link i like how much simpler it is layed out.
    Playing around on femaledwarf.com I found over 200 dps rise just from changing your gems to agi gems and your aimed shot glyph to serpent sting glyph. The glyph alone being worth about 120 dps gain.

ArP is rarely worth going all out for unless you can almost cap it (depending on circumstances and gear). Have a play around on the site and find what is best for you. If you can get DBW then it`s probably worth going all out ArP. Before then it is often better to stick to Agi.

Experimentation is the key for your own gear/circumstances. An hour or so of investigating can net large dps gains...

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tulare
    Playing around on femaledwarf.com I found over 200 dps rise just from changing your gems to agi gems and your aimed shot glyph to serpent sting glyph. The glyph alone being worth about 120 dps gain.

ArP is rarely worth going all out for unless you can almost cap it (depending on circumstances and gear). Have a play around on the site and find what is best for you. If you can get DBW then it`s probably worth going all out ArP. Before then it is often better to stick to Agi.

Experimentation is the key for your own gear/circumstances. An hour or so of investigating can net large dps gains...
    i tested this out recently and found i had a overall dps gain from switchin to ArP stacking over agi hence why ive stack with it femaledworf isnt always rite
    Hunter - Beastyz

i tested this out recently and found i had a overall dps gain from switchin to ArP stacking over agi hence why ive stack with it femaledworf isnt always rite
    It's also been proven that unless you can net i believe around 800-850+ ARP from gear alone, you shouldn't touch ARP gems, I found the samething the above poster said thou I missed the glyph..just regemming to agi nets a gain which is what your looking for anyways. I was starting to regem to ARP but noticed a drop in my dps so I switched back to Agi.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

It turns out minimal testing isn't always right either. Unless you tried it out in very controlled circumstances over a long period of time, you're letting the RNG, fight mechanics and possible errors in playing affect your dps. Also, if you're not testing this with full raid buffs/debuffs (a.k.a., testing by yourself with a dummy), your results are also going to be inaccurate.
    A large group of people who are smarter than you or I have figured out independently that when you have 452 base armpen (yours) that gemming for armpen is a bad idea. That's way, way too low to warrant gemming for armpen. You're also sacrificing your yellow gem bonuses and severely hindering your dps while moving by gemming full-armpen (as only 1 of your 3 instant shots benefit at all from armpen).
    I can promise you that gemming correctly for your gear level (i.e., red and blue sockets get 20agi, yellow gets 10agi+10crit, and your best blue socket bonus gets a nightmare tear in the blue slot-- your pants in this case) will improve your dps, assuming you're playing correctly (and probably even if you're not!).

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface
    It turns out minimal testing isn't always right either. Unless you tried it out in very controlled circumstances over a long period of time, you're letting the RNG, fight mechanics and possible errors in playing affect your dps. Also, if you're not testing this with full raid buffs/debuffs (a.k.a., testing by yourself with a dummy), your results are also going to be inaccurate.
    A large group of people who are smarter than you or I have figured out independently that when you have 452 base armpen (yours) that gemming for armpen is a bad idea. That's way, way too low to warrant gemming for armpen. You're also sacrificing your yellow gem bonuses and severely hindering your dps while moving by gemming full-armpen (as only 1 of your 3 instant shots benefit at all from armpen).
    I can promise you that gemming correctly for your gear level (i.e., red and blue sockets get 20agi, yellow gets 10agi+10crit, and your best blue socket bonus gets a nightmare tear in the blue slot-- your pants in this case) will improve your dps, assuming you're playing correctly (and probably even if you're not!).
    This mofo is hot and you should listen to everything he just said.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface
    wel for a start i have 629 base ArP not 453 and im pretty much waiting on DBW i will look into the SS gylph that every1 is mentioning and the nightmare tear but due to the being so close to the min ArP and it honestly making a drop in dps when agi stacked by about 100 dps this is why i have stayed with the ArP gems, call me ignorant/troll or what ever but i think that having gained dps by having gemmed ArP.
    i also find insulting my game play a little unfair but hey howhat can i do about that either way ty for the advice anywho
    and also i didnt test on a dummy as all they are useful for is learnign to nail a rotation not a dps test i actually tested it over several weeks in icc and only loosing dps on dreamwalker (thought that may just b due to the kiting the zombies that i have to deal with)

edit: also female dwarf says
    ArP stacked: 13244.58
    agi stacked: 13094.68 -149.9 dps
    this being with the advice you gave me

and the SS gylph mentioned is a 291.5 dps gain to ArP and 42- ish to agi stacking
    therefore ArP is the winner says the femaledwarf

ArP gemming is staying but there has been some useful pointers with the gylph and nightmare tear cheer people
    Hunter - Beastyz