Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There are people on trade looking for Flame Levi must die like .. : LF Tank + healer flame lev , 5k+ gs . I went in one of the group and they were talking on raid chat

Dude 1 : GS sucks , it doesn't matter for FL
    RL : OFCOURSE IT DOES , MORE GS > MORE HP FOR VECHILES
    Dude 1 : sigh..

Just what mmo-champion needs, another Gearscore thread

/sigh
    But on subject, those that use it are usually doing so for smooth runs aka not gearing people, Live with it.

I'd say the bigger problem is the people using UnderAchiever to get in raids.

what an excitingly new and interesting topic

heh I remember seeing up to 5.2k GS requirements for 25toc preICC. Many times the RL was way below that or had a friend that they was gearing out and trying to get a group filled with people who already had the gear. I made it a common practice to ridicule raid leaders in trade chat who did not meet their GS requirements in an attempt to kill their run, which I have a number of times.

On another note I love seeing 25ToGC which the raid leader says RR(not DV) and the RL is a healer, next thing i hear back from some one i knew that joined the raid was fail healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru View Post
    Seriously? You blame Gearscore?

Now, image you want to enter a rollercoaster, you know that those always have this "you have to be this tall to ride".
    Now lets say, the owner of the rollercoaster is a retard and makes that sign like 2m or higher.
    Are you gonna blame the sign or the owner?

Why is everyone just jumping the bandwagon saying that gearscore is the problem? Just blame the retard wanting that high amount of gearscore.
    Just don't join those kind of raids, they will fail anyway.
    The owner of course but he's the one that made the restriction and decided to spend the time/money to get the sign made with the restriction.

Gearscore however is a bit different. We know the addon itself isn't to blame for the misuse it receives. We know it's the idiots that expect some absurd requirement for an instance we were clearing with half the expected rating that's to blame but expecting a 5.5k or whatever gearscore for ToC10/25 is like expecting someone to link their heroic LK25 achievement for Naxx10, it's absolutely retarded even more so considering a significant number of the 5.5-6k GS players[at least on my server(s)] haven't even seen past the first boss in each Naxx wing.

IF Gearscore was removed the players that expect such a high requirement would be ridiculed off the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    don't blame the addon, blame the retards who ask for 5k gs for ToC
    Well said sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean. I just spent the past couple of days trying to get into ICC10 on my alt.. granted my gear is pretty bad- with the buff out I can do around 7k (I know, not a lot but hey my gear is crap). No one would bring me even though I have the icc25 drake on my main. Finally decided to make my own group which pulled off 10/12 before losing a few people due to time. People just need to understand that Skill > Gear, but only in some situations.

Just the reason i got 5 of my friends to play together this summer. We'll gear up to 5k asap doing randoms together with awesome aoe tank and burst dps group, then start doing 10 mans and such and piss all over gearscore retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Raid Leaders who actually take the time to setup the group are allowed to set whatever rules they want. If you don't agree with the rules don't join that group? Make your own group? Don't raid at all?

Gear score addon out of control
    Yes, it totally is. Just yesterday i saw the gearscore addon running naked through the streets, while singing sailors songs. It than proceeded to punch a guy in the mouth because he looked at it in the wrong way.

Edit: I feel the need to add that i have not ever been asked for a GS by any raid i wanted to join. But maybe that is because i both don´t suck, and know a lot of people who know that that is the fact.
    Last edited by Simbert; 2010-06-13 at 01:09 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They really should make a performance score rather than a GS, the other day fighting LK, everyone was above 5800 and still wasnt able to down him cause a few did not know the mechanics of the fight and were lagging behind in DPS, getting killed by defile, doing nothing to help with valks, etc.

You have to understand though, many people are tired of slackers and do not want to take chances with low GS. Dont get me wrong, id take someone who knows the fight with 5300GS than someone who doesn't with 6K, but how can you tell the difference ? Linking achievements ? That only takes care of half the problem, you want to see how much dps he does, how well he does with the boss fight in general or if hes healing, how well he heals. In the end it comes down to experience, when you see someone with high GS, you think he has more experience than someone with a lower GS, but this is not always true.
    Last edited by SparkofImagination; 2010-06-13 at 01:18 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's quite ridiculous. I usually respond to these posts in trade from my main, and I will tell them, "Hey, I have a maybe-not-so geared toon but here, check out my kingslayer title. I know what I'm doing and I'm pretty sure I can outperform half of this raid. Brb on my alt."

Kinda makes me sound like a d-bag, but it's pretty much what I'm forced to do nowadays. -__-

GS its self it out of control.. I have full ToC25 with some TogC10 Gear(5.2k GS) and I quit WoW about 6 months ago and just came back a week ago and can't even get into a ICC10 after I've watched/read up on first 8 bosses in ICC..

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    funny thing is my girlfriend usually has one of the lowest gear-scores in random raids (only goes random with alts) but most of the times she tops the dmg meters... (i am one of the lowest most of the times, but well thats ok i am the tank ) also she has a crappy old pc that lags like hell in 25s and she has to guess when her spells are done casting and so on... so yes there are many many retards among the wow players and yes you need a way to find out who they are so you do not invite them but gear-score is not the way to go....

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what would fix the GS problem ? Something that has NOTHING TO DO with Gearscore. REMOVE LOCKOUTS, but have a lockout on the gear like it normally would, this way more people can learn the fights, plus they wont be scared of being locked out for the entire week because of a failed raid.

Quote Originally Posted by kandrewfelson View Post
    I just got turned down from toc 25 for having 5k gs, its impossible to get a higher gs without doing toc 25.... what a joke

anything like this ever happend to anyone else?
    seriously? impossible? is that what you think? you see, there is these cool things called heroics. from heroics, you get these things called emblems of triumph, conquest, valor, and heroism. and every day, u can do whats called a random heroic, and this will reward you with 2 emblems of frost. these emblems of frost will buy you gear of ilvl 251, and even 264.

how many ways can u get frost emblems? let us count them:
    1- voa 10
    2- voa 25
    3- icc 10
    4- icc 25
    5- heroic icc 10
    6- heroic icc 25
    7- daily heroics
    8- icc 5man questline
    9- raid weekly
    10- icc raid weekly
    AND, SOON;
    11- rs 10
    12- rs 25
    13- heroic rs 10
    14- heroic rs 25

ok, so now, lets count up how many emblems you can get every week total:
    2+2+36+36+36+36+(2*7)+5+5+4+4+4+4=188
    then
    188+ the icc 5man questline, which is another 6, thats 194 ur first week

now, considering u cant really do icc normal and heroic both every week, minus 36*2, which equals 72

188-72=116

now, u wont be able to do rs normal and rs heroic every week too, so subtract 4*2, which equals 8

116-8=108

so total, you can get 108 emblems of frost every week total

the most expensive piece of frost emblems gear will be 95 emblems of frost, i think, i may be wrong though.

but either way, none of em cost over 100 emblems of frost by themself

so every week, you COULD get a kickass new piece of gear every week.

ok, so thats just frost emblems right there, now, there is also, what we call ICC, and from this ICC, we get "epik lewtz"

the top gearscore i have ever seen was 6459 on a prot pally

this prot pally did not have the achievement for ToC 25

yes, i just ruined ur logic

and if my calculatuions were off by a bit, please correct me without flaming ur pants off..........
    Last edited by Praiseworthy; 2010-06-13 at 01:52 AM. Reason: added the last line
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

GS should never be the determining factor in inviting someone to a raid. There's just not a magic number you can place on how useful a player will be in a raid.

Join a guild problem solved =)

Honestly i wouldnt hate GS fags as much if the people who wer like this wernt some of the worst players youll ever see.

Theyll be in pvp fillers, most of their shit isnt even socketd or enchanted, and ofc they NEVER have ICC past Saurfang on either 10 or 25 and half the time they arent even in 25 ><. But i do enjoy going on my main and laughing at them like it and they always make the same excuses.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.