10+ Year Old Account

Focused Insight Talent Question.

So the effect:

After casting any shock spell, your next heal's mana cost is reduced by 15/30/45/60/75% of the cost of the shock spell, and its healing effectiveness is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%.

My Question:

Will talents that reduce the mana cost of shock spells, interfere with this talent?

Usually talents like that work with the original mana cost, so im guessing that if you spec into shamanistic focus, it will be better to cast a shock and then heal than not.

hard to get a definite answer at the moment, but i think the answer would be yes. since the mana reduction from shamanistic focus is passive before focused insight does the mana cost check
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

It will most likely be base mana cost
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

another question concerning this talent:

does the healing boost stack additionally or multiplicatively with the riptide-buff for chainheal for example?

or in other words, will a chainheal heal of 100 healing originally become 150 or 156,25?

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Um...I'm torn on this talent. The buff itself sounds fantanstic...but:

1. I'm guessing Wind Shear won't count? It would be nice if it did since Shocks currently generate a decent amount of threat. Just give an ICD timer to the Insight so you couldn't cast a back-to-back Shear/Shock.

2. I'm a healer. I have no Hit Rating. If I'm regularly going to cast a Shock spell for this, are there any plans to help us hit the mob? I'm ok with it on my Holy Pally because that buff lasts a minute, but if the idea is to be using this after almost all of my "normal" casts, I'm not sure I'd like the idea of wasting mana on a bunch of missed Shocks, especially when mana regeneration is going to take a hit.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2010-06-14 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling, like always

I could be terribly mistaken, but this seems very much like a PvP talent. I.e A way for Resto shamans to throw out some manner of damage, in a fashion that actually benefits their next heal.
    Possibly designed with Arena's, or Heroic Dungeons etc that are on farm? (God knows i've taken to lava bursting stuff down in randoms, i get so bored healing -_-)
    Brightaegis - Enhancement Shaman - Stormrage

the threat of the shocks should not be an issue, but the lack of hit will indeed be a problem.

well, blizz could incorporate the necessary hit in the talent like they did with the paladin talent Enlightened Judgements, but since the talent is so high
    in the talent tree, it would be too attractive for elem (or perhaps enh) builds.

actually, combined with Shamanistic Focus, you could save mana and boost your next heal, for example when anticipating a Healing Rain or something. It wouldn't be overpowered, since you still have the cooldown on shocks and probably also want to actually cast other healing spell

This talent will help to bring back a long since dead spec.

In vanilla wow, there were three ways to play enhancement. Using elemental mastery to play the grenade, using stormstrike to play the controlled burst, using nature's swiftness for utility.

Now you never see Enhancement sub spec into resto.

However, with maelstrom weapons affecting healing, an ability like Focused Insight seems optimal to bring back the dmg/healer utility spec. Enhancement shaman are constantly shocking, and can spend their subspec points into low restoration. This nets them some clutch healing spells (tidal force, improved water shield) as well as nature's swiftness. They don't necessarily need to worry so much about spellpower thanks to mental quickness, and then the added healing that Focused Insight brings. I can foresee specs like this finding a niche in rated bgs to give enhancement more utility considering their pvp dmg is subpar, but they have rather good survivability with stoenclaw glyph. It all depends on their mana issues come Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?