Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gear score addon out of control

I just got turned down from toc 25 for having 5k gs, its impossible to get a higher gs without doing toc 25.... what a joke

anything like this ever happend to anyone else?
    i lol'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kandrewfelson View Post
    I just got turned down from toc 25 for having 5k gs, its impossible to get a higher gs without doing toc 25.... what a joke

anything like this ever happend to anyone else?
    sigh

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was out of control a couple of months ago.

They most likely wanted a smooth fast run to pick up trinkets or such. The purpose was not to gear you....

"Take your chance for quick Gunship ICC10! Only 4,7k GS required! Only Gunship!"

Yea, kinda out of control after what i've seen today.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

Yes.

LFM VoA25 5600+ GS
    LFM TogC10 5800+ GS

Quite often you'll find the raid leader in these insanely high GS-requirement groups has the lowest score, even lower than the requirements he set himself. It's the polite way of getting overgeared players to boost you

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos View Post
    They most likely wanted a smooth fast run to pick up trinkets or such. The purpose was not to gear you....
    Or that, yeah. Could be that you sucked really hard at playing your class generally and they knew how you were. Else they were just average retards that are becoming the stereotype of World of Warcraft as it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos View Post
    So why are they in toc 25 if there not looking for gear.... triumph badges? >.>
    i lol'd

don't blame the addon, blame the retards who ask for 5k gs for ToC

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try reading his sentence again; he wrote that they maybe wanted to pick up the trinkets only and wanted a smooth run, ergo that they didn't want to gear anyone.

You really can't read, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is the worst troll thread I've read in a while
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Gearscore is part of the reason I am taking a break from the game until Cataclysm, and I really hope Blizzard do something to prevent it continuing to be an issue in the next expansion.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talthaeran View Post
    Gearscore is part of the reason I am taking a break from the game until Cataclysm, and I really hope Blizzard do something to prevent it continuing to be an issue in the next expansion.
    This is also the case for me. All this unintelligent shitfag shit shit piss addon has ruined the PvE experience for me. Now i just PvP or don't play at all. Untill Cataclysm :-) Where I, just as you do, hope that they do just some little thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talthaeran View Post
    No, I'm thinking the reason is you can't get the gs required to benefit a raid

it isn't the player's fault that this game is all about gear... tell blizzard to make gear vanity only and make the game all about skill... but then it wouldn't be a blizzard mmo now would it?

Simple solution: Make your own raids.

If that does not work, join a guild.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    No, I'm thinking the reason is you can't get the gs required to benefit a raid
    Typical thing to write. I have seen alot of other people performing more than other people with a higher Gearscore did. Gearscore is only there to give you an idea of how the individual might perform. And if people don't get that 6k+ gearscore isn't required to do a heroic, then it should just be banned from the game. (Or atleast removed.)

The addon has been so utterly misunderstood that it's hard to get it on the right course again.

Got turned down for naxx with 5k gs. I was like "What is this...I don't even.."
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

Seriously? You blame Gearscore?

Now, image you want to enter a rollercoaster, you know that those always have this "you have to be this tall to ride".
    Now lets say, the owner of the rollercoaster is a retard and makes that sign like 2m or higher.
    Are you gonna blame the sign or the owner?

Why is everyone just jumping the bandwagon saying that gearscore is the problem? Just blame the retard wanting that high amount of gearscore.
    Just don't join those kind of raids, they will fail anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentaria View Post
    Typical thing to write. I have seen alot of other people performing more than other people with a higher Gearscore did. Gearscore is only there to give you an idea of how the individual might perform. And if people don't get that 6k+ gearscore isn't required to do a heroic, then it should just be banned from the game. (Or atleast removed.)

The addon has been so utterly misunderstood that it's hard to get it on the right course again.
    I consistently outperform people who are 300-500 gs higher than me (can't get much higher atm but I'm sure I could outperform 7kgs people in cata with my gear now), but that doesn't mean they are bad, it just means I am better than them... They got the higher GS because they were decent enough in a raid to be given loot...

everyone who argues against gs seems to say "THAT GUY WITH 4kGS IS TOTALLY BETTER THAN PEOPLE WITH 6k" and so we ask "Why" to which they reply "BECAUSE THEY CAN'T GET 6kGS AND THEY DO WHAT THEY CAN!"

that is like team USA letting a guy without legs into the world cup because he does what he can with what he has... the current team members all have more tools to work with than the no legged soccer player and even if that player is godlike for a player without legs, he still isn't a decent person with legs (not saying people without legs aren't decent... but for the sake of this metaphor, GROW SOME LEGS BRO)...

IF you really are as good as you say you are, you shouldn't have trouble getting a high gs... so stop complaining and start raiding...