Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Haven't read everything yet, but:
    # Raid IDs should be much more flexible. You will be able to join any raid as long as it doesn't have any bosses up that you have already killed. (Details on Wowhead)
    I LOVE YOU!

could be worse. we could have got EA instead of activision. then every patch would come out with no testing. you would have to uninstall and reinstall everything each patch. glitches would crash your mods so bad that you would have to start over at lv 1.....so does anyone else here play Sims?

Is it just me, or does it look like Cataclysm will be out VERY soon? Like in a month? They're removing things, saying that classic heroics will be coming in a patch, giving info on raids bosses?

PotT has been praised as the big feature for advancing characters after you've hit 85. The accompanying archaelogy is now just a "fun" profession. That sounds like some of the best features have been dumped, and we're back to good ol' instance grinding. Too complex? I dunno. Maybe the true answer is: Sorry, but we're running out of time.
    this.
    Archeology will be used to let you get cosmetic/optional items.
    I don't need more cosmetic/crap items.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look like Cataclysm will be out VERY soon? Like in a month? They're removing things, saying that classic heroics will be coming in a patch, giving info on raids bosses?
    na still looking like sept. FnF just started have to do the more open beta after that.

Where is the "fun" in this expansion?
    Path of the Titans gone
    Guild Talents gone
    Honor titles only for top end teams each season
    Archaelogy, the only fun thing.
    Rated Battlegrounds = 20v20 size Arena
    No Heroics
    WTF are we supposed to do all the expansion then?

This is a sign that WoW officially sucks.

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! As XT would say.. God damn it Blizzard, why you have to remove all of the exciting stuff that Cataclysm was about.. Path of the Titans, Guild Talents and Levels, etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Dalorian View Post
    Where is the "fun" in this expansion?
    Path of the Titans gone
    Guild Talents gone
    Honor titles only for top end teams each season
    Archaelogy, the only fun thing.
    Rated Battlegrounds = 20v20 size Arena
    No Heroics
    WTF are we supposed to do all the expansion then?

This is a sign that WoW officially sucks.

You can still do normal battlegrounds.
    You can still do normal arena.
    You CAN now do rated battlegrounds.
    You can still do 10-man raids.
    You can still do 25-man raids.
    Your guild will still progress, you just won't have to choose how. (In fact this will help clearing up guild dramas over I WANT EXP / BUT I WANT MORE MONEY)
    Archeology is still in game.
    3000 new quests are still in game.
    All the zones are still being redone.
    There are still flying mounts in Azeroth.
    There are still new raids in Azeroth.
    There are still new dungeons in Azeroth. (5-man dungeons and heroics)
    Last edited by Doctor Professor; 2010-06-13 at 11:42 AM.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having mixed feelings about this tbh :P PotT sounded like it could have been really fun, but as we never saw it I guess we'll never know, lets just hope the 'medium' glyphs will add in some 'just for fun' stuff to all classes
    I freaked the FUCK out when I saw they were removing guild talents, but then I read to the end and now I'm not quite so miffed. We'll still get the awesome guild perks, and all the power isn't in the hands of whoever is spending them, one problem i could see about this though is the PvP/PvE talents? are we going to get a mix of both, or will the system know if you're a PvE/PvP/Mixed guild. For Example my guild is 100% PvE, so if all our XP/Achieves are PvE Achieves, will it only give us the PvE related guild stuff? or will we get a bunch of useless PvP things as well.

the raids all look AWESOME and LoL at the description of Skywall as a combination of Dalaran, Ulduar and clouds :P

Hc DM not shipping at release is a bad bad thing though, it was one of the things I was looking forward to most (the others being Guild Talents and PotT....oh)

overall my amazing excitment for Cata has now dropped back a little, kinda from YAY to....yay, but I'm hoping they'll drop a bomb at some point that'll get my excitment back.

So dissapointed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, very disappointing Path was removed,along with the Guild talents, both I've been looking forward to for a while.
    Oh well! tbh, probably just a sign they have a date for release in mind, and are cutting things to be able to hit it, lol

What about Custom Dance System (or smth like that), I wanna hear about it..

I had a feeling they were gonna scrap the whole Path of the Titans thing. It just seemed to complicated and unnecessary.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    Definately not anytime soon. We still have:

1. The Ruby Sanctum and patch 3.3.5
    2. The Re-Taking of the Echo Islands/Liberation of Gnomergon (however its spelled, i hate gnomes) and Twilight Hammer doomsayer quests in patch 3.9

They're not gonna cram all that into one month.

Word has even been circulating that there is a chance Cata won't even come out this year but early 2011. Of course its all rumors but my gut is telling me not to expect before November-ish.

P.S. Bastion of Twilight sounds win. Cho'gall is pimp! Between this, the two elemental plane raids and Blackwing Descent, the first tier of Cata is sounding like a MASSIVE improvement over Nax/Os/Maly.
    Last edited by Nesingwary-Eliada; 2010-06-13 at 11:54 AM.

I see alot of people here whining , just due to stuff being removes. Take a moment and think about WHY they were removed

Heroic old dungeones not removed but I'll include): These will probably not even be "starter" dungeons (lvl 80) so you wouldn't wanna do them immediately anyway. It also means that after the ex is launched we STILL have stuff to look forward too

Guild talents: Allthough it seems like a cool idea on paper, this feature would have caused nothing but trouble. It would be hard gathering people for a guild who all wanted the same talent layout, and if you for some reason decided to change some talents round, people might leave due to missing out on some personally desired bonuses. Talents will allways implicate a personal interrest, and that doesn't fit good with a guild.

Path of the titans: Good change imo. The way they presented it, it looked like it would become a mandatory "grind" at high lvl, which people would abandon after having aquired the bonuses they wanted.
    By making it more of an "exploration" and "discovery" profession that is also optional and have little pve or pvp impact blizzard has in a good way combined world exploration with this prof.
    There are people (including me) who like to just roam around the open world and look for new and undiscovered things, or little hidden clues to unsolved mysteries hidden away or discretly put in for all to see. This profession is a great addition to that, as you can discover important parts of hidden lore, or answer question you've had for long time, and on top of that you might just get a little cosmetic treat every now and then

All in all every change you whine about are all good for the game.

*edited for spelling
    Last edited by Rifee; 2010-06-13 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Actually I'm kinda glad the guild talent tree is gone. Since I (and the majority for that matter) aren't interested in leading a guild, it would only cause drama and support picking your guild according to the talents you like, instead of the people in it. I was kinda hoping for them to change that.

As for the Path of the Titans, it's really disappointing. It was one of the things I was looking for as it would have provided a new way in advancing my character instead of just gear. Also with all the people looking for artifacts, it would have given a new reason to be out in the world instead of just sitting in a capitol and queue for stuff.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Time to cancel my preorder.

Deleted
    So - they make ALL these new zone changes, but they STILL cant make the trees more fluffy on the top ... Square trees ftl

Quote Originally Posted by Adys View Post
    Just like WotLK dances!
    This

I liked the conept of path of titans and the guild talent thing =(

Deleted
    The whole idea of Path of the Titans seemed clumsy and somewhat rushed just so that it made it into Blizzcon09. I'm glad they got rid with it. Now removing Guild Talents... Meh...