Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    Man... I am so getting tired of the World of Warcraft Community. The Shadow Talent Tree is half-assed for a reason. This is what they have changed so far to get the Priest class PLAYABLE ON ALPHA. Notice I did not use the word BETA, instead I used ALPHA. ALPHA is before BETA. Which means it is was earlier in development and completely subject to change.

Blizzard should just NDA everything until the day before patch/expansion to save themsevles from blowhard whiners who will find anything and everything to whine about without using any means of logic in trying to understand why things are currently not the way their whiney little asses want them.
    What would the fun in that be? Moaning and whining about changes or commenting on the moaning and whining is part of the MMO hobby. It just wouldn't be the same without it.
    Listen to some nice relaxing J-pop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skLSJG7cHe0 and do embarrassing dances. You aren't really listening to J-pop unless you're up, out of your chair, making an utter fool of yourself; by skipping and bouncing around gleefully, while waving your hands around like you went to school on the short bus..

Quote Originally Posted by Chell82 View Post
    Just a thing i`m concerned with i don`t know if it has been mentioned before since i didn`t bother going through all the posts but the thing im not happy with is the conversion of spirit in2 hit... more exactly the low percentage of conversion ...
    i mean take boomkins for example ... they get a 4% hit plus another 100% spirit converted to hit rating ... since there`s no longer a spirit buff and adding to that the xtra 5 lvls they`ll be getting , thats gonna be around 200 hit rating ez which frees spot for 2 possibly 3 pieces of gear to be used with crit / haste ... whereas we have.... what 20% spirit converted to hit.

Just think its lol cause we`ll probly gonna end up with another 2 pieces of hit gear as compared to the situation right now where as other classes will be able to drop a lot of theirs
    There won't be leather caster gear with +hit on, hence the need for better rates of conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexio View Post
    There won't be leather caster gear with +hit on, hence the need for better rates of conversion.
    Wrong, wrong and once again wrong. It's all about the Item Budget.

Spirit will be equal among all types of gear, even the meditation % is equal among all healers.
    Shamans and Druids get a 100% conversion and an additional 4% from talents. Therefore you can follow that Spirit is near equal to Hitrating in Item Budget.
    But with an equal Item Budget for Spirit and Hit Rating a 20% conversion reduces the value of spirit to 1/5th of pure hit rating. This equals useless. You will never Gear Spirit with a 20% conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    I remember some blue said that pure casters would only have 150% damage for critical hits with spells, and that 200% critical damage spells was something for hybrids, I guess they meant paladin and deathknights spell damage which is 200% nowadays actually, no clue if they will give enhancement shamans 200% spell crits baseline aswell
    Actually, they said that Pure DPS Casters will have 200% crit with their skills without having to talent into it, while hybrids will have talents for it since we can have other specs which don't need 200% damage crit modifiers such as healing. I'm pretty sure that's what it said, anyhow.

You only did the shadow tree =)

but um its a preview? its not official? duh its sloppy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus one of the main reasons was to get feedback so that they know what people like/don't like, suggestions, etc. Although I do think it's odd that they are still including talents like Darkness, it is just a preview (see the "Designer Notes" talent in the Shadow Priest and Resto Druid trees)
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Actually, they said that Pure DPS Casters will have 200% crit with their skills without having to talent into it, while hybrids will have talents for it since we can have other specs which don't need 200% damage crit modifiers such as healing. I'm pretty sure that's what it said, anyhow.
    Yes, you are correct, which suggests we're missing a talent to convert dots to 200% damage crit. The quick fix would make Shadow Power include all shadow spells.