Poll: Will you be driven mad?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Angry Haste in Cataclysm, Will it drive you mad?

Lately I've been thinking. With the current haste on my casters I have 16-22% haste unbuffed, which is a moderate amount.

When cataclysm comes out... I'm going to lose all that, and well... won't things feel REALLY slow? I mean when I take off my gear to goof around (or to test this deliberately) my rotations feel very, very slow without the haste.

I don't know about your opinions, but having to go back to full cast times with the haste dropping from leveling up will make me want to hit my head on the keyboard for awhile. Do any of you agree?
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Eh just be like the start of wrath when you didn't have the best gear, it will become second nature after a day or two playing.

Never really thought about it. Very good point though haha!

I'm going back to a low amount of Haste plus missing my Tier 10 4 Piece bonus. I'm probably going to go completely insane.

Well, I currently don't have any caster classes at Max Level, so I'm gonna say no.

All fun aside, even though I don't play a caster, I feel bad for everyone who does. I hope you don't fall asleep. :P

Rotations will just feel... easy. With 25% haste on a shadowpriest the rotations can get pretty crazy. But with 2-4% haste it will be a joke o_o.

Same goes for the new DK rune system... it will just feel so much easier and slower.

More time to think might make you a better player...idk though.

Quote Originally Posted by sealdonut View Post
    Less room for error, so yes: it will make most people do their rotations better. At the same time it would make it harder to squeeze in that additional hit.

Deleted
    Rotations will just feel... easy. With 25% haste on a shadowpriest the rotations can get pretty crazy. But with 2-4% haste it will be a joke o_o.
    haha. yes. i'm driving crazy everytime i have hero haste pot and engeneer enchant up. VT with about 5sec duration is realy nice :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sealdonut View Post
    This is a very good point. Iv played games where you melee attack every .001 seconds and things just die too quick so maybe less haste will make things mroe difficult...idk though.

Quote Originally Posted by hajomaro View Post
    This is a very good point. Iv played games where you melee attack every .001 seconds and things just die too quick so maybe less haste will make things mroe difficult...idk though.
    More time to think, thus less chance of making a mistake. However a mistake is more costly.

I won't mind. It'll be nice to have extra time for a change to wait with the button mashing, means my keyboard might last longer for once. :>

Stupid levels of haste have plagued this game for a while now and personally I'm looking forward to being able to los sheeps, cyclones, etc without latency just fucking you up and going through anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post

Same goes for the new DK rune system... it will just feel so much easier and slower.
    I was under the assumption Spriests were gonna be played in slo-mo anyways. With DoTs being up for the full 15~21 seconds and channeled abilities working the same fashion, They'll probably be the slowest playing class around. Casting Vamp Touch will be sped up some, but it's duration will stay 15 seconds. With the crazy amounts of haste during BL, VT is just barely on there ever.

Though if Wandering Plagues stays the way it is ingame for Cata, DK AoE damage is going to be unstoppable.

Also, the little crappy mage fireball DoT is gonna make me chuckle "OMFG it just crit for 200 damage!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuou View Post
    I was under the assumption Spriests were gonna be played in slo-mo anyways. With DoTs being up for the full 15~21 seconds and channeled abilities working the same fashion, They'll probably be the slowest playing class around. Casting Vamp Touch will be sped up some, but it's duration will stay 15 seconds. With the crazy amounts of haste during BL, VT is just barely on there ever.

Though if Wandering Plagues stays the way it is ingame for Cata, DK AoE damage is going to be unstoppable.

Also, the little crappy mage fireball DoT is gonna make me chuckle "OMFG it just crit for 200 damage!"
    If you think thats bad, imagine a demonology warlock. Corruption lasting full duration, the like 30 second long immolate, and 2.5 second cast shadowbolts.

/cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post
    If you think thats bad, imagine a demonology warlock. Corruption lasting full duration, the like 30 second long immolate, and 2.5 second cast shadowbolts.

/cringe
    Well the shadowbolts will be quickened, but damn, refreshing DoTs is not really gonna be something you worry about. CoA was never affected by haste(for some reason). If CoD could be affected by haste, oh man, that would be terrifying.

Calling it here and now, Demo locks are officially going to be the laziest DoT class around.

Though I am excited that my Balance druids HoTs might actually, y'know, do damage. That would be really cool, almost feels like a waste of time putting them up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuou View Post
    Well the shadowbolts will be quickened, but damn, refreshing DoTs is not really gonna be something you worry about. CoA was never affected by haste(for some reason). If CoD could be affected by haste, oh man, that would be terrifying.

Calling it here and now, Demo locks are officially going to be the laziest DoT class around.

Though I am excited that my Balance druids HoTs might actually, y'know, do damage. That would be really cool, almost feels like a waste of time putting them up...
    I think you mean DoTs. And I'm speaking of to how the shadowbolts won't be AS quickened as they are now. I could never do my demo rotation without the 900 something haste rating I have. It entirely to slow and 'bulky' otherwise.

Although I guess since we get so much haste from the spellstone (which will scale with level) it wouldn't be so bad.