Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    UNbelieavble!!!

Ok, well ... how long can the grind for items be sustainable ? I know im not the only one who was hoping the things they removed were finally going to add some depth to this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peter molyneux would like a word with you blizz....
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    No it didnt. There was no Physical item for Path of titans. You chose a titan. did things through Archaeology to unlock the next part of your path. They used the same symbols as glyphs, but that is there the similarity stopped. You were rewarded based on your titan.
    You misunderstood me. It worked upon the glyph system. Instead of buy the glyph when possible (level restriction), it would unlock with points, but the system was the same. It would make the current glyph system pointless and it would be a grind.

Now, they can expand the glyph system to something better, even introducing parts of PotT in it.

there is one thing most people do not consider:

Path of the Titans was shit.

Luckily, the devs realized that fact and got rid of it.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because what they told us we were getting were half-assed solutions.

Path of the Titans? It's nothing more than an expanded Glyph system. Then why just not use the one already in game? Cuts down the farming by alot (and PotT concept was indeed grindy).

Guild Talent Trees? The guild drama that it would bring wasn't worth of it.
    Definately this.

I understand that many players will be dissapointed by this news, but PotT wqas going to be a grindy "OMG you can't come to my raid without X and Y Titan glyphs!" kinda system. These changes make sense, even though they do cut down a little on the added content, it still does not break the game imo.

losing guild talents and path of titans sucks (especially PoT, I liked the idea of progression via exploration)

but I still got talents to look forward to, rated bgs, and a lore based more around the dragons and titans now that the Scourge have been reined in.

Think I'll still get it.

I'm so happy they take this "cool" stuff out. Because I don't want to still level my 85 Character with some kind of Path of the Titans. I also enjoy to level play other characters.
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

You do realize this is just a marketing strategy right? They got you all excited about Cataclysm and then *poof* there go the interesting things which will, strangely enough, make it into the next expansion/"micro" fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Myte342 View Post
    Definately this.

I understand that many players will be dissapointed by this news, but PotT wqas going to be a grindy "OMG you can't come to my raid without X and Y Titan glyphs!" kinda system. These changes make sense, even though they do cut down a little on the added content, it still does not break the game imo.
    This, this and this! Exactly what I was thinking. Nice post!
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

I dont care. The "Auto-Talent" and "Medium Glyph" things are half assed versions of what they told us we were getting so that they can release the game earlier.
    The removal of these might just be the, or at least one, reason the alpha / beta got delayed, if Bibi was right when he first predicted the beta start way back. (Bibi also commented on that it was scheduled the beta was to be much sooner but got delayed for "unknown reasons")
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

I'm dissapointed about few things myself:
    - easter bunny is not real
    - my left hand is not my main hand
    - there is no dance studios
    - there is Garrosh as substitute warchief
    - Alliance is taking southern Barrens
    - Worgen join the Alliance

(joke on side) It is Blizzard's call what they do with their game you are free to leave anytime you want. There are other games/things to do. If you don't enjoy the game then just do not play it.
    We knew from the starter that there are some things they announce but never start working on them or finish them. Blizzard has its own list of prioritis. If they think this is time consuming they move on.

Look on the bright side, we do get rated battlegrounds (but it will be seriously weird if we would need premade for it to be rated). And we get new zones, few new spells, 2 new races, new available clasess for exsisting races, new mounts, flying mounts in old world and 3000 new quests.
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2010-06-13 at 02:22 PM. Reason: first time

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    exactly this
    try to look at these changes from the perspective of someone making a game, not just playing it
    So they make the game for themselves and not for us, the players?
    Finally alot of the things they are doing makes sense now.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

The thing that annoys me was that PotT was originally billed as a way to expand the single player experience at the level cap. Now it is just 'you will raid' or 'you will pvp' again. Once you hit 85, you may aswell be played TBC or WOTLK. The only thing that changes is the organisation and the wrapping paper.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

I dont care. The "Auto-Talent" and "Medium Glyph" things are half assed versions of what they told us we were getting so that they can release the game earlier.
    Then quit. It's really simple, just quit and stop making these useless threads.

i see 2 very good reasons for this.
    The guild talents. I mean, there are probably a lot of talents, and you would want them all, BUT, you cant (thats what talents are about). Now, a guild may consist of a lot of hardcore PvE'ers, but also some PvP'ers. Natudrally, there could/would be PvP talents. The PvE guild dont want these, so the PvP'ers have a disadvantage in PvP. Not good!
    Besides, deciding what talents to take would be a bitch. I mean, who's to decide whether the guild needs +5% more gold or +5% more HP in Bgs (or i dunno... dunno what talents are tbh).

For the path of the titans. Please do read the post. The system i about the same, except its not dependant on the SECONDARY profession archeology. Making archeology a true secondary profession, which isnt needed, doesnt do you much good, yet have some fun advantages, at least just fopr the heck of it.

I like the changes, especially the guild talents thingies. And im defo looking forward to it

I don't really care about Path of the Titans or guild stuff. I didn't really like the concept anyway. I'm much more pissed that we STILL don't know what's going to happen with the DanceStudio stuff because that was really something that sounded like fun. Path of the Titans was just another stat stick, I'd hardly call that "cool stuff".

/care

I still want the cataclysm.

Path of the titans was going to implement 30 separate paths, each with 10 steps for you to fill in. Each step would have at least 2 choices. That's 1024 possible configurations per path, 30,720 possible configurations in total. The paths were not limited to class or spec; even assuming only 31 options for talent specs (one for each tree, 2 for feral), that's still a total of 952,320 possible talent/path configurations that need to be balanced in PvP and in raids.

What was the point of the system? To add another way to develop your character that gave more room for personal choice, as opposed to raw min-maxing, and to make use of Archaeology. They accomplish the former with the medium glyphs, the latter with the new cosmetic/vanity stuff you get from the secondary profession. I don't think the removal of the path of the titan's is a bad thing; it would have been neat, but balance would have been an absolute nightmare.

Guild talents would have been far cooler and easier to balance, but the nightmare of choosing who gets to pick the talents for the guild mitigates that.

Yeah, it sucks for them to announce things then change their minds, but the only alternative is not to announce anything at all. Much/most of what they announced still holds up, and I wouldn't have wanted them to announce nothing at all just in case some things got axed before live.

Those 2 was a other way to "costume" your character. But costume only mean "going to web site to get the perfect set up and copy past it". I suppose they had 2 choose, adding 2 new way of options for you character (guild talent giving some option to get perks for raider) or change the way what we currently have so you can really costume your toon without being call a noob because you didn't take the flavor of the month spec.

Guild talent tree was looking good but what would have been the options, pve raider vs pvp talent? Do you really want to be in a pvp guild to be able to get high pvp rank. Guild off-spec maybe? No, like character talent tree, one tree would have been superior, so why not giving a path of preset perks?

And for the other half they are removing, Blizzard seem to adjust player at their maximum potential, with all the best option out there, so some class you only have been nerf encase some people take the best set up and perform too well. We don't even know what those medium glyph will look like, wait and see.

I was looking forward to these new aspects of the game, but its starting to seem like its going to be more of the same. PotT seemed like something fun to do while not raiding/doing heroics. It would give you more a "storied" feeling with your character and give you something new to work towards. Guild talents seemed like something that would help give your guild more of an identity, promote discussion among guildies, and just make the idea of guilds more interesting. Would it cause conflict in some guild? Sure, but it seemed worth it to me.

Its looking more and more like:
    Lvl to 85
    run heroics/raids for gear

Rather than have some new storyline/mechanic for medium glyphs, you just stop by AH
    Rather than having more depth/options to guilds, you just automatically get rewards for stuff you would have been doing anyway
    Rather than arch. playing a role in the progression of your toon, you just go around, digging stuff up for random rewards that dont have much use. It will probably end up being a profession that most ppl wont even bother to lvl.

Now i know:
    They are adding new quests....but Ive already done a lot of quests. This is just a new version of the same idea.
    They are remaking old zones......a good idea, but not gonna make a difference in my game play.
    2 new races.....once again, a good idea, but not gonna make a difference in my game play.
    Changing classes....with the exception of a few specs (and hunters/locks, but have to wait and see how the new mechanics change their play style), most things are staying mostly the same. The "fun" talents they were talking about dont seem to be as abundant as it seemed like they would be.

It may be hard to believe, but this really isnt meant as a qq post. I was just expecting more, and maybe thats my own fault. I was looking forward to new aspects of the game....something new to do. I realize only 3 things are changing (arch, pott, guild talents), but they were 3 of the more interesting and genuinly "new" things the xpac had to offer. Most of the other changes just seem like old ideas with a new twist. Now its not my intent to be like, "OMG blizz you suck, your ruining the game and only care about $$$, blah blah blah". Im sure they have good reasons for making these decisions, but Id be lying if I said I didnt lose a lot of the excitement I had built up for cat.
    Last edited by Mortifie; 2010-06-13 at 02:56 PM.