Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not enraged But yeah, unfairness makes me sick. Even tho it's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    By that, you'd introduce different standards of fairness only based on how much money is available, which then contradicts some intrinsic ideas of sports.
    I see your point, but the way you express it with is hilarious and you know it :P

About Mexico, I know the decision had to be kept according to rules, but it originated such a parodistic situation that heads of FIFA should have something to think about.

15+ Year Old Account
    No more vuvuzela videos, please.

Da hat's gemüllert!

This World Cup has many things to say about.
    But I hope that Brazil will be the champion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taixyz1992 View Post
    But I hope that Brazil will be the champion
    Dang, not gonna happen.

Just wondering if anyone else watched Mock the week when they talked about the english performance, comedy gold.

-Lampard out of position
    -Gerrard out of position
    -Hesky 6 000 miles ... out of position ...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbalumba View Post
    Got to love how Germany wtfpwnd England
    Schlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!
    I wanted the English to pound the Americans, didn't happen but then I loved it when the German's stomped England and that's really when my attention to the cup gained some speed. I was rooting on the German's, along with Sabine Lisicki but we were short to Spain, in what could have easily been a 4-0 loss as opposed to 1-0.

Interest is gone, but I would like Miroslav Klose to get his record tying/breaking goals vs Uruguay.

Spain was affected and inconclusive, they feared Germany no less than Germany feared them, but their kind of play, based on possession and such, is more effective than Germany's play in such circumstances.
    Spain wasn't dangerous at all during the first half of the match, even Villa wasn't free to storm everywhere like in the previous matches. They tried a lot of shots from far distance and they couldn't either center the goal. In the second half they got a score from corner kick, it's not even like they capitalized their kind of play. Before the score, Germany have had about as many dangerous chances to score, altho Spain was being overall more offensive: of course they won because Germany was absent, so they can say they played well, but that's not playing well. After the score they were really dangerous since Germany became unbalanced, and then their ridiculous personalities (in the person of Pedro) mistook a chance that Germany would have never mistaken instead. At the same time, tho, you could see like Germany couldn't be really aggressive in the last minutes either: another team would have built lot more chances to try to grab a draw, but Germany was really out of the match. Xavi and Iniesta did all the good work. If Özil would have been better in the match, if Müller would have played, if Löw would have done... something, if Germany would have been... Germany, Spain wouldn't have won that easily and they couldn't be saying they're the best in the world and they played like gods, because they didn't.
    Barcelona's play isn't as irresistible as they believe... they just didn't find a serious opponent yesterday. They deserved the win but they weren't amazing, really.

Deleted
    Yeah, I was a little disapointed of germany's game against spain, too. But I guess that's what you get, when there's so much pressure being build up on such a young team. After deafeating England and Argentina like that, everybody was just expecting germany to win. I'm looking forward to the game on saturday, though. I think we'll see a great game of Germany once again and we'll hopefully get our well deserved 3rd place.
    On a side note, since this is a wow-forum after all...after the loss to spain I thought I'd play some wow to cool off a little bit, but when I logged on (german server)I had to witness the tradechat being literally flooded with offensive statements and inappropriate cheering in spanish...it lasted for hours and as you reported spam/ignored them, they would simply create new characters to continue spamming. I mean, celebrating the win of your team is one thing, but logging onto servers of a different language to offend people of the nation that has lost..seriously?
    Did any of you guys experience a similar world cup related situation?

Boring.

I mean, little to no scoring each game, the referees make bad calls, often, and there is no video replays or anything.
    Then there's the absurd diving of players.

Horrible. absolutely horrible. Even lawn bowls is more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    whens it over? >.<

Let me sing you the song of my p-BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZ

More honestly though, there's something about it this year that made it a lot more interesting than in the past from my perspective, and it wasn't just that the US was a contender.

Deleted
    Who cares about the ugly soccer and the low amount of scoring.... HOLLAND REACHED THE FINALS!

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I was like BZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZ
    Then I was like BZZZZZzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzZzzz
    But then I serioused' BZZZzzZZZZZzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzZ!

GO ORANJE tho!
    Warlock (SL main)

From a german point of view
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Playin...31246003582121
    ... yeah that page got the point pretty much :/

Deleted
    so, tonight's the big final match. The netherlands versus Spain. neither nations have won the world cup before. the german octopus predicts spain, the singapore parakeet Mani predicts the Dutch as the final winner. whoever it will be, History is in the making.

this is what the dutch have as their main points:

they have been undefeated so far.
    the referee is the one that the spanish are attributing their only defeat to, with one offside goal (if this is the right term) confirmed and one penalty denied.

things that the spanish have as their main points:

the octopus...

as you can see, i'm not fully impartial. i hope the dutch win. mainly because my parents are on a weekend in Texel, an island in the most football-liking part of the netherlands.

Deleted
    1-0 to Spain. Shuckz.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the fact that both Brazil and Argentina weren't even in teh semi finals.Vuvuzelaz were annoying and most matches were really boring

15+ Year Old Account
    Fowl play, bad referee, Robben that nubbed arround on a bal.

It should be won by NL with 2-0 even before the 90mmins were passed

Anyway, thats the luck we always have ,....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That referee was soooooo bad... Oooh well, 2012...