Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: You are Blizzard's new Lead designer

I would make it so everyone's wants and desires fulfilled; JK that's impossible. QQ x 100 for every change, even if it's a nice one.
    I would update the graphics on characters more, seeing as we stare at them when we're online in dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint
    I would make it so everyone's wants and desires fulfilled; JK that's impossible. QQ x 100 for every change, even if it's a nice one.
    I would update the graphics on characters more, seeing as we stare at them when we're online in dalaran.
    Updated characters would be nice but you gotta understand, it'd cause a LOT of lag for a LOT of people, and blizzard ilkes to keep WoW a very loq requirements game

Optimize the game engine to actually play good on good computers and not just average, especially in 25man raids.

find out the address of whoever voices sindragosa and punch her in the face.

several times.

Hunters can now tame player characters.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki
    Hunters can now tame player characters.
    You don't see any problem with that? I personally find that a little weird, but that's me?
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Take the time to put the little secrets back into the world, such as the crashed plane with HEL (backwards)P, just to keep people intrigued with the game.
    "The reign of a nation is infinite, where as the leader is finite."
    -The Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Mugunruk
    6. Remove Mages
    /swat

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru
    Haha, internet.
    That about covers...well, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue.Monday
    find out the address of whoever voices sindragosa and punch her in the face.

several times.
    Or at least make it clear that her voice-acting "talents" would not be required again.

...oh, yeah, and I'd make sure playable naga happened.

Re-instate NPC flavor text and the "Rumors" tab on innkeepers.
    Spruce up most of the areas in the world. (Already have a private server with a friend where we discuss and change lots of places relevant to our interests.)
    Change battlegrounds to be unbalanced. (Because monotony and perfect symmetry is boring as all fuck, you can see some of my ideas in my Arathi Basi 2.0 thread)
    Add more involving quest chains all over the place and re-do old ones for maximum awesome overdrive.

Lol, taming people. That gives me an excellent idea...

I'd create the "Legend" class. Or maybe "Scion." Or something. I dunno, I'll come back to that.

Anyway, level 85 ability, "Reinforcements." 10 minute CD. Instant cast. Randomly summon 2 warriors from any of your faction's races to come to your aid, dealing physical damage. Chance equal to your crit chance that a random race's leader will come instead. Lasts 15 seconds.

Tell me THAT class wouldn't get played into the ground.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Leave Cataclysm as it is. I would rather have the new changes than anything so far.

If anything as Lead Overall Designer :P I would ensure that leveling was seen as a whole different chapter before you can start raiding or anything like that. Like Vanilla except a little bit faster to do 85 (not as fast as now).

Also I would revamp raids to be very hard, but I would allow them to purchase an AVR and it's counterpart addon at the cost of being labelled as owning it (to ensure that other players know they're ready to raid), this would disqualify them from receiving credit for firsts up to 10 on the server (more of a ladder system).
    -A large champions trophy of the final boss of each instance would be added to their respective "War Rooms" in the capitals where players could look at the make up of the first 10 kills on each server, sort of immortalizing the first players. Guilds could be added in the "Group Title" for the achievement, all players would have to be from the same guild of course.

Also after leveling to 85 players would be asked to clear several heroics to be eligible for a quick questline which would attune them to the first raid. We would use a tiered system of raiding with it being somewhat harder and respective to fights such as (Just an example, bosses would be easier at the start of the dungeon) Prof Putricide HM in ICC, or even Prince with a RNG style tactic.

Fights would reward alot more loot, as players would progress more slowly through the dungeons (players with more time would go faster, than say players who are casual). Each boss would share a loot table of sorts (small amounts of gear) usually holding trinkets, off hand weapons, rings, and necks and would just be there to ensure fair gearing when raiding). Also, tier pieces would drop off bosses in token format (helm,chest,etc) and would divide the classes in to two groups (like shaman,priest,druid,paladin,rogue and warrior,death knight,hunter,warlock,mage).

Players have the opportunity to fight in "Faction Battles" every hour or so, which would be a free queue that would pop up only if a player was in the free world and not an instanced environment. It would basically be a last man standing fight which would start off as Horde vs Alliance. Once the one side is defeated, the round reset and the winning team plays itself and the last man standing (or persons) would get rewarded with something quirky, an achievement, and a title.

I have more ideas, but I'm too lazy to write them
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

remove bear druid's ridiculous bash block/parry/miss ratio

Intro the "Trap encounter" to raids, in the form of a trapped treasure chest room.

Intro the "Council of Awesome" including myself and a few of the popular blues from WoW forums as bosses

Change Divine shield into a mobile iceblock (cannot act, but can move)

10+ Year Old Account

make lvl 2 mobs give 999999999999999999999xp and 9999gold.

add a vendor that sells the latest pvp gear for 1 copper.
    same for gems and enchants.

close instances, except fromBGs,
    remove all flight paths except Hillsbrad and Ashenvale/XR.

=D

id delete this thread.
    /thread

I would begin to excise as much of the Knaak lore as I could from the game. So much of it involves this overly complicated and contradictory supernatural pantheon, which tends to detract from the main storyline of the game. So, I'd start killing off the Mary-Sues and such.

Then, we're going to Argus. The reason we're going to Argus is simple. Eventually, it's going to become common knowledge that the Lich King is still active, and neither the Alliance nor the Horde have any means of destroying it. So, they're going to have to take the war to the demon's homeworld to find a way to permanently destroy the King in order to save their own world.

No Dragon Aspects, no Titan nonsense. This is a war of annihilation, the Light versus the Endless Fire. I guess we should bring in the Naaru, although their inclusion in the lore really does nothing to make it any tighter.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

Take a swim in my gigantic pool of shit that they usually pull lore ideas from.

Edit: Oh and remove Clam Stacking. That mechanic is OP.

I'd give each and everyone of you pixellated pies. Stack it to 200,000 for each character in existence.

Then I'd enable a "force feed" option and watch you eat your pies sitting down without any control over your character.

After I would gather all 10 millionish toons eating pie and sit them down in a few multiple realms, crowding the servers.

Then I'd force your screens to change view toward this pie eating extravaganza and listen to the sound of millions crunching down on their pies. I would only allow your toons to re-activate toward your control if you turned your volumes to maximum (game would detect) and without the headphones plugged in (game would detect also).

I would do this during nighttime when your whole family is sleeping.
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats