Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Thanks!

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 05:03 AM ----------

If speccing into an offensive disc spec, should you ever really be casting any shadow spells? (other than when locked out of holy spells)

If you think about the current content, different boss fights have different healer demands. In ICC10 there were some fights that could easily be handled with 2 healers and others that absolutely needed 3. Having such a hybrid spec would allow a lot of versatility midfight depending on the demands of an encounter.

Right now, even though some of the talents seem very Disc focused, I think heavy Holy with PWB and Archangel is by far the strongest mix of all the damage talents, PWB, and all Holy tools.

It seems like they're setting up raid healing to be more bursty, rather than steady spamming. ToL has a CD, all healers seem to be gaining damage capacity, and many healers are getting boosts to low damage targets.

I wonder how long the cooldown on Archangel will be? If it lasts 18 seconds on a one minute cooldown or so, that would be really great, and means you would end up reagining 9%-15% of your total mana back over a short boss fight if you use it on cooldown too. I have to say I am quite excited about this change/possible talent spec, I will definitely be going Discipline as my healer spec if it goes ahead as planned.

God, stop trying to theorycraft about talents that aren't even confirmed yet. We aren't even in the frikin' beta yet ><

Penance while moving.. Its like i could HS while i bubble!! ...O' Wait..

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wanted healing to be more fun. Looks like this is their solution: get rewarded for DPSing as a healer. I like that idea.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lenea View Post
    I'd imagine you would mostly have to focus on one thing or the other, but maybe there'd be fights where you can start by dpsing the boss when there's little damage going on, then switch to healing through some spike damage, then bubbling the raid to prepare for a big aoe, then off to burst dps some adds down... it all depends on how Blizzard want to go with this and how they design the fights.
    I hoped for a similar design for Wotlk when I saw the beta talents. (Switching roles midfight) It didn't happen unfortunately. The only place where my healer's dps was actually meaningful was XT hard heart phase. I'd not consider that short burst a role switch anyway.
    Last edited by Zka; 2010-06-22 at 07:19 AM.

i personaly think that with Cata Bliz are focusing more on world PVP, this could be a way of helping the healers along abit. i dont think the talents themelves are finalized however, but they need to incorparate healing with the DPS without making it the same as Chackra.

i have my fingers crossed that we can still heal effectivly, but also gain the DPS (for PVP only though please) HM's are hard enough without the dps bitching that my damage isnt high enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think something like that could be a Disc PvE Build...with some Dmg-Output: get searing light, divine fury,divine accuracy, improved healing and spirit in the holy tree (22 points) and then down to penance in the disc tree (54 points: all of the dmg-boost talents included) i would like to post the link to the tree...but i´m not allowed at the moment

a pure holy dps specc would be: down to chakra in the holy tree (15% more dmg with holy AND shadow spells...so yes, sw and dp get buffed, when chakra is active) and get power infusion and all dmg-talents out of the disc tree. the problem will be: no (final) masteries...and thats the main reason, why this specc will not be close to other dps-classes in the raid content...but lets look at the first set boni...and we will see, if blizzard will support a holy-dps spec.

PS: My first MMO-Post...yeah!
    Last edited by curse; 2010-06-23 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    God, stop trying to theorycraft about talents that aren't even confirmed yet. We aren't even in the frikin' beta yet ><
    No.

If you don't want people to discuss the talents which are not in the game yet, then maybe you can try not clicking on the forum topics about talents that are not in the game yet. And if people are not supposed to give feedback about the proposed talent trees, perhaps you could explain why they have released them and asked for feedback on them?

Quote Originally Posted by curse View Post
    I think something like that could be a Disc PvE Build...with some Dmg-Output: get searing light, divine fury,divine accuracy, improved healing and spirit in the holy tree (22 points) and then down to penance in the disc tree (54 points: all of the dmg-boost talents included) i would like to post the link to the tree...but i´m not allowed at the moment

a pure holy dps specc would be: down to chakra in the holy tree (15% more dmg with holy AND shadow spells...so yes, sw and dp get buffed, when chakra is active) and get power infusion and all dmg-talents out of the disc tree. the problem will be: no (final) masteries...and thats the main reason, why this specc will not be close to other dps-classes in the raid content...but lets look at the first set boni...and we will see, if blizzard will support a holy-dps spec.

PS: My first MMO-Post...yeah!
    A holy or Disc "DPS spec" will never be viable (meaning, you're only in a group to DPS). You will always want to heal well but be able to do decent damage. So a non-mastery spec will never be an option. As it stands right now, I think a deep holy spec with the Disc DPS talents is the best choice. You get Chakra and you get better Holy Nova spam, which could be decent AOE damage.

I love Disc currently but I'm largely underwhelmed by the Disc changes so far, since you can easily get PWB as holy. Holy is coming out far superior but we'll see.