Question about destro PvP

hello guys i've recently picked up my old warlock again and i had some questions about gear and gems.
    First of all what do i fill blue gems up with? i heard it's best to put in +12 spellpower and +12(?) spell penetration
    but i'm not sure what spell penetration does for me i dont intend on doing arena just battlegrounds and world PvP.
    What should a destruction warlock focus on in gear? go pure haste or stack up on crit? Thanks for the help i
    appreciate it.

Spell penetration lower the resistance to your spell for your opponent it helps you against classes with that kind of buff like mark of the wild, shadow res, pala's aura and mage armor. It's not something you really need for Bgs however it's frustrating when you get a fear or a shadowfury resisted so i suggest you to get at least 85.
    For Destro pvp crit still one of your better stat even with the crazy amount of resi people got nowaday.
    In my opinion go for at least 25% crit and then haste (aim at 500). You say that you aren't going to do arena so you won't have acces to any wrathful gear.
    Aim to 1000+ resilience, with help you survive a bit against melee classes.
    For gear get 4 set pieces+ wintergrasp haste shoulder, relentless/wrathfull offset the one with haste or crit to reach the value i've wrote above. As for pve pieces i suggest the icc ring+trinket if you have the luck to get DFO-POTNL-Muradyn else stick to the battlemaster with spellpower.
    Hit it's not a real problem since you'll spec with 3/3 suppression so the icc ring or a weapon with hit it's enough to cover it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

thanks a lot that's all i needed to know

Hope for the best in VoA, since several of the pieces you need will be available there.

spell pen is your anti resistance stat.

+1 spell pen = -1 spell resistance

most locks try for 130 i find but thats for arena. its not hard to get that number though and its a joke if you are 1800 rating. you wont be doing arena though so i would say 100 would be a good number.

"its not hard to get that number though"

Im a tailor at 1700 and its a damn pain hehe - I have x5 25 gems and 1 12/13 - would love that to be 125 haste instead ahh well, bring on the offhand