Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyshock View Post
    you do know cleave doesnt hit Dark Nuclei right?.......its like the adds on gormok, you have to directly damage them, cleave will not work
    Is this true? I've been holding Whirlwind for... months. Any change of a URL on that or somethin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Actually in my experience I noticed that Cleave hits the Dark nuclei, however WW does not. Like Chain lightning hits them, but Blizzard/nova (ae effects won't).

I know for certain that WW does not hit the dark nuclei. I don't cleave on princes, but I think I remember hitting my cleave/ww macro by accident and seeing dark nuclei damage in my logs and noticing it was cleave damage.

I'd actually appreciate a 100% confirmation on it myself as I'm only mostly certain.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letharia View Post
    Cleaving princes? Well your numbers will be big but you can only apply damage to one at the time. So with all means stacking the bosses up to be able to make the fight faster is not possible. My biggest problem on this is that we are using a Warlock to tank the one with nuclears. That means no aoe at all on the boss as it may kill closeby nuclears. Without any WW the dps will be crap. But still I allways is in top 5 on this fight. Except from this one I only get beaten on Festergut by rogues. Have had some problems with warlocks on BQ aswell. They seemes to be able to burst like hell and get the first bite easy (We just let the one with highest startdamage get first bite and then tell who to bite next).
    Cleaving mobs does actually result in a single target damage increase.

Any procs that you have that don't rely on PPM (or even better, if you have any procs that don't have an internal cooldown, such as T10 2pc) then your damage against your main target will increase since the ability Cleave itself does almost the same amount of damage as Heroic Strike does and the amount of procs that will be going off will get a large increase.
    Last edited by mmocb907825fbc; 2010-06-14 at 03:22 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you use cleave on BP anyway?
    Not like it removes more health or something.
    If you do it for higher dps, >.>

Edit: Now that I read Davantius' reply, I kinda understand it.
    But still, you'll only cleave if your proccs aren't on cooldown, right?
    And with T10 2p, you'll only use cleave if the procc isn't up.
    Last edited by Maradar; 2010-06-14 at 03:17 PM.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

As a Spriest I consistently top the meters on most fights. Only exceptions would be boat, saurfang and blood queen (still cant get first bite over mages/loks). Most other fights Im out on top by alot (pays to have alot of bis gear)

10+ Year Old Account
    Always top in Marrowgar & Deathwhisper, casters beat me on Plaguewing, Valithria is a joke, along with Blood Queen (Bitten first, probably the only reason :P)

idk about you guys but i rape at Sindragosa. another fight i do good on is rotface marrow LK bloodqueen cuz i get the first or second bite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyshock View Post
    you do know cleave doesnt hit Dark Nuclei right?.......its like the adds on gormok, you have to directly damage them, cleave will not work
    Cleave does hit them, whirlwind however, does not.