Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cata Shaman Ghost Wolf

Am I reading this right? Will we be able to use GW indoors come cata??

"We're not sure what we'll do with Ancestral Swiftness. We made that talent before you could wolf indoors, so it may be less attractive now."

Omg yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, and since we have the talent points (at least as Restoration) then it will be very nice for raiding aswell.

they will most likely change ancestral swiftness or something but i like to be a doggie =P

It's about freaking time if you ask me. Ghost Wolf has been virtually pointless since they allowed you to buy mounts at lvl 20.
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    Awesome, and since we have the talent points (at least as Restoration) then it will be very nice for raiding aswell.
    I see it working for all specs really (I was going to get the 15% run buff but now with imp gw there is no point!)

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken
    It's about freaking time if you ask me. Ghost Wolf has been virtually pointless since they allowed you to buy mounts at lvl 20.
    lolwhat? imp gw is probably the greatest pvp skill ever

Hell yeah! Was about time!

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    lolwhat? imp gw is probably the greatest pvp skill ever
    LOLWHAT...shapeshift springs to mind right off the top, then roots, come to think of it, druids have alot of them fancy pvp spells. You forget, GW can be purged, which makes it pretty useless if who ever is chasing you down can purge magic =/

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    LOLWHAT...shapeshift springs to mind right off the top, then roots, come to think of it, druids have alot of them fancy pvp spells. You forget, GW can be purged, which makes it pretty useless if who ever is chasing you down can purge magic =/
    A) I think he meant for shamans.
    B) Something has got to counter it.

But anyway it is a pretty awesome PvP skill. I'm super excited to see it might be usable indoors. I've been whining about it for the past week (prior to the "read between the lines" announcement)
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    lol useless?

Even with someone who is going to spend his GCDs purging you, it's still a very, very, very powerful move for both closing distance and gaining it.

the only time i've ever wanted to use GW indoors was in WSG...there has never been a raid situation that required it. It could've helped on some fights, alot of fights, but there is no fight currently in the game where you need 40% movement speed to avoid something, encounters aren't designed in that mindset. Also you can't really attack while you're moving, for Ele this is a none issue since they need to stand still to cast but for Enh moving while attacking is much more preferred than just moving faster. I welcome the change but i don't see what everyone is all giddy about, its not like you were DYING to cast GW during a fight all these years. What they should do and what alot of people have suggested is roll Ancestral Swiftness in with GW and make it one nice talent instead of two mediocre ones. Then they could free up some space to take the utility out of Spirit Wolves or something, add something to the tree that makes it seem like we have options because the cookie cutter build is pretty obvious with a choice of mana regen or reverb at the end...not very exciting
    Last edited by XemnasXD; 2010-06-12 at 03:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is an exciting change!

Resto Shamans are becoming as mobile as Resto Druids, and with Spiritwalker's Grace -- You are actually completely mobile no matter what you're doing.

I knew my favoring of Resto Shaman healing would pay off one day.

'Tis true what xemnas said that there is no fight where you need the wolf speed to avoid the bad and burny stuff... if things go perfectly and you never make mistakes or find yourself just a bit too far away from where you need to be to retain a good health. It can really be a pretty awesome life saver when bad luck pays a visit.

Personally though the most appealing aspect of being able to use the wolf indoors is that besides it being fun it also shortens all that dreadful time one spends running back to bosses each time the raid gets brutally dismembered in some way (and you don't have to hump the hunters' legs to get anywhere fast). We just need an addon that makes the road runner "meep-meep" sound whenever we blast past slow classes (though on second thought it would be a bit ironic to make road runner sounds as a wolf).

Bout time is all I can say

it's about time that spell was useful, kinda annoying we have to spend 2 talents making it instant, HOWEVER, beggars should not be choosers, so i'll take it :P
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Yeah!!!!! When I read it I couldn't believe it! Awesomeness!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    it's about time that spell was useful, kinda annoying we have to spend 2 talents making it instant, HOWEVER, beggars should not be choosers, so i'll take it :P
    About that, I was thinking that it would be awesome if they added extra effect to it. Something like this:

Improved Ghost Wolf: Every time you use Ghost Wolf you gain invisibility for 10seconds(?) and that effect can only be triggered once every 20(?) seconds.

I'm not sure how useful it would be, what do you guys think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    the only time i've ever wanted to use GW indoors was in WSG...there has never been a raid situation that required it. It could've helped on some fights, alot of fights, but there is no fight currently in the game where you need 40% movement speed to avoid something, encounters aren't designed in that mindset. Also you can't really attack while you're moving, for Ele this is a none issue since they need to stand still to cast but for Enh moving while attacking is much more preferred than just moving faster. I welcome the change but i don't see what everyone is all giddy about, its not like you were DYING to cast GW during a fight all these years. What they should do and what alot of people have suggested is roll Ancestral Swiftness in with GW and make it one nice talent instead of two mediocre ones. Then they could free up some space to take the utility out of Spirit Wolves or something, add something to the tree that makes it seem like we have options because the cookie cutter build is pretty obvious with a choice of mana regen or reverb at the end...not very exciting
    Required no, but I do know a lot of situations I wish I had some more speed, LK defiles for instance, running from the claw thingies at Anub, Blood Princes, Yogg Phase 1 to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengedSevenfold View Post
    About that, I was thinking that it would be awesome if they added extra effect to it. Something like this:

Improved Ghost Wolf: Every time you use Ghost Wolf you gain invisibility for 10seconds(?) and that effect can only be triggered once every 20(?) seconds.

I'm not sure how useful it would be, what do you guys think about it?
    yea man its funny u said this because ive though the exact same thing! like that if theyre gonna make us put 2 points into GW they should make it do something special instead of wasting 2 points just to make it instant cast. And for the invis thing i thought the exact same thing too! kind of a utility type getting away thing in pvp like mages invis cause we have ONE defensive "oh shit" type button ( natures swiftness), so i think a temporary invis in GW would be amazing!! =D
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."