Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    TY all, im currently buying 14 ArP gems to slot in.
    Fixed spec to what Icey has on the BM post
    Tweeked devilsaurs spec
    Got glyph of the hawk. (which im amazed i didnt get earlier)
    Your talents you'll have to play with, they're highly dependant on your raid comp and a fight to fight basis. If you're running out of mana, you need points in invigoration. If you're not, they're wasted and should go in imp tracking or mortal shots. If there is no improved hunters mark in your raid it could be worth putting points there instead of mortal shots, etc. Take some time with the spreadsheet if you want to find the real "best" BM spec for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    Ok guys i've been BM all LK, and I honestly think I know everything to BM but im not 100% sure anymore

Basically what happened was I went with a BM hunter SLIGHTLY less geared than me, and he pull 1k more dps ( I did 9.5k he did 10.5k In ICC )
    My Spec Is listed as such in my armory ( I USE A DEVILSAUR IN RAIDS ) atm its a Spirit Beast for pvp.

My Rotation is: Serp > Aim > Arcane > Steady ( Arcane usually is forgotten, mainly used when I move around )

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ul&cn=Inccrits
    Please no "Your BM, thats not a real spec" I hear that enough in raids.

Aspects I need help with:

Currently I am thinking about swapping out some AP gems for ArP considering the minor contributions to the pet.
    Some crit gems in place were the yellow slots are.
    What is a considerable amount of haste (dont say none)
    What is the best Spec ?
    What is the BEST pet and spec ?
    How should my rotation look?

Tyvm guys <3 help me achieve my A-game.

Rotation looks alright. Should lose Hawk for Beastial Wrath glyph however. Bestial Wrath is the only "reason" to be BM, and 30 secs off it's CD is massive. There is no such thing as "considerable amount of haste". Haste is the worst "stat" among DPS stats for Hunters, but it's not bad to have. You just want others. You don't gear for Haste, but if it comes on gear that's otherwise desirable, you will take.

The best spec is 7/57/7. It is the highest DPS spec. As for BM, your spec is fine.

The best spec and pet is 7/57/7 with a wolf. For BM, your spec is fine. IIRC, Devilsaurs are interchangeable with Wolves for BM.

Your rotation is keeping up Serpent Sting, then keeping Aimed/Multi and Arcane on CD while spamming Steady Shot.

Additional notes: You really should consider switching to Marks if you're interested in maximizing your DPS. I won't lie; I miss the BC days of being BM (And not because of the 1 button macro, though it was nice) and would like to raid as BM. I'm in a raid guild that is progressing in hard modes so my DPS actually matters. As for general changes, get used to using femaledwarf.com. That is a spreadsheet and will give you a far more comprehensive answer than anyone else here. Most people will tell you to use that site anyways, and for good reason.

The bestial wrath glyph has lost a lot of weight since the duration and the damage got cut in half, it's not really that great of a cooldown in PvE. The spreadsheet can tell you truth.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I heard the BoE tank gun was best for BM.

Anyway, at least some of us hunters are still playing the spec they enjoy the most. For that I commend you. Fortunately for me MM/BM are my two favourite specs so TBC-WotLK has been kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphta View Post
    I heard the BoE tank gun was best for BM.

Anyway, at least some of us hunters are still playing the spec they enjoy the most. For that I commend you. Fortunately for me MM/BM are my two favourite specs so TBC-WotLK has been kind.
    It's better than normal Zod's or anything around that level, but not by much. If you can get your hands on a heroic 10 man or 25 man weapon, it'll probably beat out the gun. I also ran that sim back before I was in full 264 gear, so times might've changed by now.

you shouldnt gem arp. gem agi or AP will probably be a dps increase, use arcane shot get your 4 piece t10 chest. replace your trinkets WFS and DBW or even deaths choice is probably an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weshallarise View Post
    you shouldnt gem arp. gem agi or AP will probably be a dps increase, use arcane shot get your 4 piece t10 chest. replace your trinkets WFS and DBW or even deaths choice is probably an upgrade.
    That is wrong. As BM (or any other spec) arcane shot becomes useless after 400 passive arp. When just spamming multi-shot and steady shot (both of which are effected by arp) it is much less viable to gem AP or agi, because your bread an butter shots get the most benefit from arp. I will agree though, get the 4 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    That is wrong. As BM (or any other spec) arcane shot becomes useless after 400 passive arp. When just spamming multi-shot and steady shot (both of which are effected by arp) it is much less viable to gem AP or agi, because your bread an butter shots get the most benefit from arp. I will agree though, get the 4 piece.
    he currently has 700ish arp while almost fully gemming it. im pretty sure switching to AGI or AP at this point would be better for him. now ill admit if im wrong but isnt the talent for 9% more dmg on arcane make it more decent for BM unless you have higher levels of arp? according to female dwarf its a dps increase to use arcane shot in his rotation with his current gems and spec

Out of curiosity, why are you still raiding as BM?

No matter how much you might enjoy the spec, it basically neuters your dps.
    Entirely off topic, but do people actually enjoy raiding as BM? I mean, you get a cool pet but your rotation is three spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    Entirely off topic, but do people actually enjoy raiding as BM? I mean, you get a cool pet but your rotation is three spells.
    Short answer: yes. I enjoy raiding as BM, it's a lot more sporadic than MM's 6 move rotation, it's a breath of fresh air now and then. Fighting for 10th in DPS can get annoying too, though.

Your rotation is wrong. At your level of gear, arcane shot sucks, you need to drop it from your rotation/spec.
    its ppl like this guy with no clue what they are talking about and make an idiot of him or herself........arcane shot is the best shot for bm no matter what level of gear period unless your pushing 100% arp........ you need to make sure your hitting as everytime its on cd cause extra ss arent worht the dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

For reference, femaledwarf.com is the best bet for knowing when to drop arcane shot from your rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    its ppl like this guy with no clue what they are talking about and make an idiot of him or herself........arcane shot is the best shot for bm no matter what level of gear period unless your pushing 100% arp........ you need to make sure your hitting as everytime its on cd cause extra ss arent worht the dps

Pardon me, but that proves my point.

Excellent use of fmd =p ~Lysah

I thought teal was your thing? ~Reign
    Last edited by Thereign; 2010-06-13 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Response?