Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You want a very fast leveling experiance...do want i did...

Spec fury when you get dual wield, find a good tank, instance like crazy, spec into imp berserker rage... and Cleave and WW non stop as your tank pulls packs...

Doing this i end up doing on average 50% of the entire groups damage (my friend tanks them on his pally, and we have a druid as heals)

we get about 1-2 levels an hour as we decimate instances (we are all 50ish atm now..been fury since...28...arms is just toooooooo slow for me)

Depends since I would only suggest 2 trees, Prot or Arms. Prot being more of a dungeon leveler and when you are questing, it helps since you would have silences, stuns, and warbringer. For Arms, you are just a killing machine. Once you have Mortal Strike, it is much more easier and you also breeze through mobs with overpower

I agree with Machinate. If you have heirlooms, I'm sure you have 1000g to dual spec at 40. Prot for Qs, arms for DPS and questing. Sure you can AoE grind as prot as well. Up to you, but I say arms since fury is really bad until you get hit gear.

P.S. ORC WARRIORS FTW!!!! <3 <3 <3
    I definitely find that I like your face better, now that I've smashed it with my shield.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually not so bad going some sort of hybrid build until you are able to dual spec. That way, you can still kill stuff well enough and also tank instances without too much trouble. Of course, with the way things are these days, it's a good idea to go fully Arms and fully Prot, dual specced, once you hit 40.

I may be coming across as pedantic, but OP, you didn't list every heirloom item, and yet you said you have all of them. What about the ring?
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I may be coming across as pedantic, but OP, you didn't list every heirloom item, and yet you said you have all of them. What about the ring?
    Oh snap dawg... /owned
    I definitely find that I like your face better, now that I've smashed it with my shield.

It feels that dungeon leveling has significantly slowed down in WOTLK compared to just pure quest grinding-especially if you are lowest party member, which happens to me a lot. It is definitely worth-while to spend most of your time in dungeons in pre-WOTLK content.

I might be in strange battle-group but lately I have experienced longer waiting times to get into dungeon, even as tank. It seems there is lack of healers while leveling for some reason.

Dual-spec is definitely good idea, you can quest a bit while waiting 5-10 minutes for instance.

spec fully prot even if you aren't doing randoms

just spam revenge lol

I dont have the heirloom ring... my server is huge and it is REALLY hard to get that thing! 1 per week come on blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    spec fully prot even if you aren't doing randoms

just spam revenge lol
    seriously This ^^, and get the glyph of revenge, every time you hit, free heroic strike. Im leveling a warrior right now, and the leveling, even questing as prot, is so fast.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LhrcdfIk0bbRdGkio
    1-60
    because fury sucks 1-60 because you don't have titan's grip

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LA0M0bZGx00EVuMeRVzAob
    60-80
    because with bloodthirst(also get glyph),you pretty much don't have downtime,which is awesome

didn't tried protection so dunno

15+ Year Old Account
    Fury 1-60 is faster than Arms 1-60 because DW 1h's does more dps than 1 2 hander.
    Fury 40-80 is faster than Arms because you heal about as much damage as you take and have less downtime.
    Prot 1-80 is fastest because instant dungeon queues are very convenient and Revenge got buffed so it hits hard.
    Arms is more dps at fresh-80 because rage is less of an issue in low gear.

At least, this is what I learned at band camp.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Fury 1-60 is faster than Arms 1-60 because DW 1h's does more dps than 1 2 hander.
    Fury 40-80 is faster than Arms because you heal about as much damage as you take and have less downtime.
    Prot 1-80 is fastest because instant dungeon queues are very convenient and Revenge got buffed so it hits hard.
    Arms is more dps at fresh-80 because rage is less of an issue in low gear.

At least, this is what I learned at band camp.
    Agree, only wish the LFG system was upgraded when I lvled my War, hated spamming "Lvl** Warrior LFG" all over the place. *sigh*

Protection does more dps in 5 mans because you spend more time on the target than everyone else. You rush in and smack things and go cleave city at your own pace. Everyone else attacks after you. Thus your meter gives you an extra 3 seconds (or more, per fight) of dps vs their zero. If combat lasted 20 seconds, they did 17 seconds worth of dps, which is 15% less.
    Actually while leveling I also won dps (as well as damage done). Revenge hits like a truck!
    At 80 I still win damage done most of the time, but not dps, due to what you said. Some dps are still looting, wandering around, etc. while I am already rounding up groups of mobs.

For questing - Arms definitely, with heirlooms + enchants you'll two-shot anything till lvl 20 (recently leveled my 3rd warr, it was a blast).

Which spec? I'd suggest regular pve spec with some pvp talents, like second wind (to reduce downtime).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diemor View Post

But when leveling my warrior I tried fury and didn't like it until I got bloodthirst(40)

I then tried arms on my second warrior and didn't like it til I got mortal strike, and even then it was a little slow.

That's what I hated about leveling a warrior at low levels: there's literally nothing to do. You don't have any of the major warrior attacks (SS, BT, WW, MS, etc.); all you really have is auto-swing, HS (not enough rage anyone?), Slam (casting...as a warrior..for crap dmg), and Rend (oh boy, a pathetic DOT).

Blizzard really needs to give Warriors a new attack at low levels that is replaced around level 40 or so. They're all ready doing it with Enh Shamans (one spec), so why not do it for an entire class?

Protection does more dps in 5 mans because you spend more time on the target than everyone else. You rush in and smack things and go cleave city at your own pace. Everyone else attacks after you. Thus your meter gives you an extra 3 seconds (or more, per fight) of dps vs their zero. If combat lasted 20 seconds, they did 17 seconds worth of dps, which is 15% less.

It doesn't actually do more dps, it just appears to.

That said, leveling prot is the best way because you get to be really decent at questing and get instant queues for dungeons when you're in the mood or when you want to do some dungeon quests.

Fury 40+ w/ Glyph of Bloodlust has no downtime if you're looking for a solo experience.
    it actually does do more dps 95% of the time unless you have some heirloom stacked Mage spamming blizzard on the 10 mobs you pulled. I'm leveling a second warrior just for the fun of it to tank old dungeons and at level 39 I'm usually at around 320 dps and everyone else hovers at 80-250, depending how big the pull is. Incite is a very powerful talent for massive pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is good with the right talents. Deep wounds, improved overpower, and the rend one. I forgot what it's called ^^ I have an 80 warrior myself, good to level.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those way so you to go Fury, please, let them live their own dream.

Even at 80 when most Warriors insantly go Fury (Because at ICC25+ gear it gets good) they do sucky DPS.

Why? Arms just does wway better at lower gearlevels, even with heirlooms. Those with Fury before the appropriate gearlevels just do so because either;

A. They reall really really love Fury.
    B. Because they saw an high end Fury warrior.

The latter is the most probable. Just don't go Fury.

For soolo levelling through quests I'd say Arms. Prot is problaby faster but Arms lets you learn the class better. Prot for LFG system and sololevelling just for speed.

Just don´t go Fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Fury levelling

So, was wondering, when levelling as a fury warrior what combination of heirloom weapons are the best before you get titans grip?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=42945
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=44096

... furthermore how do you in general choose between weapons for MH/OH as fury warrior.

Thanks in advance.
    On a totally unrelated side note, I've always seen battlegrounds as gladiatorial arenas where warriors fight in glorious combat to the death. Meanwhile raiding is walking up to someone's house, kicking down the door, kicking the shit out of their family, stealing the mother's pearl necklace then screaming out "ROLL FOR LOOT! LOL!"

I really really love fury. I remember switching to it when I was in the hinterlands. I also remember talking to some guy that got into the wotlk beta at that same time lol...