Mut rogue looking to increase DPS

As of recently I got back into raiding after taking some time off for RL issues and got some good upgrades and took some pointers from other posts and am now stuck with my dps sitting around 8k especially when I key in my equipment on a spreadsheet it shows me at doing 9.5k avg dps. I am looking for some pointers or an eye opener if I over looked something that will help me out to up my numbers. Also I still have the cloak I have because if I can get lucky enough to get the one from Loot ship 25 man then it'll save me having to spend the 50 frost badges so I can use them for my next T-10 piece.

Here is my armory... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nar&cn=Zzadaun

Also my rotation upon starting goes from unstealthing Mut > SnD > HfB > Hyperspeed Acc.(Eng.) > Mut > Mut (4+ combo)> Cold Blood+Env unless SnD looks like it will go out then I'll hit Env at 3 combo for the refresh but only if SnD is low.

Q: Fast weapons or slow weapons?
    A: You need at least one fast weapon for Deadly Poison. The other can reasonably be either fast or slow - weapon DPS matters far more than speed.
    This will increase your dps >300
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo7423 View Post
    I am looking for some pointers or an eye opener if I over looked something that will help me out to up my numbers.
    Firstly, I'll give you some gearing advice. If you have the time to run something older like ToC, I would do so to upgrade that cloak, it's hideous. But *don't* bother spending your frost badges on the vendor one. It's bad for mut and there are 2 good ones you should be on the hunt for in ICC. Get the crafted legs for now if you can spare the cash. They aren't ideal, but they'll be a fair improvement over yours. Get your ICC ring maxed out asap. There aren't a ton of farm runs going on anymore, but if you're bored and see one, hop in. Your gemming is fairly typical of a mut rogue, so I wouldn't have any major recommendations there without putting you into a spread sheet. Although I will say that either AP is better or haste is better, so ideally you aren't using solid AP gems and solid haste gems, you're using one and a mixed gem. In your gear I would guess AP is better, so you probably should have more starks instead of quicks, but the difference there is extremely tiny, dps-wise.

As far as playing your rogue goes, I assume you open with mut because you have someone else putting a bleed up for you. If not you definitely want to open with garrote so you can get your HfB up right away, but you sound like you know that. One of the most easily fixed things that most novice/under-performing rogues can improve on is energy pooling. If you don't already have one, get a good timer mod and put your envenom buff into it (I use one called NeedToKnow). Once you have the mod all set up, you want to watch this bar each and every time you envenom. The goal here is to *only* envenom when you have 75+ energy or so. Depending on your latency, you can take it all the way up to 85-90ish or so. Once your energy is high (but not capped) you then want to envenom. This allows you to put your next mutilate in while under the envenom buff, and if you get bad RNG on your mut crits or ruthlessness procs, your 2nd mutilate (to bring you to 4+ CPs) can also very easily be gotten in under this same envenom buff. In case it isn't clear, this gives the poisons that your mut would proc the increased chance that the envenom buff gives. The overall goal is to have every mutilate you preform happen under the envenom buff (aside from your opening sequence). This is a very easy thing to get used to once you get comfortable with your timer, and is one of the few things that separates a great rogue from a mediocre one.

Secondly, since you mentioned the hyperspeed enchant, you may want to consider adding the engineer bombs into your rotation if you don't currently use them. Unless you have a great reason otherwise (there isn't one really) go do the quest to become a goblin engineer and then craft yourself some:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=42641

after those you'll want to make:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44951

which have 30-40 or so saronite bombs in them. From there you'll want some sort of cast sequence macro (or just use 2 buttons) to throw them. My macro looks like so:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=300 Global Thermal Sapper Charge, Saronite Bomb, Saronite Bomb, Saronite Bomb, Saronite Bomb

The sapper charges have a 5min CD on themselves, and also invoke the 1min global bomb CD, thus with goblin engineering, your optimal bomb rotation is sapper, saronite x4, sapper, saronite x4, etc. Do note however that the sapper charges explode in proximity around you, and you must center yourself to use them most effectively on multiple targets. Likewise, the saronite bombs are aimed (they do not invoke a GCD or reset your swing timer) so you'll have to click on the battlefield to throw those, but that's incredibly simple as a rogue, we have tons of downtime between buttons.

I assume you know to only envenom at 4 or more combo-points, and never mut again (or use any other move) to try and go from 4 to 5 CPs, so I won't dwell on it.

Those are the major things that come to mind. Hopefully that helps at least a little. One last thing that I try to impres upon everyone who is frustrated about their actual dps versus spread sheet dps: the spread sheet reflects perfect play with a fairly fast reaction time in a low-to-no-ping situation on a perfectly stationary tank and spank boss. Don't be discouraged if you don't hit what it says you should. Very, very few players will ever be limited entirely by their gear. For the grand majority of rogues out there, the goal is to get close to that number, not hit it. If you take your festergut dps and divide out the ICC buff, and come within a few hundred of your spreadsheet number, you're doing excellent. If you're a few thousand short, then you have cause for concern. Hopefully my small recommendations will help you get where you want to be.

Edit: I was thinking you had lungbreaker there for some reason. Like sneaky said, you absolutely want at least 1 fast weapon. Check some of the guides around here for the exact rules of which weapon and poison goes where under what cases, but your dps will go up quite a bit just by going from slow/slow to slow/fast. If it helps you, check out shadowpanther.net for weapon rankings. They use sample weights to give you a rough idea on gear rankings. If you check there, you'll see heartpierce is an exceptionally weak off-hand weapon, despite it being a good item level. In fact:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=37856

is actually better using their sample weights, if that gives you an idea of how important the speed is. Either of the fast ICC daggers would be a big improvement, or if you want something to work on farming:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50319

is much better as well.
    Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 2010-06-12 at 06:46 AM.