SPRIEST/ROGUE arena 2v2

so, i was disc, but i went shadow due to teh fact of disc/rogue sucking while shadow/rogue rapes( to an extent for both). but one of my main issues is i get focused and cant do anything. i just get rocked. i have 1k resil,~27-28k buffed HP, but still jus get PUMPED, am i not playing defensively enough? should i be healing alot? is it partially my rogue partners fault for not peeling off me?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=holyhordie armory link

yes, as i said i was disc so i have SOME gear to replace,legs, belt, bracers, and furious,bought 2 relentless ass disc, is 2 set worth it?

any gameplay/gear advice is helpful/appreciated

Re: SPRIEST/ROGUE arena 2v2

Well, I'm not sure what rating you're playing at but here's my armory, I'll update it to pvp gear once servers come back online

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndrius&cn=Ttam, my spec is one I'd use for Sp/R in Satin gear

Your haste seems a bit low but I'm sure that will go up with gear. The issue could well be your rogue not peeling, since normally, at least how we play it is that anything that goes on me melee wise we go on (Normally if a DK gets on me without us getting his pally to bubble in the sap we lose anyway). Might need to make a better choice on your targets and make sure you get the sap since it is game breaking. To be honest majority of Shadowpriest/Rogue play comes from timing.. which mostly is on the rogues part, if he can get saps off blinds or saps off fears even (My rogues done it a few times, pretty epic) You'll do great.. all your job is is to silence something defensively or offensively.. I normally use PH offensively since my rogue has prep glyph so disarm is ez.

What comps are you having difficulty with ? I'll try to tell you how we go about it.

currently have issues with... well all 2 dps teams, and melee, my rogue usually calsl out target, i fear, start doing dmg to other target, shield myself when possible, but usually dont heal, in this combo im supposed to burst/cc correct? teh sap is sometimes hard to get( they charge or get rogue out of stealth with a gay Dnd/flare or aoe) which usually= a loss. how defensive do u play and how much do u generally heal?

against healer/dps you shouldn't get much dmg.
    sap the healer and rogue opens and stuns the dps = 0 dmg for you.
    run to the healer und when sap runs of fear him.
    if the dps is a melee he shouldn't reach you thanks to the poisons so he will dmg your rogue who has to use his defense cd's and should get a new shield.
    if the dps is a caster he get's kicks on cd's but you will get some dmg but nothing that shield's can't handle.
    the healer will trinket your fear you silence him and until silence is off the dps is dead.
    WIN !
    against a double dps team sap the range/caster and open on the melee. if they are two melees pick one.
    stuns and poisons will keep him away and the rogue get's dmg.
    fear the saped one and if he trinkets disarm/silence him. other dps should be dead. rogue can restealth and open on the other melee.
    WIN !

if you play against a beastcleave try to get a sap on one of them.(hard to do because of the flare but possible)
    if he trinkets the sap blind/disarm him and kill the other but most time against beastcleave you die when disperion is off.

that's the theory so you shouldn't get much dmg but your rogue will so be prepared to heal him.
    also try to get more hast i have around 800haste wearing 2 shadow pve set items and the leggs from rotface
    and try to get a solace because you will ran oom if you have to heal very fast

Deleted

Shadowpriest + Rogue is a double DPS comp and as such rely heavily on setup and coordination. While it is powerful for sure, it's far from easy, especially if your not used to the play-style.

The comp relies heavily on the setup which is mostly down to the Rogue. He must get a sap and ideally manage to pin down the target well inside your LoS.

And since Shadowpriests are subject to getting stomped you also need good gear to be successful. 1200 Resilience is the minimum you want to be rocking.

Playing a Warrior / Paladin comp would ideally work like this: Rogue Saps Paladin, SP purge-spams Warrior, Rogue pins down Warrior while you both unload on him. You prevent Shieldwall by disarming him. When Sap ends you fear the pally, then follow up with a Silence, a Psychic Horror and then a Blind. The Warrior should be dead by then.

There aren't many Shadowpriest + Rogue videos on Warcraft movies atm, but you can still watch some footage from Burning Crusade as the essential tactics haven't changed much.

For more details about play-style and tactics visit the PvP section of shadowpriest.com

ah k ty, from what im seeing, 90% of the game relies on the rogue peeling off me, i should try to CC'silence when i can on healer and take down DPS, make sure we dont choose the healer to burst down unless we can CC the DPS, andmake sure we train who tries to kill me basically

edit: use resil PvP trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr
    currently have issues with... well all 2 dps teams, and melee, my rogue usually calsl out target, i fear, start doing dmg to other target, shield myself when possible, but usually dont heal, in this combo im supposed to burst/cc correct? teh sap is sometimes hard to get( they charge or get rogue out of stealth with a gay Dnd/flare or aoe) which usually= a loss. how defensive do u play and how much do u generally heal?
    give your rogue a shield at the begining so he can walk through dnd and consecration.
    it's very important that you stay behind until the rogue got a sap.

Tell your rogue to drop the hit gem in his chest in favour of 40ap, change his meta to relentless earthsiege.

In addition, remind him that he will quite often to be able to get off clean vanishes when you shield him, communicate cooldowns in order to score a kill, blind --> fear --> silence --> psychic horror for example :P

Half man, Half amazin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr
    You should try to save fear for when you actually need it, either on a kill attempt or defensively, since not having any self peels will result in death. Double dps teams its imperative for a sap, even if that means you going to the back of the room and waiting (On RoV is the only time you should run in and aoe fear at the start, and try to get a sap off of the fear.

Most games against most healer/dps teams (I'll use warr/hpala, since we counter it for an example)

Sap Hpala
    Dispel SAcrifice off of warrior
    Open on warrior
    Blind paladin
    Silence over trinket
    MD bubble, Psychic horror pally, run over and fear
    Rogue disarms so warrior ca't shield wal
    I fiend, and fear ward my fiend.
    Most warriors fear here, but my rogue can trinket it and I have fear ward on my fiend
    The pally is out of the fight at this point in time since he is trying to keep his warrior topped off.
    Normally this turtles on for around 20 seconds when I fear the pally and the warrior goes down.

If we don't get the sap it takes a bit longer to get pressure out but still easily doable. If you get what i mean from this I try to hold out my CDs until they can be used at prime times, and we try to wait for DR before fearing (Sometimes it doesn't happen, and doesn't matter at times too)

Against Priest/Rogue (I'd assume you have difficulty with this)

We've found a good way to overcome this, I sit back and get sapped, my rogue waits for the priest to get near me then saps him, preventing dispels onto me. I come out of sap first and the opposition rogue opens on me, in which my rogue re-saps his priest runs over and CS just before KS, then I fade get distance and spam dispel to get rid of fear ward on whatever target it is on. The second I see penance channeled I Silence the priest interrupting it and we tunnel the rogue, once cloak is down we win. Fear ward on rogue at start, fiend when opposing priests fear is on cD.

The ideal situation for this comp is to run up get the sap fully dispel the priest and open on him trying to get their rogue onto yours, since then you have free range to cast and you're a lot more deadly than a rogue when left alone (If you get this situation its normally best to train the priest, try switching to rogue and getting dots on him when able to try and force cloak or defensive CDs, If cloak is blown and rogue has no trinket go on him right away, we normally go on him once his trinket is down but cloak is to be safe and it begins same scenario as the first way and you really can't lose this from here minus some RNG) I break out to heal whenever my rogue gets Kidney shotted.

Still figuring out how to beat Disc/Mage (Atm we sap mage and try to gib priest, if we can't gib in that time frame it doesn't matter if I SW a poly, we're still going to lose vs a decent one.

Deleted

- Lose the stam gems
    - get spellpen cloak enchant
    - Get the resil pvp trinket the wg trinket sucks nowadays
    - Use focus macros for disarm/silence and stuff if ur not doing that already

Play Defensive just make sure to get the saps off ,what i used to do was wait in the waiting room and shield PoM/renew myself mount up and wait until my rogue was close enough to get that sap off. and then pressure them hard call out the silence / fear / disarm / blind on Skype or vent w/e ur using. If your rogue is able to vanish he could give someone a full resap after a blind. this will not work in the most sitiuations since they will most likely trinket the blinds and sit out the fears/disarm stuns

When you are low hp your rogue should control the other team with gouge and stuff so you can heal yourself to full hp and basicly reset the fight
    If you rogue drops low hp just try to get a dubble fear and then pillar hump and heal your rogue full hp.

Also browse around on arenajunkies forums you might find some guides to choose the right targets. also i would recommend you watching streams of Spriest rogue to get a better view on how you need to play

Personally i hate playing Spriest rogue so i play disc/rogue and we still got 2k in 2s fairly simple so i cant really say that disc sucks nowadays

Just hope to meet alot of war/hpala setups since they cannot win against you no matter how many fuck-ups you make just type /tunnelvisionwarrior in chat for victory!