1. #1
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516

    Question Lagg every 3-4 seconds please help!

    Hi So so this is kinda strange my computer just got home from repair sense my Motherboard died on me.
    And now i get lagg spikes every 3-4 seconds and it's really annoying it happens mostly when I'm flying in northrend i don't have a problem in the vanilla zones.
    I cleaned the comp from dust like 2 days a go with a like 3 cans of air so there is like no dust in the fans etc.
    And all the fans are running good so i don't think its a over heating problem.
    As well i have all the new drivers that got released during the time my computer where being repaired.
    And i only have a few addons i tried to turn them all off but it didn't make a difference.
    As well i tried to put the graphic settings to low and it didn't make any difference ether.
    May by its my graphic card that's giving up on me i have a Radeon HD 2600 pro.
    If it is my graphics card that's starting to fail maybe some one of you know a good graphics card that's around the same performance as my current one.
    Maybe i little better for a decent price tag sense I'm a student i don't have that much cash.
    So may by some thing around 500-800 Swedish Kr i think that's 50-80 euro i might be wrong tho.
    My Motherboard have support for PCI Express x16 2.0 PCI Express 1x 2.0 and normal PCI 2.0 and i have 4GB of ram and a brand new Motherboard and a brand new hard drive.
    The power supply and the graphic card and 3 of the 4 1GB rams are the only parts that's kinda old the rest it brand new.

  2. #2
    Moderator Cilraaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    9,036
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Hi So so this is kinda strange my computer just got home from repair sense my Motherboard died on me.
    And now i get lagg spikes every 3-4 seconds and it's really annoying it happens mostly when I'm flying in northrend i don't have a problem in the vanilla zones.
    I cleaned the comp from dust like 2 days a go with a like 3 cans of air so there is like no dust in the fans etc.
    And all the fans are running good so i don't think its a over heating problem.
    As well i have all the new drivers that got released during the time my computer where being repaired.
    And i only have a few addons i tried to turn them all off but it didn't make a difference.
    As well i tried to put the graphic settings to low and it didn't make any difference ether.
    May by its my graphic card that's giving up on me i have a Radeon HD 2600 pro.
    If it is my graphics card that's starting to fail maybe some one of you know a good graphics card that's around the same performance as my current one.
    Maybe i little better for a decent price tag sense I'm a student i don't have that much cash.
    So may by some thing around 500-800 Swedish Kr i think that's 50-80 euro i might be wrong tho.
    My Motherboard have support for PCI Express x16 2.0 PCI Express 1x 2.0 and normal PCI 2.0 and i have 4GB of ram and a brand new Motherboard and a brand new hard drive.
    The power supply and the graphic card and 3 of the 4 1GB rams are the only parts that's kinda old the rest it brand new.
    1. Check your temps. Don't assume that because your fans are spinning, your temps are fine.
    2. You've upgraded your chipset and audio drivers, rather than just your video drivers?
    3. Have you updated your BIOS?
    4. What exactly did the repair guys do?

  3. #3
    Sounds like those repair guys did something other than reparing
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

  4. #4
    Go for a new GFX card maybe, you could even try reinstall windows, it might work

  5. #5
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    1. Check your temps. Don't assume that because your fans are spinning, your temps are fine.
    2. You've upgraded your chipset and audio drivers, rather than just your video drivers?
    3. Have you updated your BIOS?
    4. What exactly did the repair guys do?
    1. well atm my temps are around 50 Celsius on both my CPU and my graphics card but i have played wow for a few hours now tho the normal temp
    is around 40-47 on both the CPU and the graphics card
    2. well i have upgraded the Audio drivers not sure how to upgrade the chipset tho i only installed the nvidia chipset that i got with the CD for the motherboard
    3. well i have upgraded to the latest version with the online upgrade tool that i got with the motherboard CD so i think i have the latest bios
    4. They changed the motherboard and installed the necessary drivers

  6. #6
    Moderator Cilraaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    9,036
    1. Looks good.
    2. The newest chipset drivers would be on your motherboard manufacturer's website. If it's a pre-built, then it should be on their website.
    3. Looks good.
    4. I'm curious if they installed old chipset drivers or screwed something else up.

    Also, make sure that Folding@Home isn't installed in the background. If you or the techs re-installed video drivers and weren't paying attention, that can slip in sometimes and usually will cause a slight framerate hiccup every few seconds.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    1. Looks good.
    2. The newest chipset drivers would be on your motherboard manufacturer's website. If it's a pre-built, then it should be on their website.
    3. Looks good.
    4. I'm curious if they installed old chipset drivers or screwed something else up.

    Also, make sure that Folding@Home isn't installed in the background. If you or the techs re-installed video drivers and weren't paying attention, that can slip in sometimes and usually will cause a slight framerate hiccup every few seconds.
    well my motherboard is a ASUSTeK Computer INC. M3N78-VM (AM2) maybe you can help me find the latest chipset drivers? as well i have Folding@Home installed on my PC should i just uninstall it or what?

  8. #8
    Moderator Cilraaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    9,036
    If you don't use it, I'd uninstall it. Check to see if folding.exe is running in your process list first.

    As far as finding your drivers, what country are you in and what OS are you using?

  9. #9
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    If you don't use it, I'd uninstall it. Check to see if folding.exe is running in your process list first.

    As far as finding your drivers, what country are you in and what OS are you using?
    Well i don't know what it is any way and nope folding.exe is not running.
    And I'm from Sweden and I'm running windows vista Home premium 32bit.

  10. #10
    Moderator Cilraaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    9,036
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Well i don't know what it is any way and nope folding.exe is not running.
    And I'm from Sweden and I'm running windows vista Home premium 32bit.
    Folding@Home is a distributed computing platform. Basically, instead of building a huge supercomputer, the task is split between a bunch of smaller computers. People load the software on their computer and give up some of their CPU/GPU power (usually when idle) to help the cause. In Folding@Home's case, the cause is learning about folding proteins, which will help with the future of cancer treatments. SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) does something similar to process information gathered from space.

    In any case, I'd uninstall it to be safe.

    For your drivers, go here, select your OS, and download the latest chipset driver. There are also the latest audio drivers and a few motherboard utilities.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome RaZz0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Folding@Home is a distributed computing platform. Basically, instead of building a huge supercomputer, the task is split between a bunch of smaller computers. People load the software on their computer and give up some of their CPU/GPU power (usually when idle) to help the cause. In Folding@Home's case, the cause is learning about folding proteins, which will help with the future of cancer treatments. SETI (the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) does something similar to process information gathered from space.

    In any case, I'd uninstall it to be safe.

    For your drivers, go here, select your OS, and download the latest chipset driver. There are also the latest audio drivers and a few motherboard utilities.
    thx allot i still get some lagg but it isn't close to how bad it were be four thx so much!<3

  12. #12
    If nothing above works (And you didn't try reinstalling windows), try reinstalling WoW... it may have gotten corrupted or w/e
    if it doesent... gogo reinstall windows haah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •