Battlegrounds: Brackets

If we encounter a mob during questing or fight an ally/horde enemy that is 10 levels higher, a quick death usually follows.

So why does blizzard make battleground brackets in 10's (10-19, 20-29, so on)? If you enter a BG at level 10, you are bait for all the hunters and rogues, no fun.

I think a good change to the BG's would be to create brackets in the 5's (10-15, 16-20, so on), so its at least a fighting chance exist. I think this change would bring more of the casual into BG's and stay rather than try it once after being pawned.

I know the usual responses will be: "do not pvp at level 10, level up then go in at 15 or higher".

That is my point, break the brackets into 5's and you can pvp all the time. What say you all????

Re: Battlegrounds: Brackets

there really shouldn't be brackets before lvl 30 imo. autoattack pvp can't be fun. i mean i twinked a little on my rogue while i was lvling him up, and what you have at your disposal at those very early lvls is so limited. at least when you're playing in like a lvl 50's, or 60's bracket its like you're playing in past seasons, but those low lvls can't be that fun.

and yeah it sux being gray/green to the lvl x9's but when you get to x9 you can dominate that much more in that bracket, which i think is half the fun for a lot of lowbie pvp's. i almost wanted to keep my rogue at 59/69, but it got boring after so long and just lvl'd him to x0.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Israfiael
    If we encounter a mob during questing or fight an ally/horde enemy that is 10 levels higher, a quick death usually follows.

So why does blizzard make battleground brackets in 10's (10-19, 20-29, so on)? If you enter a BG at level 10, you are bait for all the hunters and rogues, no fun.

I think a good change to the BG's would be to create brackets in the 5's (10-15, 16-20, so on), so its at least a fighting chance exist. I think this change would bring more of the casual into BG's and stay rather than try it once after being pawned.

I know the usual responses will be: "do not pvp at level 10, level up then go in at 15 or higher".

That is my point, break the brackets into 5's and you can pvp all the time. What say you all????
    The lvl 15 will still stomp the lvl 10. But mostly it is because the queue will go from 15-20 minutes on most servers to 40-60 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Spurmwhale, I agree that the level 15 would defeat the level 10, but he might take enough damage, where another level 10 can finish him off.

Also, if queue times are a problem; then offer rewards similar to completing a dungeon. Some restrictions should apply, such as, the teams must have started at least with 10 players on each side.

Some battlegrounds are longer than some dungeons out there.

Yes, get pawned at 10 and dominate at 19, is rather fun when you are the one doing the dominating...

The bracket's are there so everyone can play. If they removed the brackets, then people would whine, and QQ.
    That's why my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

It's good the way it is.
    If you don't like being 10 and getting owned by level 19, just don't pvp until you're 19.
    It's the usual response for some reason.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Israfiael
    Also, if queue times are a problem; then offer rewards similar to completing a dungeon. Some restrictions should apply, such as, the teams must have started at least with 10 players on each side.
    I don't think the issue is with rewards, its just that on most BGs during the day, you simply don't have that many people within those ranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.