Thread: ...what a deal!

...what a deal!

Hey all,

So I was taking with a buddy of mine the other day about fav. things from BC, etc. and I remembered a couple random stories about people doing crazy things and paying outrageous amounts of gold to get what they want in-game.

I'm sure a fair amount of people (I think?) heard about the night elf druid player (a fairly attractive looking female) who literally sold herself out for a one night stand to whomever (guy or girl) would pay for their epic flight training in game. I believe they might have actually started dating after that but I'm not really sure either way.

Another ridiculous story, more-so for the gold involved, was a guy who I believe paid a guild 200,000 gold to be (most likely) carried through a timed ZA and have him win a amani warbear. Granted, I'm sure there would be a fair amount of players today who would pay 200k to buy that mount (since it's retired otherwise really) but back then when it didn't really seem like a challenge anymore after t6 gear was available, my jaw dropped after hearing about that.

Anyone else know of any crazy deals that were made for in-game items/mounts/etc?
    (not counting the ultimate worst exchange ever...real money for make money that is)

I traded my soul to play WoW. Every time I log on, a little piece of me dies on the inside.

i spent £20 on TRH which i don't even use cause it looks *retarded* on a cow :/

pretty much anyone who spent 25 on a celestail steed lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4reed0m View Post
    Hey all,
    Another ridiculous story, more-so for the gold involved, was a guy who I believe paid a guild 200,000 gold to be (most likely) carried through a timed ZA and have him win a amani warbear. Granted, I'm sure there would be a fair amount of players today who would pay 200k to buy that mount (since it's retired otherwise really) but back then when it didn't really seem like a challenge anymore after t6 gear was available, my jaw dropped after hearing about that.
    This was a common practice on Uldaman since there were only two or three guilds that could get the bear every week. Though they normally charged 13-20k. I am calling shenanigans on the 200k though.

And just because t6 was available, didn't anyone and their mother could get it like you can with the tier pieces now (up until 2.4 of course).

My guild is starting to sell 10 man Kingslayer to people for 20k, and I'm sure once someone wants to buy a 25 kill, we'll let them too.

Not that 20k is a shit ton of money, or hard to get, but if your guild can't do LK 10, the only hardmode you're going to be doing is Gunship.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buying TCG for in-game item
    Star pony for 25$
    And any in game vanity pet from blizz store
    ^ shows that you have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Velithian View Post
    My guild is starting to sell 10 man Kingslayer to people for 20k, and I'm sure once someone wants to buy a 25 kill, we'll let them too.

Not that 20k is a shit ton of money, or hard to get, but if your guild can't do LK 10, the only hardmode you're going to be doing is Gunship.
    I'm actually surprised you go this cheap. A hard mode group on my server was selling Starcaller for 10k back when ulduar was current, but that was merely a title and I don't believe they guaranteed you any loot for it. Lich King is not only a title, but pretty nice loot, if you let them have that, and the ability to unlock hard modes, which, imo, is worth a lot in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm actually surprised you go this cheap. A hard mode group on my server was selling Starcaller for 10k back when ulduar was current, but that was merely a title and I don't believe they guaranteed you any loot for it. Lich King is not only a title, but pretty nice loot, if you let them have that, and the ability to unlock hard modes, which, imo, is worth a lot in its own right.
    As far as I know (I wasn't the one who arranged it) the guy asked us if we'd sell it to him, so we just figured it'd be a good way to make some extra cash for guild repairs =P

And yea, it's not just a title, and I'm sure we'd give him the loot he needed, but as I said, if you can't down LK 10 man, you're not getting far in hardmodes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Velithian View Post
    As far as I know (I wasn't the one who arranged it) the guy asked us if we'd sell it to him, so we just figured it'd be a good way to make some extra cash for guild repairs =P

And yea, it's not just a title, and I'm sure we'd give him the loot he needed, but as I said, if you can't down LK 10 man, you're not getting far in hardmodes anyway.
    Not so sure, several hard modes are actually still fairly easy on 10 man. Rotface, Blood Queen, Deathwhisper, and of course Lootship come to mind, possibly Festergut if people can dodge oozes. I believe all of these fights are easier to grasp than the LK fight, even on hard mode. Perhaps the people you know think a different way than the ones I know =p

One of my friends spent some gold (can't remember how much) buying some herbs for some level 1 chick who then emailed him nude pictures of "herself". I don't know if it was really her, but the girl in the pics was hot.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not so sure, several hard modes are actually still fairly easy on 10 man. Rotface, Blood Queen, Deathwhisper, and of course Lootship come to mind, possibly Festergut if people can dodge oozes. I believe all of these fights are easier to grasp than the LK fight, even on hard mode. Perhaps the people you know think a different way than the ones I know =p
    You know, as I typed that, I thought of those fights and almost didn't include it. But understand that the people who are still wiping on LK 10 with the 20% buff are the ones who don't have the raid awareness or the gear to do the hardmodes. Sure, it's not that the fights are hard to us, but they are to some. I don't know if it was a joke or not, but I saw a video a while back of some guy claiming that Blood Princes is "SO HARD" and "we can't even do it on 10 man!". Granted, this was back when we had maybe the 5% buff, if one at all, but even then, the fight wasn't extremely challenging.

Also, please don't think I'm an elitist - I just come from a joke of a server and I'm finally in a guild that's doing consistently well.

Deleted
    People spent gold to get carried through Molten Core for epics and class items (priest and hunter item).
    People spent gold to get carried through Blackwing Lair for epics.
    People spent gold to get carried through Battlegrounds for oldschool titles.
    People spent gold to get carried through Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.
    People spent gold to get bosses killed in BC etc.
    People spent gold to get the Algalon title.
    And on and on... (mostly titles and mounts after BC)

And the 200.000 story is not the amani warbear but the phoenix bird mount thing in Tempest Keep.
    And it was a lot more than 200.000 actually.

The story about the woman that sold herself (sex) for gold is fake.