Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I rend when either a) there is some sort of air phase (Sindragosa) or b) a tank swap fight, where I'll throw it before I taunt to help keep me over the threshhold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimuryl View Post
    I rend when either a) there is some sort of air phase (Sindragosa) or b) a tank swap fight, where I'll throw it before I taunt to help keep me over the threshhold.
    As has been said many times before, using that one GCD before an air phase to cast devastate/SS/revenge instead will always be more threat. Your second point is the only situation I can think of where rend is more threat because you used the GCD before taunting to do it.

Meh, obviously it's your call. Rend really doesn't help a ton, but hell... if for some odd reason you have the extra GCD, why not? A little bit of something is better than nothing at all.
    I definitely find that I like your face better, now that I've smashed it with my shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Blackmetal View Post
    Meh, obviously it's your call. Rend really doesn't help a ton, but hell... if for some odd reason you have the extra GCD, why not? A little bit of something is better than nothing at all.
    Which is never, unless you didn't spec into devastate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisper View Post
    Yeah but sorry I started leveling my 1st toon (warrior) in BC and the 1st rule of warriors was - no rending

Screw the minor increase...rend is horrid
    Actually, if you manage to keep a 75%+ uptime, then rend comes out to about a 2.2% DPS increase at 16k DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

One thing I should have mentioned though. Rend probably isn't going to hurt you too much, just make sure you don't have that stupid add-on that proclaims you've managed to put rend on a raid/world boss.