Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard Survey, Remote AH, Blue posts

[..] a survey was sent to european players [..]
    To all players or just selected few? I didn't receive any survey :/
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

in vanilla you used to be able to have a ton of characters on a single server, the character screen had a scroll bar and you would just scroll down. why would i pay for something that was in the game previously then removed?
    Best Shadow Priest: Dangitsmcg, Mcg.
    P.S.
    Try not to use " I " as much as possible unless you need it. I know it makes writing easier.

Now introducing: Tri-Spec! For just 1 easy payment of 25$.

I see it happening.

More charecter slots would be nice. However, the idea of having to dish out more money for them would not be nice. I think you should be able to have 50 charecters spread out among whatever servers you choose, with no cap on how many per server. As an example, we have a 10cap per server now. I would like to have say, 15 charecters on my current server, 9 on an alt server, etc. Take the 50, spread it out however you want.

Without having to pay extra for it.

Is blizzard really starving for money? =\

That Video Games Live concert looks amazing (and sounds amazing too). I may actually WATCH PBS in order to see it. Or wait until its online, depends on my mood at the time :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Well we did.* Some of us at least.* The rest of us evolved from monkeys, snakes, and particularly low quality toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Chromie.* Chromie solves Everything.

Time paradox? What time paradox?
    Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    To be fair itemization was terrible in vanilla. LOVING THAT SPIRIT ON MY TANK GEAR OH YEA

Now that the idea is in their head i believe the survey is useless as they will eventually add another slot anyway. And as stuff they have been adding have gotten more and more expensive you can bet your ass that it won't be cheap.

Ha, so it begins. Blizz turns their attention to alt-maniacs. First server/faction/race transfers, then pets, mount, mobile AH and now more character slots. Lets just wait for all that stuff offered by "free to play" MMOS like stuff that give double xp, equpment that you cannot obtain anywhere else in the game, more tradeskill slots(why not?) and so on.

There absolutely needs to be more character slots.

I almost have my 10th character to level 80 on my server, which I'm obviously not going to delete a level 80 and I'd really rather get to try out goblins/worgen on my own server.

10+ Year Old Account

I bought the Panderan Monk when half the money went to charity and the Celestial Steed because it was my birthday, but I draw the line at paying for an extra slot. Such a concept feels wrong on so many levels.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

The more micro transaction ideas blizzard push around the more i am beginning to look for alternative games. Guild Wars 2 is a serious contender for me right now tbh, will be interested in seeing how that pans out.

Atleast in the original guild wars you gained 2 additional character slots FREE with the purchase of each new expansion...

Granted content in the old one was very few and far between compared to the regularity of WoW. but they had the right idea... something blizzard should consider adopting.

Seriously... at the rate they are going its not going to be a case of "what can you buy" soon.. it will be "what else have i not bought"

I won't be surprised if blizzard starts charging for content patches as well. The players sent them a message that "paying 15$ is not enough, charge us more" and they listened. Even this very thread has people defending blizzards right to charge its subscribers more and more, why these people are out to get swindled is beyond comprehension to me. Pay for monthly games are the most expensive games ever created, they recover all losses and have profits in the several hundred millions from monthly subscriptions alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down

(Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    I LOL'd

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon
    How is it a bad example? The idea is you choose to buy or you don't.
    Yeah but you can't compare a restaurant with a pay to play abo mmo. Anyhow not like u did it.

Let's say there is this new restaurant, with a ad banner, "All you can eat, for 15 bucks a month"

So you get in there, all nice, and eat there everyday. So after a while, mangagement changes and now the deserts costs extra. And than the Soup and than that and that and after some time all you get for your 15 bucks is breed and water.

We don't want Micro Transactions in a Pay to Play MMO, vote all on "not interestet" and Blizzard will bring it for free, but if you show interest they will bring it for money, and other things to.

Hell i have nothing that Blizzard wants to make money, just raise the monthley cost for 1 or 2 bucks, if the more content comes, and no more "Premium things"

Wheres Xibit when you need him
    "Hey dog i heard that u like pay while u pay, so we put Micro Transactions into an pay to play mmo, so u can spent ur money, while spend ur money"
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dropz

Is blizzard really starving for money? =\
    no, but Acitivision is making blizzard piss off alot of people thinking it won't get to the point where the game falls into complete disrepair and expect everyone to wake up the next day and keep throwing money at Blizzard and keep p(l)aying the game.

it's almost there, the day, where the more money you are willing to toss at blizzard Activision, will prove your playing potential, and i and many other people i know will be gone before that happens, and after Activision has sucked blizzard dry like the insect they are, they'll run off and find a new host to latch onto and drain, by then blizzard and World of warcraft, Battle.net and Starcraft will long be dead and i'll be playing Old Republic

Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Is there anywhere I can read the full survey?

All these microtransactions make WoW look like other games where you have to pay for premium content and features.. except those other games don't have a monthly subscription on top.

Well... Now we know when cross-server BoA mailing will come. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontius
    Why would you ever, I mean EVER admit something like this?
    Seriously, it'd be bad enough saying you have 50 indispensable toons, but when you add that you've shelled out a thousand bucks on virtual accessories...well, strangely, I was overwhelmed with pity for you.

I'm all for spending your free time doing whatever makes you happy...I even understand spending a little scratch here and there for a leisure activity that does absolutely nothing to better you as a person (ie. not a hobby that provides some new skill or asset like sailing or rapelling or some such), but you may as well have said. "I've already maxed my opiate tolerance and spend $50 a day on heroin but I dunno if I'd be willing to pay my dealer an extra couple bucks for sterile syringes if he offered them - but I'd probly end up doing it anyway."

Hmmm...now that I think about it, what you said was actually worse, cuz at least with the heroin habit you'd have a tangible, real-world asset in exchange for your time and money (even if you ravenously consumed it shortly thereafter).
    50 Toons include many cross server bank toons who search the AH a lot. It's my choice of what I want to do with my money and I'm still have paid off all my bills and got what I want. By having many toons - I make my gold easily in game. And I've raided on 6 different servers with being horde/alliance.

I do have many hobbies as well such as playing bass and going to the gym every day at 5AM. Well when I do think about it, I do have the money and so many other people do as well. Can't be aimed directly at myself.

10+ Year Old Account

I wonder how the selection of people who got the survey has been determined. I'd love to take part on that survey. Would there be any way to subscribe?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    I wonder how the selection of people who got the survey has been determined. I'd love to take part on that survey. Would there be any way to subscribe?
    Maybee u must spend more than 100 bucks in the blizzard store :
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Activi$ion :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X