Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restrained View Post
    I would say its the enormous swap time to do
    Weapon swap+stance
    cast the ability
    then back.

Other classes can pop their defensive moves on demand and not lose pressure over it.
    Yeah, like when a Shadow Priest uses their defensive cooldown and doesn't lose any damage at all. Oh, wait, Dispersion silences you for the duration...

Also, Spell Reflect isn't just a defensive cooldown, it is also offensive, since you are hitting them with the spell they were about to smack you in the face with.

/Reroll warlock if u want to faceroll in pvp. seriously? moan about stance dancing... thats the class warriors playstyle if u dont like it then dont play it.

sorry but that was just damn r*tarded

I actually like stance dancing, it's kind of fun in an odd way, makes me feel more than one dimensional. What I don't like is that slight lag when switching stances to use Pummel, it just feels slower than say a DK using Mind Freeze. I know it helps us learn to predict but still pretty lame.

I might have posted in here before, but I forgot, lots of topics on stance dancing these days.

So because spell reflect doesn't give you a "great advantage" that means it sucks? Pvp is a lot about being able to predict your opponents move before they do it. Some are good at it, and by reading your post and how instant or even spells with a cast you can't reflect, like you, some are bad. Sure a spell reflect might not change the game but against a hard hitting spell it definately could. I had a warrior the other day that played amazingly against my lock and reflected many instant cast dots back onto me. I'm fairly new with my lock so I'm not too hard to beat but it shows that it can still be useful.

Also, just because something doesn't work the way you want it to doesn't make it clunky. Everyones using that word nowadays when pertaining to something they think isn't good enough.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Stance Dancing is fine, don't turn me into a mindless ret paladin bro. As far as spell reflect goes, its meant to be used premptively, it can be extremely powerfull or totally useless depending on how you use it. No you won't reflect every casts, but thats fine, it was never meant to be the ultimate spell-caster counter.

"Maybe make Overpower hit with both weapons?"

Are you PvPing as fury? God damn kid I'd love to duel you and just free cast in your face all night.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, are you serious? Learn to use macros instead of coming here with this BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    While all skills can't be used in all forms for Druids, shapeshifting is "free" in 99% of the cases.
    Theylose rage if they shift out of bear, if they aren't specced Furor they lose all their cat form energy on shifting, and claiming that shapeshifting is 'free' in itself is quite simply wrong by definition.

Way to invoke an opinion based on fantasy to support your argument chief, way to go.

"Weapon Switching / Spell Reflect
    I'm not trying to say that clunkiness is a good cost for an ability. What I am trying to say is that if we just wanted Spell Reflect or whatever to be super easy to use that we would take away the shield requirement or just have it auto-switch to a shield. Being able to pull it off at the right time is the hallmark of a great warrior. If you watch some of these really skilled players play, yeah I'd argue their intuition does seem to border on ESP."

Again from the front page.

Spell Reflect is fine. It can turn the tables in PvP and it cannot.

Meaning of ESP(aka ESC)

Ps: Fury pvp :')

I'm just not going to bother with my warrior in pvp anymore after WOTLK. There's too many things wrong with it. Not having access to all my tools in one stance is infuritating, while my DK can use any cooldown and any ability in any stance. I hate stance dancing, I'm not the fastest horse in the race when it comes to reflexes, but i swear stance dancing and spellreflecting is asking way too much. And because of that I'm going to play a rogue. I hate the hybrid tax in pve dps anyways, and even though I always top the damage meters, they think warrior dps is too high "for a hybrid". I'm going to play a rogue so i don't have to suffer a hybrid tax for roles i will never fufill in the first place.

Stances are fine, stop complaining. If they didn't have the limitations we'd be another boring class.

ZOMG why can't i use my cat abilitys in bear form IT SUCKS, CHANGING FORM SUCKS!

/Sarcasm off
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    If you don't like totems shaman is not the class for you.
    If you don't like shapeshifting druid is not the class for you.
    If you don't like handling a pet hunter and warlock is not the class for you.
    If you don't like stance dance warrior is no the class for you.
    ^this

All I can say is macros, it makes it simple and easy to stance dance/swap weapons in the same click, popping spell reflect of a shield block/wall combo is nice, especially when pvp'ing as fury, gives time for a friendly healer to roll by and save our asses. Not to mention we can still use a 2h + shield combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Rend
    /cast [stance:1/2] Rend; [stance:3] Battle Stance

Assuming im in stance3 (Berserker stance) it will change stance, apply rend then I use my other keybind(scroll up) to return to berserker stance as soon as I see that rend has applied.

[1] = change stances to battle
    [3] = change stances to berserker
    BT = Bloodthirst

GCD |---------------|---------------|---------------|
    Move BT-[1]---------Rend-[3]--------Slam------------BT

That is how you stance dance in pve to apply rend. Same thing applies in pvp, you can change stances during a GCD without triggering a new one. It requires pretty good latency and timing on your part to do it correctly. Swapping weapons causes a small delay i think its ~1s before any action is useable. its EXTREMELY ANNOYING I can understand exactally where the OP is coming from. Weapon swapping to Spell reflect and The spell still hitting you due to Server lag is one of the reasons I don't pvp on my warrrior.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj View Post
    I'm just not going to bother with my warrior in pvp anymore after WOTLK. There's too many things wrong with it. Not having access to all my tools in one stance is infuritating, while my DK can use any cooldown and any ability in any stance. I hate stance dancing, I'm not the fastest horse in the race when it comes to reflexes, but i swear stance dancing and spellreflecting is asking way too much. And because of that I'm going to play a rogue. I hate the hybrid tax in pve dps anyways, and even though I always top the damage meters, they think warrior dps is too high "for a hybrid". I'm going to play a rogue so i don't have to suffer a hybrid tax for roles i will never fufill in the first place.
    What hybrid tax? You obviously haven't run with geared warriors in ICC...you should re-roll ret as it seems you like to faceroll

Deleted
    Think like this :
    You better need to change stance and use the ability then dont have the ability and no need to change at all ! ;D

First off:

You dont need to stance dance to spell reflect (asuming you are fucking arms, and not fury as it seems)

You dont need to stance dance in order to interupt, this can be done with a shield bash (it does reqiure a weapon-swap)

Second off:

You dont want to be fury for pvp, its like a paladin being prot for pvp it doesnt work (wait, what?)

You dont want to be anything but Arms for pvp (Unless you are godly geared for prot)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The other items are largely superficial don't impact the game much (yes they matter, but differently). There is no skill a Shaman *can't use* if a particular totem isn't down. A Warlock can still cast Curses if his imp dies. While all skills can't be used in all forms for Druids, shapeshifting is "free" in 99% of the cases.
    Curse - yes, but they cannot cast a dispel, seduction, consume shadows, intercept etc if the pet is dead. So it does matter.

I wish I had one pet that could dispel, silence, stun, and detect stealth. Nope - I guess, and when I guess wrong I can either live with it or bring out another pet, which takes longer than it does for you to dance.

...Retaliation not worth using now because it has a graphic...