View Poll Results: So , need to reroll new Sp , and gotta keep Cataclysm in mind.

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • Warlock

42 62.69%
  • Mage

8 11.94%
  • S Priest

10 14.93%
  • Lololo meleers ftw !!

7 10.45%

[Poll] Wlok/mage/Spries for Cata

Yea , so , got 2 80`s (roug , boomkin). Gotta roll new class for cata that will be good. I'm thinking some of these 3 SP`s would be good. what u think , which is the best at PVP/PVE ( im focusing more into PVE). Which is easiest to level , and why should i choose some , and why not.

(my writing wasnt mby perfect, hope u understand ;S)
    Not sure bout the area where to put it but , since it had wlock first , i decided to put it here . but moderators if u know better place , be so nice and move it , ty.

EDIT: name suggestions too , if u have any

Eräkoira
    Ban-Hammer
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mace
    1336-1337* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Speed 1.337
    (133.7 damage per second)
    +100 Owning Noobs
    Chance on hit: Bans a Noob/Troll.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: [Poll] Wlok/mage/Spries for Cata

Start it in the Cataclysm General Discussion thread? You'll get a lot of gogo warlock here...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Whenever people ask me what class to roll, I always tell them to roll a hybrid. Mages and warlocks are great and have a lot of utility but personally I'd say priest because you can do great DPS, lots of utility and then turn around and heal for your offspec. But maybe thats just because my main is a priest...

Nobody can tell you because we don't know how the levelling experience for those classes will be in cataclysm (major changes!!!)
    You should read up what makes those classes special and what sounds like you could like it. Then roll this class.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

Locks are beast!
    On a serious note....no...make a lock no matter what. Using demons aginst the other baddies is neat!

The area you placed this poll is going to generate a ton of biased votes.

Anyway, on topic, I like my mage, they're fun, and I like the currently announced changes for them in Cataclysm.
    But, as they said above me, we can't tell you which class you'd enjoy the most, read up on each class, future changes, current mechanics, etc, and make your decision.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    Start it in the Cataclysm General Discussion thread? You'll get a lot of gogo warlock here...

I voted Shadow Priest, but I believe Warlock will be just as nice, so count another vote for them on top of the existing number.
    I just loved leveling my Priest as Shadow (although the first 20-30 Levels suck, but then again they suck everytime, no matter the class ). I have no experiences with leveling a Warlock, but from what I hear it's a lot of fun. And I suspect it'll only get better with Cataclysm.

But in the end, it's entirely up to you -- although it can never hurt to ask around. I strongly suggest reading up on all three of 'em once the release of Cataclysm draws near.
    Quote Originally Posted by alph
    Cataclysm was merely a head-set.

why do you gotta?... and don't you already have a caster with your boomkin?...

dont know why your rolling off boomkin! 2nd knockback, a proper solar and lunar eclipse system, and SHROOMS!

Why on earth would anyone NOT want to play that? Your also getting a silence! -.-

On srs note regarding poll, I'll lvl lock (unbiased LOL). Levelled a priest... it's painful. Levelling a mage, it's meh. Level as affli for faceroll. Haunt is just foolish. And I took 2nd spec as Demo for those tough group quests that i wanted to solo. Makes life a fucking breeze.
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

If you want the class getting the biggest overhaul from what they are now, then that would be warlocks.
    With the talent previews for mages/warlocks still to appear and us still to even hit beta then there will still be a lot up in the air.
    Wait until there is something much nearer the finished article, and then you and us can provide much better opinions and arguements for and against any specific class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd vote gogowarlocks!
    Lvlin'
    All three are super fun to level. As a solo priest you will spend a lot of time drinking. However, if you go heals to level you can get pretty quick dungeon q's. I DSpeced at 40 and often, after leaving a dungeon, I'd reenter Q and switch specs, by the time my mana was back and I was ready to quest the Dun would pop.

Mages don't have such the problem with mana really. Plus when you do have to drink you never have to buy it.

Warlocks have the least amount of down time between fights as affliction as long as you know how to juggle your health and mana properly without killing yourself. It's really not hard and can be a lot of fun.

PvE right now mages are doing sick damage. Shadow Priests do insane damage and warlocks keep up pretty good if I do say so myself. (On the meters im right under the 2 classes in my guild and they outgear me by a fair amount)

PVP is fun no matter what class you play. However mages suffer a bit in the 19 bracket more then the other two. Spriests are OP in lower brackets.. at 10 i solod a 19 hunter.. was hilarious. I still think locks are the most fun in pvp, but im totally partial to black magic and demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkore View Post
    dont know why your rolling off boomkin! 2nd knockback, a proper solar and lunar eclipse system, and SHROOMS!

Why on earth would anyone NOT want to play that? Your also getting a silence! -.-

On srs note regarding poll, I'll lvl lock (unbiased LOL). Levelled a priest... it's painful. Levelling a mage, it's meh.
    This!

If resto doesn't work out on my druid (RIP tree form among other things ) then I'll be going boomkin with feral os.

Personally tho I would be leveling my lock as this guy said I leveled a spriest and spent 99% my time wanding stuff to death (and played one endgame in vanilla and bc both in pve and pvp), mage was fun but it didn't last long before I got really bored with it.

My lock was so much fun I ran around dotting literally everything I came across and watched as it died before me in moments. PvP? As an afflic lock in bc and wotlk I never met another class I couldn't kill even if they ad friends. So come cata. I'll be leveling my lock
    Last edited by skitzin; 2010-06-11 at 04:10 PM.

My warlock was the first character I made in the middle of Vanilla WoW. I've messed around with some alts, but my lock will always be my main and my favorite...

15+ Year Old Account
    Locked. There are like 9 threads on this (a new one each week, stay tuned!) and ultimately if anyone, anywhere convinces you that <class x> is the one you want, then you are a sucker and they are a salesman.

R.I.P. YARG