Question back after a few months

I have recently come back to Azeroth after an extended break. I still dont know what the hell Gearscore is, but another question for another time. The reason i'm posting at this site is because i'm at a fork in the road and im looking for council, guidance, whatever you wish. Blood elf paladins have become a dominant force on my server; every dungeon I traverse, i have been accompanied by at least 2-3 paladins, which is insanely ubsurd. I'm looking to create a character that has great dungeon/raid untility, is survival, and most important of all- there are not many of. I understand that everyone's opinon on this matter will be completely different, which is fantastic. I am looking forward to reading all of your reasons for that class. Please be sure to post your reasons.

I know some dont even want to read that much.
    TL;DR- Back to wow, too many paladins, need a new fun and useful class to play, explain reasons why

Thanks in advance!
    -just another lost paladin
    Last edited by Palladdin; 2010-06-13 at 10:02 AM.

hmm on my server the rarest class would have to be warlock, i dont know how it differs on other servers though

Play a druid. Useful in PVE, fun in PVP.
    Lifebloom is wicked sweet.

Thanks to LRCollier for sig.
    100% Altoholic ;D