Rets Building TaiaJ proc question

So a rogue friend of mine asked me the question of how rets build the Tiny Abom in a Jar faster then a duel weilding rogue? This conversation started pretty much by me explaining how a ret pally should properly use Shadowmourne by canceling the buff you get from it. So yea post why rets do build it faster than rogues when i would think rogues would build it faster then rets but it seems rets do indeed build it faster...

Deleted

Re: Rets Building TaiaJ proc question

rets just have much more abilities that proc a mote.

we have:
    melee
    CS
    DS
    judgement
    seal
    righteous vengeance
    holy vengeance refresh

and maybe some other things.

rogues just have melee and offhand swings, specials and poisons.

10+ Year Old Account

Depends are we talking about Trash/Multiple Targets??

Cause each DS has a chance for every hit to build up a mote! So best bet is 4 motes with one DS.

Single target Rogues should be faster ... maybe someone else could explain.

I think it has something to do with the Rets Spells/Attacks cause they all can procc a mote.

Edit: Nzall was faster ^^ but thats what i was thinking about -.-

Ret is by far faster. And our procs hit harder.

Rogues proc off their weapon swings and specials, to my knowledge poisons no longer proc them. (Either that, or the proc doesn't proc a poison anymore... can't remember).

Rets have a number of 'hidden' weapon attacks that can proc them.

Melee
    Seal
    SoV Dot application
    Vindication
    Judgement
    Heart of the Crusader
    Judgement effect
    Specials

What this means is each melee swing can proc 3 motes.
    I've seen Judgements proc 5.

I can do ~15k dps on Festergut; more if I get a little lucky. Abom procs represent ~3.5% damage done.

The -BIGGEST- upside to ret tho, is that each abom proc also procs a seal. So that 3.5% damage (60+ procs) means 60 more seal procs of damage done.

Abom is far more beneficial in the hands of a ret than a rogue; but it is still close to BiS for both classes if I remember correctly. So the argument is really... which could benefit a raid more if only one could get it at once. In that case, a ret is undeniably a bigger upgrade. But again, it's a BiS or near BiS for both.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    Rogues proc off their weapon swings and specials, to my knowledge poisons no longer proc them. (Either that, or the proc doesn't proc a poison anymore... can't remember).
    This is correct. When the proc nerf happened, motes were no longer gained from poisons. However, motes are still gained from all of our attacks, many of our debuffs, and the refreshing of some of our DoTs.
    3-4 motes in a single swing is common for a ret. Thats why we stack so fast.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD