Looking for help and advice.

Hi there. My friend and I are having troubles to pass over 1550 rating. First of, I'll try to explain the situation, which is weird. My main is a feral druid, I gotta say honestly I play him really well. His char is an arms warrior. We both can only play at high late night hours because of studies and job. We also know 2vs2 is a broken bracket, but playing at that time is almost impossible to find a healer to play 3vs3. So we were talking what could we do, and we decided a weird thing. We respecc my druid to Insect-Resto druid and he plays it, and I play his warrior. I gotta say in a single week he has mastered my druid in an awesome way, and I haven't mastered his warrior but I play pretty well. (Reason? I hate healing, and he didn't want me to do it).

That said, we have a nice win ratio, but when we face groups with rogues we can't do almost anything (and I 2vs2 in our BG 75% of the teams have a rogue in it).

- Rogue+Priest: When the rogue decides to attack my druid we managed him pretty well and we always win. But when he decides to attack me it's a nightmare. Mortal strike on autoattack and 70% snared and I'm stuck with him forever. He is almost unhittable, he dodges a lot (specially during both Evasions) and Overpower is not enough when you can't place a Mortal Strike on him. Additionally he does a LOT of damage, envenom hits really hard, and of course, my druid has to heal me nonstop while the priest burns his mana down in a few secs...

- Rogue+Mage: All I can do in this match is watch. I'm permanently in frost nova/sheep and if I trinket them then the rogue blinds me... And, of course, if I bladestorm I get countered by Dismantle or Ice Block. This group desperates me because I can't do anything

- Rogue+Boomkin: Starfall burst damage is absurd and insane. My druid always try to cyclone him but boomkins usually plays with a rogue (blind) or an elemental (the big bang did less burst damage than this combo XD). Even if we manage to counter them, then again starfall + dismantle and I'm sold, because I cannot go defensive and pop Shield Wall.

- Rogue+Retribution: They attack me, my druid gets out of stealth to heal me -> Druid dies instantly.

- Elementals (in general): They kite me forever + insane nonstop burst damage. This is what I try to do: Charge+Hamstring -> Thunderfuck -> Intercept+Rend -> Rooted by Earthbind Totem + snared -> He starts casting, I pop Spell Reflect -> Purge on me, Spell Reflect fucked -> Another try for Charge -> Again Earthbind... and so on... I could try to Bladestorm him but it's a wasted CD if you can't place Hamstring and Mortal Strike on him before. And if I decide to Bladestorm him I can't catch him because even if he's hamstringed he uses Ghost Wolf.

So... if you guys could give us any advice with these teams, or any advice in general so we can improve would be really really appreciated.
    Thanks a lot

PD: we're both full relentless with coleric off-set + 251weapon from icc10.

Re: Looking for help and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao
    - Rogue+Priest: When the rogue decides to attack my druid we managed him pretty well and we always win. But when he decides to attack me it's a nightmare.
    This is a tricky one for you, but I think your best bet is to abuse cyclones on the rogue to keep you mobile (combined with abolish poison), and you stick on the priest (they are very immobile, a hamstring should be good to keep you on while rogue is cc'd). When cyclone is on DR, just go defensive and take the beating. You'll have to eat the damage while the rogue is CoS'd as well, but this should keep you fairly mobile. And ONLY bladestorm when the rogue's trinket is down and he's in a full cyclone.

- Rogue+Mage: All I can do in this match is watch.
    Your druid should be coming out prehotting against most double-dps teams, and for this team, he needs to be able to run away very effectively through travel form/abolish poison/nature's grasp. The mage should never get a good LoS on him and the rogue shouldn't be able to stick on him at all. You just sit cc's till the DR is up and then go to town on one of them (probably mage to force iceblock, since rogues are dodgy), again only skillstorm when the rogue is in full CC. once you outlast their DR's and burst (and possible reset), you should be okay.

- Rogue+Boomkin: Starfall burst damage is absurd and insane.
    Prehotting will help a lot (again, come out prehotting for most/all double-damage teams). That plus try to spell reflect any pressure on you and stun/cc/etc that druid until it's over. Then just beat him up. (same skillspin+rogue rule, get a cyclone on him)

- Rogue+Retribution: They attack me, my druid gets out of stealth to heal me -> Druid dies instantly.
    Again, druid should be prehotting, especially against dps paladins. They're super bursty. Prehotting plus mad kiting from your druid should be enough to annoy this team while you beat one up. (same rule for skillspinning and rogues applies, get him in a cyclone)
    - Elementals (in general): They kite me forever + insane nonstop burst damage.
    This will be tricky without a defensive dispel to keep flameshock off. I think your best bet is to get on the ele's partner while your druid cyclones the shaman as much as possible. When clone is on DR, switch it up and pressure the shaman, keeping an eye out for stuff you need to spell reflect (lava burst comes to mind..)

The other option is to not open with a charge and save both for getting back on him post-thunderfuck and when he goes wolf. Just ride your mount over to him at the start and hit bloodrage to get the rage you need. I would generally use skillspin on his partner, since you're right, it is a little tricky to stick on a ghost wolf. This depends on who he's running with. (if Affli lock, try to ballerina-death-twirl him while you're near his portal, so if he ports he's still nearby)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    GC looks healthy and kipper in this interview. Look's like he's been taking his multivitamins. Good for him.

You cannot wonder how much I appreciate these advices. We never thought about prehotting, it seems a good idea but... what if they suddenly change their focus at the beggining of the fight? Isn't it a bit risky?

the time it takes for them to cross the map (except ring of valor) is plenty of time to at least get a regrowth+rejuv on both of you. On ring of valor, I'd be prehotting EVERY time, since by the time you know what your opponent is, you have maybe 5 seconds to react, decide your strategy, shift from stealth to tree, and get hots up on both of you. which is a stretch.

By prehotting I mean, the moment you come out the door, look at Gladius (you should be using this addon), and say, "okay is there a healer there?" If the answer is "no," your druid should be unstealthed and stacking hots on both of you immediately. If there's a stealthed opponent, check the buffs on the unstealthed opponent to see if you need to prehot (motw? thorns? leader of the pack? arcane intellect?).

By prehotting I DON'T mean, "okay toss a rejuv on me right before i charge in there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    GC looks healthy and kipper in this interview. Look's like he's been taking his multivitamins. Good for him.