Thread: MM Hunter pet

Deleted

MM Hunter pet

What is the best pet for 25man raiding ICC as an MM hunter? A few people have told me when i gem for armor penetration to go for a wind serpent, as apparantly they benefit from ARP. Im atm using a wolf.

a wolf, without competition as MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im usibg wolf to maximize my dps in raids. I'm planning to experiment with a wasp which gives 10% armor debuff on target. Or maybe others already did, couod u then post the result here please?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

You aren't going to get any benefit from a pet's armor debuff in 25 man unless you don't have a rogue or warrior in your raid. It doesn't stack with sunder armor or expose armor.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are running 25mans then you more than likely won't have to worry about the debuffs on target because they will probably be covered. In this case get a wolf.

Also, I'm pretty sure you only bring a wasp if you don't have a druid putting Imp Faerie Fire up, not a rogue/warrior using expose/sunder.

Wasp stacks Faerie Fire, so if you don't have a druid it becomes useful, but you'll usually have a boomkin in a 25 man raid that also typically have imp. Faerie Fire.

Wolf is best, overall, Non-BM hunter pet for raiding. Wind serpent does nature damage, so IDK why you'd want to use it if you are stacking arpen...

no pets scale with ArP, when you stack ArP instead of Agi ur pet actually does LESS dmg, but you will do more (if ur not a moron that is).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    a wolf, without competition as MM.
    This and all the people below this post speak truth. It's wolf or nothing.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Wolf is still the best, with the AP buff, it makes your overall DPS the best.

If your raid DOES NOT have a druid tossing out Faerie Fire, bring a wasp. YOUR dps may look lower on spreadsheet/recount, but the overall raid's dps will go up much more than enough to justify the effort of bringing a non-wolf. 5% reduced armor is a pretty big debuff to be missing, so it's a very good idea to have that option available in your toolbox. YOUR dps may go down by 50-150dps, but your raid's will go up by 150+ per physical dps in the raid. In a typical 25man raid, you can expect FF/Sting to provide an additional 1k-5k+ depending on the dps output of your raid. I wouldn't be that surprised if FF/Sting was responsible for 10k+ extra dps in a fully BiS geared, melee heavy raid ^^

If your raid DOES have a druid tossing out FF, then bring a wolf. :-/ There just aren't any other pets that come close to the personal dps benefit provided by FH.

If you believe you are a master of timing AND play on a no-lag connection, you could try playing around with a Tallstrider >.> Last I checked, Dust Cloud works on the majority of raid bosses' big attacks, but it frequently requires split-second timing and spot-on situational awareness of you and your pet to pull off reliably. For example, being able to nullify Festergut's massive fart (Pungent Blight) pretty much trivializes the fight and reduces it to tank/spank for everyone other than you XD
    Last edited by deadman80; 2010-06-17 at 10:21 PM.