Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    all i can say is Nom Nom Nom

Was hoping for a few more interesting talents in other trees that we would have the option of going after. Was playing around with a balance build and pretty much threw like my last 8 or so points in whatever was leftover in the balance tree because there is really nothing outside of the ~13 or so resto points that we need for omen/master shapeshifter for us to take.

Quote Originally Posted by saus View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Improved Tree of Life (3 points) - Requires 1 point in Tree of Life - Reduces the cooldown of your Tree of Life by 30/60/90 seconds, and increases your damage done while in Tree of Life by 5/10/15%.

Increase damage done? Typo or something? Makes more sense if it was healing done.
    Yea, I am confused about this too. The only logical thought would be that it is for PvP pourposes, but can't you not cast damaging spells while in tree of life? I am also dissapointed about the new CD Tree of Life in the first place, and 50% movement speed reduction...

There is seriously way too much whining about the ToL change it was never intended ot be a permanet shapeshift but people started "abuseing" (for lack of a better word) do they took off the movement Penety IT HAD ORIGINALLY. I started late BC and I got to 70 when they still had the movement penelty it sucked but oh well it's part of the game if you don't like to go resto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Yea, I am confused about this too. The only logical thought would be that it is for PvP pourposes, but can't you not cast damaging spells while in tree of life? I am also dissapointed about the new CD Tree of Life in the first place, and 50% movement speed reduction...
    You have the answer to your question right there in your own QQ:

ToL gets it's restriction on DPS'ing lifted and will even get a buff to wrath (along with wtfpwn healing) while in that form. To offset this and to prevent ToL from being completely OP for PvP they offset it with reinstaing the movement reduction.

A lot of QQ here along the lines of "Nice that we get some awesome buffs but WHY ALSO SOME NERFS omg QQ".

Guys try to understand this:

The game has to remain reasonably balanced. IF YOU GET BUFFS YOU ALSO HAVE TO GET NERFS.

Personally I like the way they are making ToL into a CD with some nice effects. Resto druids need more CDs in PvE, as Priest and Pala have had tons. If you put ToL on a cooldown it must obviously be buffed while up. If it is buffed while it is up, PvP balance (sensitive for anything that spells "burst") demands that it is offset somehow in a way that mainly effects PvP (hence the movement reduction). Live with it.

The best resto build I came up with so far is this: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=QsP2gEqcbyo5.9dw.druid
    The points in perseverance are just fillers. I dislike the idea of having to go into balance further just for dreamstate. Also, a cooldown on ToL is fine. The thing I have against it, is that it is 5 minutes. That means you only get to use it once per bossfight. I'd rather see it brought back to 3 minutes (2 minutes with talents) so you can use it, with a WotLK example, every time Festergut casts purgent blight. Also, what's the point in Fury of Stormrage? I alsmost HAVE to get it to get to 51 points, but it's not such a usefull talent for pve. You have to take quite a lot of pvp talents to fill the resto tree in my opinion.
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ up: You no need to spend that point in Fury to get 51 points, u have already 63 in resto tree.

As a PVP moonkin druid I am worried about:

"While in this (Moonkin)form the armor contribution from items is increased by 120%". That's a huge armour reduction - moonkins will get slaughtered by melee. I'm hoping for a typo there.

(And I'm also hoping that we don't go 'oom' so often in arenas too).

But I do look forward to trying out the new talents and spells-seems cool.
    I'm merely offerring feedback, not QQ.
    Last edited by Tone; 2010-06-11 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhelsen View Post
    @ up: You no need to spend that point in Fury to get 51 points, u have already 63 in resto tree.
    Fair enough, you dont need to spend them there to get 51 points, what I meant was that after I've put points in every good talent in the tree, I have a few leftovers. The general idea behind cataclysm talents is that you have some extra points which you can put in less-than-mandatory talents. The thing is that after you've taken about everything good for a pve resto druid you have 7-8 points left which you can only spend in pvp/balance stuff. That's what I find to be a bit annoying.
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

Deleted
    I do have a question though. Since pulverize is replaced with Primal Gore (Rip and Lacerate can crit) will the bleeds being able to crit be a learned ability or will it be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha View Post
    I do have a question though. Since pulverize is replaced with Primal Gore (Rip and Lacerate can crit) will the bleeds being able to crit be a learned ability or will it be removed?
    From what I've interpreted from blue posts, all dots will benefit from crit and haste, no talents needed.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Druid Cataclysm Talent Preview

Tier 9

>> Tree of Life (1 point) - Requires 5 points in Empowered Rejuvenation - Shapeshift into the tree of Life, increasing healing done by 15% and increasing your armor by 240%, but reducing your movement speed by 50%. In addition, some of your spells are temporarly enhanced while shapeshifted. Lasts 45 seconds. 5-minute cooldown. Enhanced spells: Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth, Entangling Roots, Thorns, Wrath

>> Improved Tree of Life (3 points) - Requires 1 point in Tree of Life - Reduces the cooldown of your Tree of Life by 30/60/90 seconds, and increases your damage done while in Tree of Life by 5/10/15%.

========================================================================================== ==================

MY comment, I love being in tree form. The only reason i have a druid is to heal, and i think its sweet to be in Tree Form.
    Personally, i will most likely re-roll a different class now. The whole reason there doing it is to nurff the Resto Druids for a currently OP class. Taking away something that make the class unique and more like the other class's takes away the fun of them.

The whole "Giving up healing to do damage works okay. Giving up everything to heal is lame." is a JOKE.

If that were the case no one would want HEAL as a Druid. Even so, would it just not make sense to give Resto Druids a attack that they could use in Tree of Life Form. Cause casting Wraith "Balance attack" will not be fun!
    You cannot heal in bear, moonkin, or cat. You can not melee with the right spells in Bear, or moonkin. You cannot taunt or use any tanking abilities in cat or moonkin. And you cannot cats spells in cat or bear.

Saying giving up dpsing for healing is lame. You don’t have to stay in tree in pvp. Buff druid spells and nurf tree armor if your worried about that. If your worried about being out of Tree in raids to dps you have a problem.

In my opinion DON'T take away the from, Nerf it/Change it, DON'T turn it into a Useless Cooldown
    How do you Nerf a class without making them overly angry? You say “we want to help you, make the game more fun, though with that your heals may take a bit of a hit”.

aka, when i heal, i'm not looking at my bars for when i can hit my trinkets or cooldowns. I'm looking at the raid for who needs a heal. If i need to look at my bars people die! more or less a passive ability is greater then a press me.

When you roll a druid, you roll it knowing you will be in a Shifted form. That is the lore of a druid. That’s what we are supposed to do. You don't roll a druid thinking, I’m going to stay in human form.

As for the "Resto Druids didn't originally have Tree of Life Form, So whatever was appealing about Druids back when Tree of Life didn't exist" >>> well Sorry I didn't play wow Back then, and if i did, well i guess THEY wouldnt have been Appealing to me!

USELESS: having no beneficial use or incapable of functioning usefully
    JOKE: a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...es_400x300.jpg
    Last edited by scribbles; 2010-06-12 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
    Druid Cataclysm Talent Preview
    So, you want to sit in tree form even if it gives you 0 benefit?

Yeah, I am never in tree form outside of a raid, and in a raid I break it a lot because I can't do shit in form. Very welcome change (read: buff)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    So, you want to sit in tree form even if it gives you 0 benefit?

Yeah, I am never in tree form outside of a raid, and in a raid I break it a lot because I can't do shit in form. Very welcome change (read: buff)
    YUP, not only that _ raid utilization there great to see in 25 man raids. "Every One Stack on the Tree"
    Not every thing has to be about stats, and numbers.

The only other problems i had with Druids Before, were there forms.
    A. I felt that the Travel Form need a speed boast
    B. I felt Aquatic Form needed to be like the turtle mount, move fast in water and on land move really slow, that it wouldn't take you out of form when you jumped out of the water.
    Last edited by scribbles; 2010-06-12 at 06:15 PM.

well, i guess they are trying to bring back restokin

i mean, it looks like a possibility
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
    MY comment, I am angry and almost incoherent
    Fixt.

Now, please, for those of us who can't read spittle, tell us again SLOWLY what your argument is?

Thanks blizz for making it easy for me to decide on whether or not to continue playing. The ToL was a nerf from the beginning no matter how you want to make it sound. Deactivate account buy an Xbox 360 and wait for Final Fantasy or Star Wars to come out. Sad you had to to take the best spec of a druid and ruin it.

Is it worse than that, even?

Lasts 45 seconds. 5-minute cooldown.
    The shapeshift only lasts 45 seconds? With a 5min cooldown? (ok, improved reduces this by 90 seconds, but that's still bad if you normally do all your healing in tree. Please tell me I'm misreading this, if I'm not, I'll probably change spec.

Feral dps doesn't get the same treatment as rogues with changing targets. Would like to see some ability that allows cats to dump all their dots on a different target for X seconds. Fairly boring changes imo

Cool stuf