10+ Year Old Account

Frostbolt Macro Problem

I'm playing Frost in both PVE and PVP ( Yes I raid as frost ). In arenas , I use a frostbolt macro so my Water Elemental start attacking my target , without putting him on Defensive. By doing this , My water elemental stays on Passive and only attacks my target so my Sheeps don't break. Here's the macro :

#showtooltip
    /cast Frostbolt
    /cast [@target] Waterbolt
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()

It works perfectly in PVP. Somehow , with my PVe spec , my Water Elemental is doing nothing. He stays on passive and doesn't attack at all. My pet's Waterbolt is the same spell as in pvp spec. The only thing is that my PVE spec got Eternal Water glyph ( Eternal water elemental with no frost nova ) but I don't think It's the problem. Can someone help me out ?

BTW , I use /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() because I hate red error messages in my screen : /

Re: Frostbolt Macro Problem

This is like the "is it plugged in?" technical assistance question:

did you put the macro on your PVE spec action bar?

Otherwise it should work... If not, maybe put him on defensive (shouldn't really be sheeping much in pve, so no harm in doing this)?

Not that I think it will solve your problem, but [@target] is futile to put there it's default behavior.

Deleted
    its coz if you SPAM a macro with /cast Waterbolt your water element will start to cast a frostbolt and when you spamm the macro it will recast a frostbolt. So if you spam the macro the water element will keep trying it cast and recast.

Hope you understand. my english sucks ><

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    This is like the "is it plugged in?" technical assistance question:

did you put the macro on your PVE spec action bar?

Otherwise it should work... If not, maybe put him on defensive (shouldn't really be sheeping much in pve, so no harm in doing this)?
    I think this is probably it.

try /use Waterbolt instead of /cast

and as said before, [@target] isnt really necessary
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, try /use instead. I'm running:

#showtooltip
    /cast Frostbolt
    /use Waterbolt

And I don't have any issue with him trying to restart casts or not cast at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Yeah, try /use instead. I'm running:

#showtooltip
    /cast Frostbolt
    /use Waterbolt

And I don't have any issue with him trying to restart casts or not cast at all.
    ^^This, didn't see it before since I was at work, but /use instead of /cast should work (at least that's my macro)

There isn't a simliar one for mirror images, is there? I know thay don't have a pet bar, but my rogue keeps telling me that they're breaking his blind.

Salkor - Blood Elf Mage (US Illidan)
    Bottom - Tauren Druid (US Altar of Storms)

Hunters; The special children amongst retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottom View Post
    There isn't a simliar one for mirror images, is there? I know thay don't have a pet bar, but my rogue keeps telling me that they're breaking his blind.
    Mirrors are useless. Don't use them if your partner isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Mirrors are useless. Don't use them if your partner isn't dead.
    This is so wrong.. Mirror images are insanely useful

And to answer the previous question the way you can change the target of your mirror images is if you have your water element up as well.. Press passive on your water element pet bar and then on the pet bar again press attack on the target you want your mirror images to switch too. It's not ideal but it's the only way atm
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kichirou View Post

And to answer the previous question the way you can change the target of your mirror images is if you have your water element up as well.. Press passive on your water element pet bar and then on the pet bar again press attack on the target you want your mirror images to switch too. It's not ideal but it's the only way atm
    or /petattack [@target] but i wouldnt put this into a frostbolt macro since you will run into the same problem as before by clipping your elementals waterbolt
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Kichirou View Post
    Yeah, breaking CC is SO USEFUL. Alright, they aren't useless, but 90% of the time they fuck things up more than they help. You can time them to not break your own CC, it's quite a bit different with other people's.